• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #348

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
James Jacobs said:
Nope. Demogorgon's not next.

Although there's a chance that the next one'll get me in trouble...
Malcanthet, Demon Queen of Succubi? Is Dragon going to need a special sealed "MATURE" section again?

Demiurge out.

Banshee16

First Post
Dark Psion said:
I just got it!

Core Beliefs: Vecna: Nuff Said!

Bestowed Curses: New curse effects for Bestow Curse and a new spell Greater Bestow Curse

Bloodlines: Three Variant Vampires
The Savage Vampire: One that has been lost to the thirst of blood
The Shadow Vampire: One that draws greater power from darkness
The Terror Vampire: One that feeds on the Fear of its victim as well as their blood

Next month in Dragon #349
Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Dagon
Complete Guide the Bows
The Hordlands
Ecology of the Ogre Mage

Is the "Terror Vampire" something along the lines of The Hunter a.k.a. Garald Tarrant from the Coldfire trilogy by C.S. Friedman? That would be pretty cool :)

BTW, did you just mention that there's info about the hordelands in the next Dragon issue?

Banshee

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Banshee16 said:
Is the "Terror Vampire" something along the lines of The Hunter a.k.a. Garald Tarrant from the Coldfire trilogy by C.S. Friedman? That would be pretty cool :)
Agreed Tarrant was a great character and a pretty decent anti-hero.

*prays Orcus is the next one...* Or better yet Yeenoghu! ;)

Banshee16

First Post
Nightfall said:
Agreed Tarrant was a great character and a pretty decent anti-hero.

*prays Orcus is the next one...* Or better yet Yeenoghu! ;)

No kidding....I'm not a huge anti-hero fan, but he was cool....and the psychology of why he was the way he was, and why he made the choices he did, and how the cause of those choices was tied into the conclusion of the trilogy was all very cool. I always felt he got off easy for his sins though....if he was going to survive, it might have been better if he'd become one of his own victims.

In any case, a vampire that feeds on fear would be cool. I've tried figuring out how I'd generate mechanics for creatures that feed on different emotions or personality traits. Could you create a creature that feeds on greed, or on hate, or on love? What would happen to the food source if that emotional trait was drained?

Banshee

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Dark Psion said:
Next month in Dragon #349
Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Dagon

anyone want to elaborate? :)

James Jacobs said:
Nope. Demogorgon's not next.

Although there's a chance that the next one'll get me in trouble...

is that a hint? ;)

i was expecting to see Demogorgon in 357 anyway, so no surprise there for me. :) in fact, i would have been surprised to see him in any issue other than 357 due to the timing of the adventure path. 353 seems a little early in the AP to me, and 361 will be after the AP is concluded and therefore a bit too late.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads