Dragon 364 News at Gleemax [merged]

There's a short article on Gleemax on what's going to be in Dragon 364:

For the next several weeks, you’ll be seeing fewer 4th Edition Design and Development columns than normal. This is because the writers, all of whom are members of the R&D staff, are busy finalizing the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master’s Guide, and Monster Manual. As a result, we’re scaling back the number of online articles. Once the three core rulebooks are off to the printer, we’ll get the R&D staffers back on their regular schedule and return to our Monday–Wednesday–Friday release schedule. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding!

For those who don’t know, D&D Experience is happening at the end of the month in Washington D.C. Several members of the 4th Edition team will be in attendance, running 4E games and presenting some of the as-yet-unseen features of D&D Insider. We’ll be posting a full report on the festivities. In the meantime, here’s a glimpse of some of the content scheduled for the first 4th Edition issue of Dragon Magazine, releasing later this year:

* Bhaarel: Lost City of Bael Turath
An ancient city of the fallen tiefling empire hosts unimaginable perils… and rewards.

* The Wolves of Maldeen
This organization lives to uphold the high standards of its namesake, and is always on the lookout for new heroic members.

* The Ashen Covenant: Cult of Orcus
The followers of Orcus fall into many different factions, but this group believes that their demon prince master can rise to greater power only through the death of deity... and they'll do anything to ensure that comes to pass.

* Return of the Warforged
Introducing new options for warforged characters, expanding on the material for the race in the Monster Manual.

* Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Yeenoghu
The demon prince of gnolls has long been a mystery to many, but this fierce and brutal denizen of the Elemental Chaos is finally described in detail in this latest entry from Iggwilv's tome.

* Creature Incarnations: Kobolds
Not enough kobolds? This new recurring feature in Dragon premieres with more kobold variants to supplement those presented in the Monster Manual.

* Plus, the return of Class Acts, and more corners of the Realms and Eberron are uncovered in Realmslore and Expeditionary Dispatches.

And, all of Dragon’s excellent columns are back, including:

* Design & Development
* Roll vs. Role
* RPGA Reports
* Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard
* Ampersand

And that’s just Dragon!

The timeframe for establishing when we will begin charging for subscriptions has yet to be determined, but we’ll have more information in the coming weeks. And once we get some titles for adventures, we’ll post our Table of Contents for the first 4th Edition issue of Dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesh

First Post
Dragon 364 preview

Wizards put up a teaser preview of what will be in the next online issue of Dragon.

Bhaarel: Lost City of Bael Turath
An ancient city of the fallen tiefling empire hosts unimaginable perils… and rewards.

The Wolves of Maldeen
This organization lives to uphold the high standards of its namesake, and is always on the lookout for new heroic members.

The Ashen Covenant: Cult of Orcus
The followers of Orcus fall into many different factions, but this group believes that their demon prince master can rise to greater power only through the death of deity... and they'll do anything to ensure that comes to pass.

Return of the Warforged
Introducing new options for warforged characters, expanding on the material for the race in the Monster Manual.

Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Yeenoghu
The demon prince of gnolls has long been a mystery to many, but this fierce and brutal denizen of the Elemental Chaos is finally described in detail in this latest entry from Iggwilv's tome.

Creature Incarnations: Kobolds
Not enough kobolds? This new recurring feature in Dragon premieres with more kobold variants to supplement those presented in the Monster Manual.

Plus, the return of Class Acts, and more corners of the Realms and Eberron are uncovered in Realmslore and Expeditionary Dispatches.
And, all of Dragon’s excellent columns are back, including:

Design & Development
Roll vs. Role
RPGA Reports
Confessions of a Full-Time Wizard
Ampersand

Personally, I'm excited by the new Yeenoghu article! (No, I'm not biased. Why do you ask? :D )

Grymar

Explorer
When does this come out? Or released? Or posted....whatever you call it when the put the wordy things up on the intertube thingy so we can read it.

Ie. is the warforged information for 4e?

IanB

First Post
Grymar said:
When does this come out? Or released? Or posted....whatever you call it when the put the wordy things up on the intertube thingy so we can read it.

Ie. is the warforged information for 4e?

Almost certainly, since it mentions that it will build on their information in the Monster Manual, and we know they're in the 4e MM... and not in the 3.5e one. ;)

D'karr

Adventurer
I hate having to rummage through their site to find the articles.

I thought that they were going to compile the issues into PDF's.

Whatever happened with that?

Rechan

Adventurer
DAMN YOU WOTC. I wasn't planning on putting money into DDI, but here you give me KOBOLDS, and the demon prince of GNOLLS!

I shake my fist at you!

Remove ads