• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonwriter's Music-Inspired Insanity

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ferrinzo nods at each question, his face still quite serious. "There was one hired sword with the wagon and my one teamster. You will be able to recognize them rather easily, I believe. The guard was a tall Skarn with a long scalp lock and the usual spikes named Velchek. My wagoneer was a human of average height, dark hair, light beard, name of Jared. There shouldn't be many people in the outpost, seeing as mainly hunters come in there for a day or two, sell their furs to some of the traders there, who then sell the furs to anyone that comes in, at a profit, of course.

The outpost itself is two days walk away from the city. It really isn't so far, the trouble is that the trail leading to the outpost is kept in rather poor condition, which slows progress, especially for wagons. And I only care about you finding my wagon and hired hands.

I'd rather hire mercenaries, if you'll forgive the term, thanks to the woods being somewhat dangerous. There's several good reasons that hunters enjoy those woods, only one of which is the solitude. There's many large, dangerous beasts in there, and one or two of my servants would be too easy a meal for such beasts, even if they were mounted. And there have been rumors of bandits operating out of the woods, but I wouldn't be too worried about that. My more pressing concern would be the natural inhabitants of the forest."

Ferrinzo starts filling his plate and eating, saying between bites, "You can leave tonight or tomorrow, if you accept the job. And I will have your payment ready for you when you return."

Vertexx69

First Post
The dragon had been sitting quietly, taking all that their host and the others had to say. "And what sort of payment did you have in mind for a romp through the beast infested woods to retrieve your valuable property? Did you need the couriers or their bodies retrieved as well? Since it was only yesterday that they probably went missing, they shouldn't be too hard to track, especially with a wagon."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Trying to be attentive and polite seems hard for Jasper, the presences of the remarkable woman has somehow left the young man speechless.

And listening to Lord Ferrinzo's describe the troubles and possible problems they might encounter as a group searching for this missing property turns the bile in the young mans stomach. The combinations have Jasper at a loss but the money the man was willing to pay was sorely needed.

"Yes, what would be the compensation for this small task?" Jasper asked, after the dragon rumbled out the question.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ferrinzo nods, sighing. "I knew we'd come to this eventually... If you can find and return my two wagons and my servant, I am prepared to pay you around, say, two hundred platinum coins. And I may have further work for you in the future, if you prove competent at this."

As Connor speaks, a couple of new servants enter into the room, set down trays and dishes laden with more food and promptly exit.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
When Tom hears the amount of coin they are about to get he slightly chokes on his food, but he regains his composure quickly. Tom then looks over at Ferrinzo with a questioning face. "With that sort of generous pay I pay I will most likely be coming back for seconds," Tom says to him as he grabs a piece of food to make the point "but if you don't mind me asking lord Ferrinzo, why so much for such a simple task?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
"The goods Jared was taking with him were reasonably valuable, but the furs for which he was going to trade were far more worth my time. The furs are a good-sized part of my business in this city, and the capital, so I want all that is supposed to be mine," the human says plainly. Ferrinzo chuckles again, saying, "And I've found in the past that hired hands work better if you pay them more."

Theroc

First Post
Shavallah listened intently while eating the food provided, taking in the information and assessing the risks. It seemed simple enough. Slay a few beasts, find the caravan and report back. Pay seemed ample enough.

"Shavallah hunt caravan." She stated simply with a friendly nod towards Ferrinzo.

jager0727

First Post
The hadozee pauses mid-bite in shock, "Wow! That's probably as much money as I've seen in my whole life, you've got a regular heart of gold, if I may say so, sorry, I guess I already did say so. . .Did you ever wonder why people ask permission to say things after they said them already, kinda silly really...I bet you could do all kinds of interesting things with the type of money you have."
He scratches his head looking at Ferrinzo, "Do you?...Do lots of interesting things I mean.
Anyway, that's like money for nothing, that ain't workin, walking into a forest after all we're all mostly big scary monsters too, maybe we'll make friends. But yeah, that'd be great I hope we do good and can help you again sometime, with pay like that and all, I've always felt it's accountancy that makes the world go round. So I guess I'll pour myself a cup of ambition and if you've got the money, I've got time. Besides you can only survive being 'good' at dockside dice for so long."

Vertexx69

First Post
Platinus nods at the payment proffered. "A fair wage. Any beast not sent scurrying away by the approach of a laden wagon with more than one armed man is no mere forest animal." The offering of platinum has obviously engendered the good will of the dragon. He looks to the others elbow deep in their suppers. "Should we leave this evening or would you lot rather wait until the morn to set out?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I believe hospitality demands of us to stay. But the sooner started the sooner done," Jasper says with a smile. "Let us ask are host about the urgence of his quest."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads