Dragon's Delve by Archon Adept - A Dungeonaday.com Adventure [IC]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Justin stops in his tracks at the sound of the roar. He backpedals a little bit and reaches for his sword. The response from his companions distracts him for a little bit, and he gives a short, nervous laugh.

"Perhaps it isn't hunting us? Perhaps there's something else down there? I mean it didn't sound VERY close, right? Oh dear. Um, perhaps would should stay here and if it doesn't come to us, well then, all the better."

Voadam

Legend
"I didn't hear it, was it a forest lion using the Delve as a cave lair?" Robert looks disconcerted but he gets out his little sling just in case.

"Perhaps we should explore all the top portions of the Delve before engaging lions hunting on the lower level. We just won't count the down sloping passages as we follow our left path strategy. Yes, I'm with Justin on this one."

renau1g

First Post
"Many creatures can live in the dark, dragons do it all the time" Illian replies, looking cautiously down the dark tunnel.

"I agree with Robert, if we end up having to run away from it we don't want to run into anything up here that we didn't see" the wild elf will suggest.

Archon Adept

First Post
To be clear, the passage from which the roar emanated angles off to the southwest, but it doesn't slope down. It's the same level of the dungeon that you're already on.

Voadam

Legend
Robert Sack

"Although, on second thought, we might want to see what's in the room with the door over there, it might provide a bolt hole for us if we need to run from a lion."

Archon Adept

First Post
The party's debate as to how to proceed abruptly becomes moot as a big feline predator emerges into the dimly lit radius of Dorian's light source. It's a mountain lion, and it growls menacingly as it aggressively approaches!

[sblock=Combat Map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

INITIATIVE ORDER
Illian
Mountain Lion
Robert
Clip
Bellus
Justin
Dorian

Aww, our first fight! :) Please post combat actions in any order, and I'll do my best to synthesize them into a cohesive round. Conditional alternatives are always helpful, especially if you fall later in the INIT order.

Attachments

• DaD Combat Mt Lion Rd1.JPG
    DaD Combat Mt Lion Rd1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 173

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Bellus Mughandle

"Hold the line! Ready arms!" Bellus urges as he follows his own advice and readies his longspear for the attack.

[sblock=OOC]
Ready an attack for if the animal gets within longspear range.
Attack and Damage: 1d20+1=15, 1d8+1=2 (Addendum: Not modified for inspire courage).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Robert Sack

Robert hears this roar and jumps back a step "Ahh! C-, c-, courage!" Robert reaches deep and uses his bardic training to draw upon the True Song that underlies reality. He calls forth the courage beneath that lies deep within the hearts of true men. He also whirls a stone at the cat to discourage it from attacking if he can.

move action spellnote inspire courage (+1 morale bonus to attack and damage for allies) and standard action ranged sling attack at +7 for d3 damage.

Remove ads