Dragonmarked

Moggthegob

First Post
I would like to propose Dragonmarked material as core, now that it has been well over 6 months since its release.

In lieu of the whole book becoming core for us I would like to make a few specific feats and PrCs from it core.

Prestige Classes:
Blade of Orien
Silver Key
Cyre Scout

Feats;
Quicken Dragonmark
Orien battle Stride
DragonMark Battle Strike
Dragonmark Adept
Dragon mark prodigy also falls under this category
Spells:
Fortify Dragonmark
Mask Abberant Dragonmark
ignite Dragonmark
Ray of Retaliation
Dancing Dragonmark

Also spells from the spell compendium used by the Dragonmark adept and dragonmark prodigy feats:
Ebon eyes
Bloodhound
Instant search
enrage animal
nature's favor
lesser vigor
stabilize
Dawn
second wind
Golem strike
stick
Benign transposition
dark way
amanuensis
Lionheart
Warning Shout
Insightful feint
net of shadows
electric jolt
updraft
dispel ward
Discern shapechanger
know vulnerabiities
circle dance
share husk
train animal
close wounds
vigor
Servant horde
Force ladder
quick potion
baleful tansposition
swift fly
speechlink
lesser spell immunity
mass resurgence
Blindsight
veil of shadows
Blinding winds
Down draft
Shadow cache
sign of sealing

also from magic of eberron
detect dragonmark
ancient knowledge
hidden ward
speaking stones
clothiers closet
A few of these will help my fighter others are jsut cool.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Quicken Dragonmark is the only one I was familiar with, and that didn't seem too bad. I can't comment on the rest.

Bront

The man with the probe
4th of July week will be slow. RA is out of town, KO is having computer troubles, E13 has been busy, and Stonegod... well, he has no excuse.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
- the Fourth isn't enough? :)
- I check the proposal that aren't mentioned in the discussion section about 1-2/wk
- Big work project upcoming so slow on my end until the 17th

That being said, I have dragonmarked and like much of the stuff, though some looks like it should be looked at carefully which I don't have the time for right now. :) Maybe this weekend. Regardless, that'd be only two judges looking at it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Erekose13 said:
I've got it and will take a look when I have time. Got 3 characters outstanding that I need to judge.
I've got two of those, is the third Mellub's? He didn't forward to me.

Bront

The man with the probe
Got a chance to peek at one...

Prestige Classes:
Blade of Orien - Orien's Fury worries me a little bit, but not enough to say no to the class. YES
Silver Key - Can be entered as early as 4th level, and SR20 at 8th level? No, at least for the moment.
Cyre Scout - Different, but seems balanced. YES

Feats;
Quicken Dragonmark - Hrm... YES
Orien battle Stride- NO. The movie action needs to be limited to 1 extra 5' step per round (maybe 2 for a greater mark), otherwise it could result in odd situations giving you nearly unlimited movement.
DragonMark Battle Strike - YES. Odd, but I don't see it being that unbalanced given that it requites an action point, can only be taken by marked characters, and only effects marked characters. Remember, NPCs get to use it too :]
Dragonmark Adept - YES. It's like adding an extra "Moderate" dragonmark.
Lesser Aberrant Dragonmark - Added by me, but YES

Spells:
Fortify Dragonmark - YES (Seems rather weak)
Mask Abberant Dragonmark - YES
ignite Dragonmark - Maybe... being an invocation worries me for such a specific spell.
Ray of Retaliation - Note sure I like this one
Dancing Dragonmark - YES, though it's odd.

Moggthegob

First Post
Bront said:
Got a chance to peek at one...

Feats;

Orien battle Stride- NO. The movie action needs to be limited to 1 extra 5' step per round (maybe 2 for a greater mark), otherwise it could result in odd situations giving you nearly unlimited movement.

I would not really be interested in twinking it. What I was interested in was the ability to break up full attacks or rapid shot if one of them happens to miss.

Remove ads