Droid101's Story Hour, "Of Gods and Devils" Updated 10/12!

Droid101

First Post
Sandtiger said:
Can't . Your story hour is way too good.

Geez, I don't understand why everyone isn't raving about this story hour. Everytime you write (which isn't enough! -- hint, hint),
you surprise/stun me with the happenings.

I would give way too much to be part of this game.

Don't quit writing, PLEASE!

Sandtiger
I don't know, everybody is racist against Droids, maybe? Another update for my loyal followers! :D

-------------------------------------

Bink calls upon the power of his newly acquired Book of Infinite Spells and casts a blade barrier at Delroc. Various blades spin into existence and fly toward the monster at high velocities. The blades cut into it, spilling all sorts of brackish fluids as it calls out in pain.

Eltharion, Grog, Ogrim and Bloodthorne rush in, slashing with their weapons. The thing’s thick skin buffets their blades away.

The Baronian guards, after overhearing the conversation, turn and run away, back toward the city.

Viknen envokes a haste spell on Eltharion.

Then, things get strange.

Ogrim and Bloodthorne freeze in place. As if time wasn’t passing for them at all. Eltharion flashes a confused look, but doesn’t relent, slashing into Delroc some more, each time scoring minimal cuts.

Bink fires off a lightning bolt, but the bolt fizzles as it collides with Delroc.

“I’ve been waiting to do this for an eternity!” Delroc slashes out with its suddently vicious claws, tearing into Eltharion’s flesh. “That felt sooo good!”

Bink then froze, but then Ogrim was able to move. Ogrim slammed into Delroc with his warhammer; his Orc-Killer axe recently traded in Union.

Grog hacked at Delroc, also drawing minimal wounds.

All of a sudden, Grog, Bink, and Ogrim were frozen. Bloodthorne spins and slashes to no avail. Viknen’s eyes gloss over to sapphire blue, invoking a gaze attack, but it also had no effect.

Delroc floats back, pointing at Grog and unleashing a flux of space-time. It wracks Grog’s unmoving body.

“Too easy,” Delroc chortles.

This is the last help I can give… Blaze’s voice mysteriously sounding in the Heroes’ heads again. TEMPUS!!!!

Everyone felt stronger all of a sudden. Their weapons seem feather-light.

Grog swings with all his might, cutting a deep and terrible wound into Delroc’s flank.

Eltharion could move all of a sudden, and cut into Delroc as well.

A silver streak, and an arrow slams into Ogrim’s arm. The pain is terrible, but he grits his teeth, looking to the source. A fifteen foot tall, silver-skinned man with pristine wings stands, firing a glorious bow. A trumpet sounds from behind him, and a familiar trumpet archon and hound archon step up to either side of the angel. The Celestial Avengers.

“I knew we should have killed him…” Eltharion grumbles.

The hound angel and trumpeter angel both charge in, greatswords at the ready.

“Once again we find you consorting with a demon!” the hound shouts.

“We’re FIGHTING with it!” Eltharion calls out in frustration.

“Kill them all!” the silvery solar’s voice booms out over the battlefield. It’s starting to rain.

“Friends?” Delroc asks, not really caring. He turns to the onrushing angels. Both of whom freeze in place when they get too close to him. He touches the trumpeter, invoking some kind of temporal power.

Bink and Grog are able to move, and everyone else is frozen at that instant. Bink casts yet another blade barrier which cuts deeply into Delroc before he moves out of the way. Grog slashes a few more times, each strike as though Blaze’s enhanced musculature was behind it.

Five arrows come streaking in, four of them striking home, but Ogrim’s unmoving form doesn’t flinch.

Bloodthorne is able to move, finally, and tumbles away from Delroc, sprinting toward the solar angel. Eltharion does the same.

Viknen heals Ogrim, and then backs away from the battle.

Delroc touches the hound now, invoking that same temporal energy. He then turns his attention to Grog.

Grog then freezes in place, but Ogrim is able to move. He takes the opportunity to crack his hammer into Delroc with his newly acquired strength. Delroc almost looks desperate.

The solar unleashes his huge greatsword, which begins to float and attack Bloodthorne on its own. He turns his bow down at Eltharion and fires five arrows at point blank range. Three of them strike hard, but Eltharion stays standing. He and Bloothorne flank the solar, and then they both let loose.

Each of them sends out a flurry of blades. Eltharion’s Sun-sickle and Moon-scimitar spin with unerring accuracy. Bloodthorne’s twin longswords find all the most vulnerable spots. After a flash and over ten thrusts, slashes, cuts, and jabs, the solar is severely staggered.

Grog freezes, and Delroc touches him, trying to invoke some temporal energies. However, Grog is able to resist despite his unmoving state.

Ogrim takes that opening to slam his hammer into Delroc a few more times.

Bink unleashes yet another blade barrier. The blades slash and cut into Delroc, who looks pretty thoroughly frustrated.

“Enough of that!” Delroc yells, pointing and sending a flux of space-time at Bink, who reels from the mental and physical anguish.

The solar waves a hand and heals himself completely. His greatsword hacks into Bloodthorne several more time, but that doesn’t slow him or Eltharion down. They go into their attack routines once again, and once again deal incredible damage to the hardy solar. One last slash from Eltharion to the solar brings it down to one knee, and one last stab from Bloodthorne to the solar’s spinal cord ends the fight.

“The Celestial Avengers will never fall!” were the last words he spoke.

Miraculously, Ogrim, Grog and Bink are all able to move at the same time, and they make sure to make good use of that time. Ogrim slams Delroc a few more times, another of Bink’s blade barriers has Delroc’s floating quaver slightly.

A final flurry from Grog, and all the rage he has built up over the past month, and Delroc hits the ground. A gurgle and a flash of space-time sends the Heroes reeling, but the beast is dead. The hound and trumpeter angels, both puff into dust, their essence already absorbed by the now-dead Delroc.

The party gets together, Viknen and Bink heal everyones wounds as best they can. The Baronian guards are nowhere to be seen.

“How many enemies did you guys make while I was gone?” Bink asks incredulously.

How did Blaze talk to them from beyond the grave? Or how did he imbue them with such power? Can they help the dwarves reclaim their ancient homes? Find out more, next time!

Droid101

First Post
Bink, Viknen, Bloodthorne, Ogrim, Eltharion and Grog make their way north. They needed to catch up to the dwarves if they wanted to help them re-take their underground strongholds from the dark elves.

“We knew it wasn’t you, Grog. We knew you couldn’t have done it…” Eltharion says, trying to comfort their obviously troubled friend.

“I’m fine now… don’t worry. We got him, and I’m fine,” Grog says, with his high-pitched goblin voice.

“Anyone else figure out how Blaze talked to us?” Bink asks.

“Anyone else feel strange?” Eltharion asks, suddenly overcome with an odd, gut-wrenching feeling.

“Actually, yes…” Bink replies, getting a similar feeling. They stop to look around.

“Wait! Look, we can fight now, and maybe we’d win, maybe you’d win, but for sure, both sides would be severely weakened and probably unable to escape the battle up above,” Dendybar reasons calmly. A flicker and two forms can be seen floating above everyone. One is the dark elf with spiked out hair that they’ve faced so many times before. The other is a dark cloaked creature with tentacles writhing from beneath its hood. Ely Cromlich, with his golden arm and leg, stands next to Dendybar.

“What the hell?” Eltharion draws his weapons instantly.

“Somethin’ seems familiar…” Ogrim thinks a moment.

“Familiar? Are you crazy? Look, if we work together we can get out of here, okay?” Dendybar reiterates. The rolling grassy hills around them fade and turn into the inside of a deep Oubliette. And then changes back again. Dendybar and the others vanish. The Heroes are alone again.

“What’s going on?” Eltharion asks, still on edge. The queasy feeling comes back.

The kukri-wielding skaven smiles a toothy smile to Bloodthorne as he throws an eight-hit combination at him. Bloodthorne can’t dodge enough of the lightning-fast blade attacks, and collapses into a flesh-torn mass.

Ogrim shield-bashes the skaven, who flies backward from the powerful hit. It flips to its feet and snarls evilly, and then vanishes. Bloodthorne remains on the ground.

“Okay, this is not good, we need to hide somewhere!” Eltharion exclaims.

“It won’t do any good, the terrain is changing…” Bink says, as once again the grassy fields fade away and a darkened cave forms around them. The Great Horned Rat, the fallen skaven God swings his glaive menacingly before dissipating.

“Hold on…” Ogrim says, still thinking.

Ogrim grits his teeth and slams into the first creature with a hard-pressed axe combination, splintering chitin with each blow. Grog takes the opportunity to finish that one; distracted by the dwarf’s axe, Grog spins his katana over his head, his eyes filling with blood and his muscles expanding, he chops down, cracking through exoskeleton and brain matter. The insect collapses. Bink shoots off a set of magic missiles at the insect fighting Eltharion. It is weakened considerably from the bolt and missiles, but stays standing.

It takes one final punch to send Eltharion to the ground; a hit to the head spills blood over his face, and he collapses in a heap. It takes a few quick steps to engage Bink.

“Where are these things coming from!?” Bink unleashes another blast of arcane energies that fries and destroys the umber hulk completely. Eltharion still lays unconscious.

“All this stuff happened in the past…” Ogrim says hesitantly.

“Wait a minute… we just fought the self proclaimed ‘Master of Time.’ Do you think…?” Bink doesn’t want to even think about it.

“Dis be some bad magics, mon,” the old gnoll, Viknen, mumbles.

Bink quickly casts a sending spell to Adlai.

Adlai, things from the past attacking us, any ideas?

And after a moment, a response.

Prophecy speaks of time-flux. This will continue to happen until you “make ultimate sacrifice.” Need to head to time cavern.

Bink wasn’t with the rest of the group when they were transported back in time, previously.

“Is there any way to teleport us there?” Ogrim asks, knowing the answer is probably no.

“I’ve never been there…” Bink says.

“Me neither, now den,” Viknen replies.

“I have…” The Necromancer materializes next to the group.

“Necro!” Ogrim shouts. “Good timing, friend.”

“Let’s get to that cave, and take care of business…” The Necromancer teleports himself, Viknen, Ogrim, Bink and Grog to the time cavern.

The outside of the cavern is a shifting mass of temporal flux energy. The statues of The Necromancer, Damaré, Ogrim and Eltharion out front have been demolished. Ogrim and The Necromancer get that queasy feeling.

“Someone destroyed the statues of us! They never made it to the future, and therefore we never teleported back to this time!” The Necromancer reasons.

“We have to do something, and fast!” Bink says, looking around and thinking. “Adlai said something about the ultimate sacrifice.”

Grog didn’t hesitate. He took up his intelligent katana, concentrating.

Brave one, you know what to do. His blade speaks to him. He sprints forward and jumps into the swirling temporal energy.

“Grog, no!” Bink yells. Their vision goes white. They can see nothing. They can feel nothing.

They are in a building.

The Necromancer, Viknen, Bink and Ogrim are laying on the ground.

“Are, are you all right?” a man asks. He shakes Ogrim.

“Wha, what’re ye about?” Ogrim stands, as does everyone else.

“Are you all right, sir? I sent a summons for you a while ago,” the man says. Ogrim recognizes him.

“Mannquelin?” Ogrim states.

“Right, anyway. I have summoned you here to ask you a favor. As you know, White has been sick for over a week now. None of the pharmacists who have looked at him know what it is. I had a shaman come from the Isle of the Barbarians off the east coast, and he gave me the recipe for the cure. Moonleaf and Thrulk tusk are the ones we don’t have. Ulgrim, Trisha and Krin are going to find the Thrulk in the northern swamplands. However, they need you to retrieve the Moonleaf from the great Tormyr Forest, the only place it is known to grow. We need it in 3 weeks… we’re counting on you.” Mannquelin seems out of breath, but his stature holds firm.

Bink and The Necromancer are confused by the statement. Viknen tilts his head.

Ogrim’s eyes go wide in terror.

Last edited:

Droid101

First Post
APRIL FOOL'S POST! THE PREVIOUS POST DID NOT ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!

April Fools!

So I'm building to a climactic battle against the dark elves on two fronts simultaneously (dwarven stronghold and Baronian Kingdoms) and you think I'm gonna side track this much? And The Necromancer showing up randomly?

Yeah, like I'm going to do that.

So disregard that last post, it was a joke, fabricated, made up, false, whatever. Not real.

See you soon for the next update: The Heroes form a plan of attack, and the introduction of Jelodia Greenleaf. Be prepared!

Last edited:

Droid101

First Post
Bink, Viknen, Bloodthorne, Ogrim, Eltharion and Grog make their way north. They needed to catch up to the dwarves if they wanted to help them re-take their underground strongholds from the dark elves.

