D&D 5E Dragon+ magazine is no more.

I've missed both Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Magazine, and IMO Dragon+ was a poor successor. The only thing I remember liking at all from Dragon+ was the small number of articles (and by small number I mean like maybe 2 or 3) detailing a couple of new NPCs with statblocks and backstories.

I know that creators on DMsGuild are putting out a lot of the kind of content that used to be in the magazines, but it's not exactly the same to me for whatever reason.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I've missed both Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Magazine, and IMO Dragon+ was a poor successor. The only thing I remember liking at all from Dragon+ was the small number of articles (and by small number I mean like maybe 2 or 3) detailing a couple of new NPCs with statblocks and backstories.
I agree with you and the other posters who're saying Dragon+ was a poor successor to Dragon and Dungeon. At least the original had content you could play with and use along with the interviews and ads. Dragon+ was mostly ads and blog posts gated behind an app.
I know that creators on DMsGuild are putting out a lot of the kind of content that used to be in the magazines, but it's not exactly the same to me for whatever reason.
The stamp of being official carries a lot of weight. Even if it's the same people producing the official and unofficial content.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
About the only thing I'd want to save was the article about the cats and creating a setting for them. Really wanted that as a PDF.

Yaarel

He Mage
I keep meaning to look and see if anyone trustworthy has a blog or website dedicated to curating DMsGuild content for the rest of us. That would be closer, I suppose.
There have been people who tried to do news about DMsGuild, but it seems overwhelming. There is much to sort thru, and the gaming quality is all over the place. Also, some of the good stuff is costly − a good thing for the creator − but it is a barrier against people who want to read thru everything to give out reviews.

Maybe the best way is to create a forum sticky thread? So any one here who happens to come across something they like from DMsGuild can mention it here for the rest of us to check out too.

Remove ads