Dragon Fist physical copy

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
Remember that old martial arts game Dragon Fist from WotC they released for free back in the day? I finally had lulu.com print me a softcover color copy since I was tired of reading the pdf every couple of months.

Wow! It really is impressive. They did a great job with it. If it wasn't so expensive I would have gotten the hard cover. Makes me actually want to play the game! Has anyone played it before? Thoughts on it? Fun? Boring? I really like the "AD&D 2.75" rules it has, especially the Stunt system.

Klaus

First Post
I printed DF out in color, back when it was released, and made a wallpaper and a character sheet for it. Never got a chance to run it, but it reads darn sweet!

CapnZapp

Legend
The rights reverted to its author, which is Chris Pramas of Green Ronin fame.

GR started on a DF rpg (several times?), but unfortunately nothing but vapor has come of it.

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
It really does read very easy and very sweet! And it's a shame nothing ever came of it. However, part of me is almost glad because I fear that if it did it would have come closer to D&D 3.0 than it already is and that would have made the system unnecessarily complicated. It's very streamlined and simple without being boringly simple. I wish the add on Pramas was making would have surfaced. Too bad. I've considered trying to make a Mortal Kombat sourcebook for it.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
When it came out I was working in the support wing of . . . umm . . . a major corporation's marketing department *cough*. I printed off 6 color laser double-sided physical copies of the game in the event I got my group to try it. I regret never having the chance to play but I still have all six print outs. I almost thought I lost them too, having misplaced them for 5 years and had trashed my downloaded .pdfs(!). Only when we bought our new house and I was able to unbox all of my RPG collection did I find them again. There was a lot of jumping and dancing that day. ;)

What I would do to get my hands on the .pdfs again. *sigh*

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
I think I still have them on an old hard drive that I've never bothered to hook back up, but I'm not sure.

I have a physical copy. A friend of mine was working for the University printing services so he made a couple of copies. Most of it was black and white except the Map and the cover page (it was hardbound and the cover is blank). We never got the adventure put in, but that's no big deal. Still have it on my bookshelf.

dm4hire

Explorer
I think Chris really wants to put it out. It seemed to me he just got frustrated with all the hangups and then there were some fans who were getting pretty vicious in wanting to know when it was coming out on the boards. I would be one of the first in line to buy it if he does though.

Thanael

Explorer
When it came out I was working in the support wing of . . . umm . . . a major corporation's marketing department *cough*. I printed off 6 color laser double-sided physical copies of the game in the event I got my group to try it. I regret never having the chance to play but I still have all six print outs. I almost thought I lost them too, having misplaced them for 5 years and had trashed my downloaded .pdfs(!). Only when we bought our new house and I was able to unbox all of my RPG collection did I find them again. There was a lot of jumping and dancing that day. ;)

What I would do to get my hands on the .pdfs again. *sigh*

Check out deleted link - don't post links to file-sharing sites, please. If Green Ronin wants to release this, thats up to them -Kid Charlemagne here. You can download the individual files there.

I'm wondering what this book here is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads