• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - IC

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oops should've posted earlier, was going to RP it out. I would've taken ten on the Gather Info check as well with my social intuition ability. That raise the check by 4 if it would help any. Sorry bout the confusion.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
[sblock=ooc]Oops should've posted earlier, was going to RP it out. I would've taken ten on the Gather Info check as well with my social intuition ability. That raise the check by 4 if it would help any. Sorry bout the confusion.[/sblock]

[sblock=EvolutionKB]
Really wouldn't have helped any; everything you could learn in town was learnable at DC 15. And, really, the module setup was a little bit different from the one I'm using, and had the PCs bypassing the town entirely...
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Doc thanks the adventurer, and makes his way to the front of the town's small tavern, waiting for Grant. When they are all gathered, he shares what he found out. "If one person saw it, others might of as well. So expect some other 'interested' parties than the ones we are expecting."

If no one has any other preparations to make, he prepares to join Horrace with the horses.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

If the serving girl is at all pretty, Grant gives her a wink, and says, "Thanks for the tip, I'll see you when I get back in town."

At the rumor from the frontiersman Grant shakes his hand and says, "Thank you, be careful out there, you never know where evil things may lurk."

Once back with his comrades, Grant also fills them in with what he saw. "Obviously we are in the right area. The device was seen here, and dark things are stirring. They might not be connected, but they could threaten this place, and frankly, I don't appreciate what they might do here. Especially to the pretty ladies." He gives Doc a little nudge with his elbow and a wink to illustrate what he might have seen inside.

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
If the serving girl is at all pretty, Grant gives her a wink, and says, "Thanks for the tip, I'll see you when I get back in town."

The girl -- who's attractive in a 'girl next door' kind of way, especially with the half-pointed ears that deliniate Khorvar blood, but can't be much past twenty (if she were human, you'd guess she was sixteen or seventeen) -- blushes, nods, and gets back to work.

EvolutionKB said:
At the rumor from the frontiersman Grant shakes his hand and says, "Thank you, be careful out there, you never know where evil things may lurk."

"You're right welcome, and don't you young fellows be worrying about me." He replies.

nonamazing

Explorer
Adele nods slowly as she listens to Grant and Doc's report. "This hole in the hull...hmm." Adele quickly looks over at Doc. "Mister Lyrander, I have a question for you. I am not sure how high an altitude a device such as this would ordinarily occupy, but I assume that for any hole in the hull to be visible from the ground, by the unaided eye, it would have to be a fairly large hole, am I correct?"

"If the explosion came from inside the ship, then we could expect numerous pieces of the hull to have rained down across the village. I have no doubt something like that would have been made mention of by the townsfolk, so this information appears to confirm our suspicions of an external attack. In point of fact, it sounds very much like cannonshot, to me." She smiles as she rests her hand on the ivory-handled pistol at her hip. "You will have to trust me--I am very familiar with the basics of elementary ballistics."

Adele looks off to the horizon, her eyes wary. "I think we can all agree that time is of the essence, and we should be on our guard. Horace, are you prepared to lead us into the plains?"

"On our way out of town, we should all stop by the provisioner's shop and acquire some extra food and water. If there are survivors--and we should hope that there are--they will have been without supplies for several days. I pray that they at least managed to find some source of water."

Adele shoulders her pack and looks defiantly back at the group. "All ready then? Good. I suggest we move out as soon as Horace is ready. Oh, and Mister Grant? May I have a word with you?"

[SBLOCK=To Grant]"I know this may sound paranoid, Mister Grant, but we cannot rule out the possibility that someone in this village may be allied with our as-yet unknown assailants. Since Horace will be concentrating on the trail ahead of us, I would like to ask you to watch our rear. Your eyes are at least as sharp as his, and I have no wish to be caught off guard by an attack from behind."[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Doctor d'Lyrandar, or just Doc if you please," the Khovar corrected. It sounded like an automatic action, like breathing, done without thought. As they walked to the horses, the rest of his reply was less perfunctory. "Doubt any debris fell down here---it is possible fire or smoke from a distance would indicate a hole, even from some distance, just like wildfires are visible from afar. But, caution is warranted in any case."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

"Doc is right, I think if debris fell from the sky, somebody would have said something. The hole still could be from a cannon I suppose though."

When Grant is pulled aside by Adele and the favor is asked he replies, "Yes no problem, there are probably things that would like to sneak up on us. Just know it would be better if we meet anything, that I move near the front, whether that thing be some necromancer or just a traveler. As far as allies here in the village, I have a contact here, I may be able to get some more information out of her on our return. Come let us get us some food and water then." Once they arrive, and Grant reaches into his money pouch to find it devoid of much coin. He says to Horace, "You are skilled at finding food in wild correct? Well, to tell you the truth I am not a big fan of rations at all. While you search for food in the wild, could you bring me back some as well?"

drothgery

First Post
Riding to the east, Horace quickly realizes that he's coming to the end of his maps' usefulness. Clearly Aerdane's devise crashed somewhere around here...

boxed text said:
The mountain rising above Dig's End splits here, forming a narrow cleft that extends into the foothills. A triangular cave entrance pierces the rock wall at the rear of the hollow. Small, thorny bushes dot the shale-covered ground within the cleft, and many have found purchase in the rocky ledges overlooking the area. The distant roar of a massive waterfall is barely audible.

Remove ads