“We knew it wasn’t you, Grog. We knew you couldn’t have done it…” Eltharion says, trying to comfort their obviously troubled friend.

“I’m fine now… don’t worry. We got him, and I’m fine,” Grog says, with his high-pitched goblin voice.

“Anyone else figure out how Blaze talked to us?” Bink asks.

“I don’t care. He helped us, and that’s all that matters,” Eltharion replies.

“True,” Ogrim says. “What happened to the guards?”

“Ran off. Good riddance, I say,” Bloodthorne says.

Bink casts a teleport to get them to the Adventurer’s Guildhall. They materialize out in front of the large keep. They head in. Behind the desk is sitting the brightly colored fop, Basil Evans. He stands as they approach.

“Ah, adventurers! Just so you know, we’re pretty empty. With the impending war, and the dark elves’ army marching on us and Baron, nobody is stopping in anymore,” Basil explains.

“That’s what we thought. Is there anyone here? We need a drink…” Eltharion says.

“Drinks!” Grog exclaims, not having had any in months.

“Certainly, myself and Wren Black are the only ones here,” Basil leads them to the gathering hall and bar. A man wearing all black is drinking alone. He stands when the Heroes approach.

“Well met, I think we’ve met before…” Wren says.

“Possibly, we’ve passed through here before,” Bink says.

Basil breaks out the drinks, and everyone partakes.

“To Blaze,” Eltharion toasts. Everyone drinks heartily.

“Did a large group of dwarves pass by here?” Ogrim asks.

“Actually, yesterday an army of dwarves marched past us, north toward the mountains. They were moving extremely quickly. Magic, I assume,” Basil says.

“We’ve no time to lose!” Ogrim says, hopping up.

“We can teleport there, worry not,” Bink says. Ogrim sits back down, taking another swig of stout lager.

“Can you send a message to the dwarven king or one of his advisors, asking where they’re at?” Eltharion asks.

“Sure,” Bink says, casting a sending spell.

Ogrim, Eltharion, Bloodthorne, Bink, Grog, and Viknen want to help retake the strongholds. Please respond.

A few moments later, a response comes to Bink’s mind.

Staging the attackin two days, in the evening. Join us at the south entrance of the mountain range.

“Looks like we have two days to rest here,” Bink says.

The Heroes rest and relax for the rest of that day. The next morning, they eat and talk more with Basil and Wren.

“So, what are your plans? Going to stay here and watch the dark elves destroy the Guildhall?” Grog asks them.

“I was thinking about it. But I guess we’ll have to abandon it soon. Not like we can defend against an army…” Basil says.

“Speak for yourself,” Wren chuckles.

“You are welcome to go to Sigil. We have a large mansion there in the busy part of town, we’re going to be turning it into a tavern and possibly a new guild. We could make it an offshoot of the Adventurer’s Guildhall…” Eltharion muses.

“We’ll definitely give it a thought,” Basil says, nudging Wren with an elbow.

“Oh, forgot to tell you, there was a strange tree outside the Guildhall for the past few days. There haven’t been any trees near here in ages, and all of a sudden, there it was,” Wren says.

“I don’t remember seeing one…” Eltharion looks quizzical. He walks out front to look, but sees nothing.

“Hm, gone as abruptly as it appeared. Strange,” Basil says.

That afternoon, they once again gather for dinner in the meeting hall. The large skull of a dragon hangs over them ominously.

“You could always come with us to help with the dwarves,” Bink says.

“I don’t know…” Wren is hesitant.

Just then, the front doors are heard loudly creaking open. Everyone stands to see who’s coming in.

Adlai and Damaré walk in. They approach. Adlai looks down, trying to avoid eye contact. Damaré walks right up, shaking Eltharion’s hand.

“Guys, you think I would have let you all leave without me? Why didn’t you come find me when you were summoned to the castle? I wouldn’t have stood there idly while you got banished,” Damaré says.

“Sorry! There’s so many of us that sometimes it’s hard to keep track,” Eltharion replies.

“Wat about de other one?” Viknen motions to Adlai.

Everybody waits for Adlai to speak. He looks up, but doesn’t. They wait a minute longer.

“I’m really sorry… I really had no choice…” Adlai says slowly.

“Adlai, we don’t care. You’re here now, and that’s all that matters,” Eltharion holds out his hand. Adlai shakes it hesitantly.

“What happened? Why did you come?” Bink asks.

