Dragon Magic

Nifft

Penguin Herder
With all the [Draonic] feats, Sorcerer levels can be made worthwhile. The Pact-Bound Adept is pretty neat, though. :)

Cheers, -- N

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Nifft,

I'll just settle for using Ultimate Magus meself. :p

But I think Crothy that Races of the Dragon have some good sorcerer only type Pr-classes.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Nightfall said:
Josh,

Eh maybe. But Draconicon had the better Pr-classes in my mind.

That depends on your point of view.

Dragon Descendant is a very, very nice monk prestige class, of which there are entirely too few.

Hand of the Winged Masters is a very nifty rogue PrC as well. Rogues also don't have many good prestige class choices, unless they're casters as well.

The only prestige class from Draconomicon that I was really interested in was the Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries, and that was so my epic monk could continue his unarmed damage progression.

Brad

Dragon Vindaloo

First Post
I bought Dragon Magic as there was not really any other D&D books out to buy in the local game store that week; I thought it might be a let down after Races of the Dragon but was pleased to find it a really great little book with lots of cool things inside.

The Dragonfire Adept and various feats and creatures have all made it into my next campaign for sure. My one gripe is that it could have included more sorceror stuff.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Dragon,

I think they did enough. Anyway I'm a melee/holy/semi-wizard kind of guy so that's probably why I liked Draconomicon more. In any case this is certainly a big step up from Races of the Dragon.

Remove ads