• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn Info

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Anybody else care to guess/decipher what the remainder of the text for the Dragonborn might be?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
LOL BEWBS!

4e is so mammalian. I've had it up to here with their mammal-o-centric mammal-ocracy! Outrage! Indignancy! Rabble rabble!

Robble robble?
hamburglar.gif

Last edited:

Dark080matter

First Post
RyukenAngel said:
Anybody else care to guess/decipher what the remainder of the text for the Dragonborn might be?

heh, well if I really had to guess(don't have access to any kind of zoomed-in text like the OP, just personal opinion/possiblity) I would say that Draconic Heritage will probably allow you to use either your Strength or Charisma modifiers instead of Constitution for... Healing Surges per day. Why? Because of the limitations on how quickly a character can use Second Wind (normally just 1x per Encounter barring exceptions, right?), it's a simple change that solidifies the notion of Dragonborn being "just a bit tougher" without anything as egregious or heavy-handed as giving them bonus Hit Points or bonus Healing Surge HP.

Also, by enhancing optimization of ability scores (making it an easier choice to sacrifice some CON for that extra bit of raw Strength, say), it would be a good incentive for locking them into the "Tough Resilient dudes" archetype... and rightly so!

Just my guess/wish.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
keterys said:
But, whatever works. It's when people are like 'I'm changing marking. or diagonal movement. or dragonborn boob physics' that I'd question their sense in changing rules they haven't experienced fully.

Yeah, fully.
Agreed. So I feel I should clarify...

For the record, I think the dragonborn (and tieflings also) are colorful additions to the game. The cruchy bits that we have seen so far appear to be balanced and interesting. I can't really say whether they are "good" or "bad" since I haven't had a chance to fully experience them, as keterys said. But I can say that they aren't a good fit for my game world...the flavor is all wrong for us. My world doesn't have talking reptiles or acid-spitting superheroes in it, and I shouldn't feel compelled to shoehorn them in simply because the handbook makes them available.

I am sure that some of my players will disagree. There were complaints from two of my players when I tossed half-orcs out of my current 3.5E campaign, after all.

But these complaints were rather short-lived. Once the party was rolled up and heading off on their first big adventure, nobody noticed that half-orcs were missing. I think it will work out the same way for my hypothetical 4E game as well...unless dragonborn and tieflings are somehow mandatory for game balance in 4E (which I sincerely doubt).

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Kamikaze Midget said:
Ninjas killed my childhood.

Then I resurrected it with the power of friendship.

+ the care bear stare.
I appriciate your opinion, but you scare me some times. o_O

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Kamikaze Midget said:
Ninjas killed my childhood.

Then I resurrected it with the power of friendship.

+ the care bear stare.

Alright! It is official. Kamikaze Midget needs to be stopped. WotC personnel do not hold a candle to this fiend.

Remove ads