• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Mountain - Twin Forks

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Someone said:

"Had been the case you had some more self-discipline, you´d have learn that a man called Lothar that lives in Twin´s Fork, knows something about Dragion Mountain" says Telustiel. "And he certainly is not going to come here."
Argent gives Telusiel the hairy eyeball, As I said. I heard that. But what else do we want to do to garner more information. Good Lord and Lady Teli, take the stick out before you puncture something.

Someone

Adventurer
"Without the 'stick' I would be still guarding caravans. I think I´ll keep it." replies Telustiel. "And the people here just laughed at the mention of Dragon Mountain. I doubt you´ll find anything."

GoldenEagle

First Post
Bardic Knowledge Check - 30 for Uriel and 18 for Argent

Over Breakfast Argent and Uriel relate a story of the mountain to the group. Some of the key points include:

It is not what the bards find that is interesting, but what they already know that is interesting. You have heard rumors and legends of Dragon Mountain. In fact you remember it because it was a story you heard at a very young age from your great-great grandfather and no one in your family has told it since. There are several versions of the children's rhyme and several tell conflicting stories. There are some things in common. It seems to appear in this plane at some interval of years (20 years in most stories); There are many riches to be found. The mountain used to be a dwarven stronghold that was at one point taken over by a dragon as his lair. It changes locations each time it returns to a plane and there is a special item to help predict its location.

(I'll edit this if the two of you want to make the above more colorful)

As far at Twin Forks goes, the only thing notable about the place is that there is NOTHING notable about the place. It is a small village in the fork of a river which is several days travel from here. The druid has mentioned that he can lead the way.

(Major reply on the way)

GE

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
With all of your party (and now that the bards are here I mean party in EVERY sense of the word) present, you now head towards the town of Twin Forks. The town is several days west of Harker’s Ferry. You start the journey in the plains of the Great Continent and within two days you enter into light forest and by day three you are in lightly forested foothills. You are about one day away and looking for a campsite when up ahead at a right hand bend in the road you see it…AMBUSH

You can’t count initially, but suddenly there are arrows flying from camouflaged archers ahead and you notice swordsmen coming in from the sides. It is nearing the end of a long day and you are tired and then suddenly chaos explodes everywhere.

Spot Check (DC 31)

Demitri – no spot listed
Vanger 7+10= 17
Jeffrey 9+12 = 21
Rimathil – no spot listed
Argon 18+22 = 40 (Ambush detected)
Telestiel 8+11=19
Rino 11+15 = 26
Naglfar 15+20 = 35 (Ambush Detected)

Initiative – Surprise Round
Naglfar Roll : 19 + 8 = 27
Bad Guys Roll : 11 + 5 = 16
Argon Roll : 5 + 6 = 11

Round 1:
Naglfar Roll : 19 + 8 = 27
Telustiel Roll : 16.+9 = 25
Argent Roll : 18. + 7 = 25
Vangar Roll : 15.+ 4 = 19
Bad Guys Roll : 11 + 5 = 16
Rino Roll : 1 + 12 = 13
Argon Roll : 5 + 6 = 11
Jeffrey Roll : 11 + 0 = 11
Rumathil Roll : 11 + 0 = 11
Demitri Roll : 11 + 0 =11 (will update with completed PC)

A1 Attack Roll : 13 + 15 = 28 argon Hit 12 damage
A2 Attack Roll : 15 +15 = 30 at argon Hit 11 damage
A3 Attack Roll : 2+15=17 at Vangar Miss
A4 Attack Roll : 12+15=27 Naglfar Hit 9 damage
A5 Attack Roll : 3+15=18 at Vangar Miss
A6 Attack Roll : 11+15=26 at Demetri Hit 11 damage
A7 Attack Roll : 17+15=32 at Rimathil Hit 7 damage
A8 Attack Roll : 16+15=31 at Argon Hit 10 damage
S1 Attack Roll : 3+15=18 att naglfar Miss
S2 Attack Roll : 12+15=27 argent Hit 10 damage
S3 Attack Roll : 19 +12=31 Jeffrey Hit (Crit confirmed) 15 Damage (weak rolls)
S4 Attack Roll : 6+12=18 at Rimathil Hit 13 damage
S5 Attack Roll : 14+12=26 at Rino Miss
S6 Attack Roll : 17+12=29 Demitri Hit 9 damage
S7 Attack Roll : 10+12=22 Vangar Hit 5 damage
S8 Attack Roll : 17+12=29 Argon Hit 12 damage
L1 Attack Roll : 9+12=21 Demitri Hit 10 damage

(do you wanting me posting every roll or just telling you the outcome?)

