• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonwriter's Music-Inspired Insanity

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Tom looks at the beautiful girl who had walked in and she automatically struck him as odd. She reminded him of himself, otherworldly beautiful and having distinict features that marked her as different. Tom looked over at Jasper who was drooling all over her. "Bards," Tom thought to himself witha lighthearted smile on his face "they will chase after any pretty face won't they." Tom looks over at Jasper still with his smirk on and said to him "Give the lady a break, I'm sure we will have loads of time to talk about what, where and who we came from." all of the time using a spoon he had intended to eat to point and wave at him to make his point.

Theroc

First Post
Shavallah took a piece of bread, eating at a healthy pace. Not ravenously inhaling the food, nor taking dainty nibbles. She took a sip of the drink at her seat as she listened to the man's words, before they were interrupted by the young girl. Shava took a moment to commit the names Mister Ferrinzo spoke, as well as observing the entrance of the girl. She was most certainly lovely, Shavallah was certain of that. Granted, she wasn't sure whether or not that meant USEFUL. Usually the dainty flower was the first to be trampled by a raging beast.

Noting the bard's lack of words, she giggled, pointing to him, and then pointing to Celest before forming her tail into the shape of a heart, still giggling as she took another bite of bread. After she resumed her composure, the girl pointed to herself, giving another introduction.

"Shavallah."

G

Guest 11456

Staring in awe and the marvelous creature before him, Jasper is shook from his thoughts at her words. "The innkeeper? Do you mean the innkeeper knew you or gave you a new name?" he asks looking confused.

The young woman shakes her head. "The innkeeper said that was what the man called me. The man who brought me to the inn. I do not know who the man was nor anything else. The innkeeper told me that the man brought me to the inn to recover. I just woke up only a few hours ago. The innkeeper said I was asleep for several days. He also gave me this note." She turns her attention to Ferrinzo. "I am sorry for interrupting. Please continue!"

Vertexx69

First Post
The dragon stands when the ladies enter the room, stretching to his full magnificent height and formally bows yet again and introduces himself in exactly the same way as he had done on the previous occasions. Taking his seat again, he sits stone-faced :p once again giving their host his full and undivided attention. He doesn't move toward either the drink or the food.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ferrinzo chuckles at the little banter around the table. "Good, good. You should do nicely and work well together."

He sighs and his face, formerly jovial, turns very serious. "Now then, the reason I've asked each of you here is exceedingly simple. I need a little investigative work done out in the woods to the west. One of my teamsters and his wagons have gone missing. He was supposed to take some trading supplies to a hunters outpost in the forest and be back yesterday. Naturally, this is causing me some difficulty as I had counted on the pelts and such to do more business. I would like to hire all of you to head out into the woods, go to the little trading post and find out what happened to my things. Simple work, decent pay, and I know you're all hurting a bit for each. If you do this well, I might have more work for you again in the future."

As he finishes, he sighs again, then chuckles, his good spirits returning. "Now, help yourself to the food. The roast beef, vegetable quiche and fruit medley will be out shortly. Merel," he says as he waves the half-elf girl over, "please check on them, and if they are finished, bring them out immediately. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you have about this job."

G

Guest 11456

The young woman nods her head as she listens to their host. "Go and check out what happened? Sounds simple enough. I cannot think of anything to ask. I should be ready to go once I finish eating." She finishes with a smile then starts helping herself to some of the stew.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Tom has been silent and kept occupied by his food. He eats it slowly trying to remeber his time in the military and something that resembled the situation that he would be going into. "Sorry about that, got a little carried away in my own head." Tom says as he shakes himself out of the state he is in "i have a few questions, number 1: were there any guards with the caravan, if there were then how many? number 2: how far away from the trading post or other town or village were they? number 3: any rendevous that we are expected to meet?" After Tom finishes he takes out a copper peice and begins flipping it absent mindedly while looking at Ferrinzo.

Theroc

First Post
Shavallah focused her ears on the words of the others while her mouth and hands focused on the food in front of her, primarily the meat, once it arrived. She ate without rush and without delay, avoiding wasting any amount of food. After all, waste not, want not.

After she'd had her fill of the man's very good food, Shavallah attempted to ask a simple question.

"What do caravan-people look like?" She managed, wanting to know who they were, so she wouldn't stab the wrong people, should it appear there were conflict.

jager0727

First Post
Twi' Tar continues eating hurriedly while following the exchange, thinking to himself that Tom was asking very intelligent questions.

Briefly pausing between bites, "Why not simply send a servant or errand runner, it seems a rather routine trip to check your wagon to be risking so much expense for what could be nothing more than a broken wheel delaying them for a day. Not to be rude Ferrinzo, I really like the way your name sounds by the way" he sounds it out with a rapidly rolling rr sound, "but is there anything else we should know, a greater risk of bandits in the area for instance?"

Last edited:

Remove ads