“Well, when the guards got back they reported what Delroc said. Everything about the ancient prophecies being false. This fit right in with their scheme that the Prophet is the only one who knows the real truth, and the whole cult phenomenon. They banished me for supplying false information,” Adlai shakes his head slowly. “And for being half-elf.”

“You’re always welcome with us, friend,” Eltharion says.

“Isn’t Enzonito half-elf?” Ogrim asks.

“Yeah, but you think they’re going to banish one of their best warriors? Baron is putting all these strict laws into place that only matter if you’re NOT close with their government…” Adlai shakes his head once again.

“Geez, everything The Necromancer said was true. Baron is going too far…” Eltharion says, remembering their conversation with him, just before faking his death.

“Somebody say my name?” The Necromancer’s voice can be heard next to the bar. They see him sitting there, sipping Ogrim’s beer. “A bit strong.”

“Nekky!” Eltharion calls out. “What in Grumbar’s gravel are you doing here?”

“Oh, you know me, I can’t stay out of a fight. If you guys were determined to fight with Baron until the end, I had to join in. Came here, and was going to launch my own personal offensive on their ranks from the north while they pounded you to the south,” The Necromancer grins wickedly. “The real question is, what are YOU doing here? Shouldn’t you be in Baron?”

“They banished us,” Ogrim states.

“I hate to say I told you so…”

“Then don’t!” everyone says in unison.

“So what’s the plan? Gonna let Baron fall? I figure we can still help them out in the battle, even if they don’t want us there,” The Necromancer says.

“We’re planning on going to help the dwarves retake their stronghold,” Ogrim says.

“Or we can do that, fine by me, they saved our lives once,” The Necromancer says.

“We’re leaving tomorrow, so rest up,” Ogrim says, grabbing his lager back and finishing it.

The next day, they gather for lunch at midday.

“Everybody ready?” Ogrim asks as they eat.

“I’m ready to slaughter some dark elves…” Eltharion narrows his eyes.

They finish their meal, and have another round of drinks. Once again, the door creaks open loudly. Once again everybody stands to see who enters.

A beautiful, lithe, dark haired elf enters. Her skin is olive, her features delicate. She carries a gnarled staff and wears light flowing green robes of pure silk.

“We welcome you to the Adventurer’s Guildhall, fair maiden, and we are at your service,” Basil says, his foppish hat jingling.

“My name is Jelodia Greenleaf. I’m looking for Ogrim, Grog, Bink, and Eltharion. I need your help,” the elf speaks softly. “I’m going to stop the dark elves, once and for all. Will you help?”

Who is this girl? What does she have in store? How can she stop the dark elves? Too good to be true? Find out next time!

sandtiger

First Post
Okay, okay, I'll say it yet again. Dang I love this story hour.

It was nice to see them have some down time. Also, l laughed out loud at this point (thanks, people at work are worried):

----------------
“Oh, you know me, I can’t stay out of a fight. If you guys were determined to fight with Baron until the end, I had to join in. Came here, and was going to launch my own personal offensive on their ranks from the north while they pounded you to the south,” The Necromancer grins wickedly. “The real question is, what are YOU doing here? Shouldn’t you be in Baron?”

“They banished us,” Ogrim states.

“I hate to say I told you so…”

“Then don’t!” everyone says in unison.
---------------

Is the tree related to Jelodia?

Hmmm, another random thought. Did you give away your contest here? If so, I claim it.

----------------
My name is Jelodia Greenleaf. I’m looking for Ogrim, Grog, Bink, and Eltharion. I need your help,” the elf speaks softly. “I’m going to stop the dark elves, once and for all. Will you help?”
----------------

By the way, you caught me on the April Fool's post. I went back and re-read everything. Then re-read it again, then ....

Thanks again for writing.

Sandtiger

Droid101

First Post
Thanks for reading.
sandtiger said:
Is the tree related to Jelodia?
Yep.
sandtiger said:
Hmmm, another random thought. Did you give away your contest here? If so, I claim it.

----------------
My name is Jelodia Greenleaf. I’m looking for Ogrim, Grog, Bink, and Eltharion. I need your help,” the elf speaks softly. “I’m going to stop the dark elves, once and for all. Will you help?”
----------------
Nope. She only knows the most famous members of the group, which are the ones who have been together the longest. Which aren't necessarily all of the PCs. Nice try, though. ;)

Remove ads