OOC: For combat I am going to ask each one of you to roll yourself. It’s a game and I trust you to be honest. At the end of combat posts I will ask you to have you entire status including AC, HP, active spell effects (including magic items that matter) so that I make as few mistakes as possible. I’ll roll initiative to speed things up. If you have any suggestions to make things faster please let me know. As you can tell I am having major map making issues :eek: All of the archers are behind trees. You are on a forest lined road.

GE

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Suprise Round: Mirror Image on self, 7 Images.
<Conc check rol8+19=27-9/damage=18. Success.

Round One:
Dominate Person on Swordsman attacking me.
OoC:Although he might attack a different Image and dispel it as well.
Having him attack one of his fellows.

<DC 21 save. Actions contrary, ie. attacking friends to his nature give a second save at +1-4 DM discretion>

DM_Matt

First Post
I just finally updated my PC with finalized skills and equiptment. I'd appreciate getting the spot check (Its an easy one for Rimathil with his +27, owing to the fact that druids now have spot as a class skill and he gets his +9 Wis mod for it), although I'd understand if you said no.

I am working on spells memorized and spells ept up. I will await finding out if I get an action in the surprise round bfore posting my actions and finding out the positioning of th eenemies (I will prolly cast stoneskin and wildshape into something big and nasty like an Allosaurus (MM2), and either cast some burn if I have the sup round or just attack...still looking into it)

EDIT: In hindsight, while I am a holy terror as a combat dino, when I have a full set of spells at the end of the day I am probably better off assuming a defensive form like an Anklyosaurus or an Air Elemental and casting some big burn spells, like an Empowered Sonic (Fire) Storm. But again, I need a woking map and knowledge of the suprise round issue. A;sp note that my Dire Bear Yigu is with me. I will stat him fully tonite.

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
OOC: I have not posted readied spells because I was still working on them so please forgive the choice of spells, but do remember I am a cleric of war.

Activate my boots of speed

casting defensively 18+11=29
Casting Fire Storm
Placing a cube over each bad guy so as not to get a good guy
43 damage is full 21 is half extra cubes placed elsewhere of inconsequence

DC = 26

GoldenEagle

First Post
OOC: As far as spell lists, etc, this is only a warm up. I'll tighten up the reigns as we move, but I think that combat has a way of moving things along.

DM Matt - Please act in the suprise round. I will adjust the other stuff. If you are using anything but the core stuff I'll need you to post everything.

GE

DM_Matt

First Post
Surprise Round: Empowered Sonic (Fire Storm) 73 Dmg (DC 23), cast on the defensive. Five foot step diagonal northeast to be back to back with 5.

Suddenly, the wind begins to howl and leaves and other debree spin around Rimathil...He seems to be growing insubstantial at the edges...His eyes grown white and a stone flies into his hand. In a low, growling vioce, e says "You bandits obviously fail to grasp the seriousness of your offense." He crushes the stone and each bandit feels a crushing, deafening blast of force around them. (Description of the above)

Next Round, He'll use the MEA to go Air Elemental (its Su for the 3.5e druid, btw...cant be interrupted by dmg) and hit the baddies with a regular Sonic Storm cast defensively(50dmg, DC 23). In air elemental form I gain Improved Initiative, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Weap Finesse, DR 10/+1, Str 18, Dex 27, Nat Armor 4, and Fly 100 (perfect). My Init becomes +12 and my AC becomes 28 (+ Dodge (Target = nearest opponent).

Meanwhile, his bear, west of where he would be after the 5 foot step, attacks S4, then S1 if S4 is killed. It does not act in the surpise round.

Yigu, Advanced Dire Bear Animal Companion: HP: 115, AC: 18, Attax: 2 Claws @+20/2d4+11, 1 bite @ +14/2d8+5, Evasion, Improved Grab, Speed 40, Init +2, LIsten/Spot +7 Saves: Fort 13, Ref 10, Will 10, Reach 10

Bite: 14+19 = 33, dmg 14
Claw 1: 20+ 8 = 28, dmg 15
Claw 2: 20+ 9 = 29, dmg 14

Last edited:

Remove ads