• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - IC

nonamazing

Explorer
drothgery said:
"The Melindri Vanatar, her crew is readying the ship as we speak. And if you lack your own mounts, horses will be provided for the rest of your journey."Father Mikel said.

"Then I believe I am prepared to leave right away, sir."

Adele looks across the room. "We cannot say exactly what we will be facing, so each of you should prepare for the worst." She pauses for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "Although there is the possibility that we may encounter undead, so getting yourselves a supply of holy water is advisable, as would be securing some silver and beshyk weapons, if you can."

She then blushes slightly and looks down. "I am sorry. I do not intend to assume a position of leadership." She tries to smile, sheepishly. "It is, perhaps, a poor habit of mine. Please take my statements as helpful suggestions, as they were intended, rather than rude commands, as they might have inadvertantly sounded."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The half-elf chuckles a bit to himself at the hunter's suggestion. "My research leaves me little time for martial pursuits, my good lady. I will leave that in you and your companions capable hands. I've studies a few things with which to defend myself, however, and am not entirely unprepared." The last is said with a pat to his breastcoat.

"It will take a me little time to gather my materials. Name a time and place, and I shall be there."

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
"It will take a me little time to gather my materials. Name a time and place, and I shall be there."

"The Lyrander steamship docks. They should be ready to leave in two hours, and will depart in four with whoever is there by then." Father Mikel says.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

"Very well, I shall gather the remainder of my things at meet everyone at the ship." During the next two hours, Grant dons his various disguised forms, and says his goodbyes to his various smitten lady friends, weaving tales to disguise his true reasons for leaving.

Einan

First Post
"I've got no one I want to say good-bye to. I'll jes' head down to the docks and wait there." Horace nods at each person, retrieves his rifle and heads out.

nonamazing

Explorer
Einan said:
"I've got no one I want to say good-bye to. I'll jes' head down to the docks and wait there." Horace nods at each person, retrieves his rifle and heads out.

"Just a moment, Mr. Horace. I am also prepared to leave, so we may as well head to the docks together." As they leave, Adele tries to start up a coversation with Horace about recent devlopments in the firearm industry, specifically about whether or not the innovations of some of the western gunmakers can compare to the classically built models of Thranish gunsmiths.

Solarious

Explorer
Quaen also rises, leveling a steady gaze at Adele as she does so. "Just as well. My shop needs a final few arrangements for an extended leave, and I need to change into something practical." Leaving the building, she returns to the streets of Flamekeep, turning the corners and moving from the affluent quarter where the Inquisition's headquarters were located to a more mercantile district. Suddenly ducking into a side alley, Quaen finds herself facing the familiar sight of her shop and residence.

Sinesam's Sigil Shoppe

Passing through the door underneath the sign, Quaen passes the main display area and heads directly into her own living quarters upstairs. Opening the door into her bedroom, she quickly changes and picks up her pack, already filled with the equipment she thought would prove useful on her journey. Truthfully, Quaen had already made all the neccessary arrangements needed to ensure taxmen would not seek her out, nor confused customers come looking for this strange component or that rare book. All the proper forms, letters, and notices had been sent out.

12 years.

It was how long she had been waiting in Flamekeep. That was what Quaen was told to do when she was sent forth from Aerenal, back to Khorvaire in order to fulfill her potential, or at least to further the goals of the Undying Court. She had no idea, at first, how long she was supposed to wait. Within a week, she started trying to find something useful to do to past the time, and haunted the local libraries. Within a month, she was doing research for hire. And in three, she had purchased the Shoppe and begun the process of building up a reputation as a reliable source of nearly anything related to the occult, within reason. Quaen used the connections that her family name afforded her, and furthermore established herself as an importer of Aereni artifacts and materials, although the bulk of her material was still standard arcane goods.

On occasion, Quaen fancied the thought that she had been forgotten, but that was quickly quashed when she found books being delivered to her residence, with no return address, all pertaining to her further training, despite the fact she had yet to make contact with her ancestors. It was a nearly a one-way relationship, Quaen staying put, and the Court sending her more material to study with no further instructions. Then came the Church messenger, comming into her shop like and offended cat. She read the poffered letter, and quickly realized that this was the moment her ancestors had described to her, "... you will know the auspitious moment in which to act".

Did they intend for her to stay in Flamekeep and establish her reputation, so that she would be contacted for this mission? Or the Court contact Father Mikel? Was she suggested, or did he come up with the right expert on his own? Those and more questions whirled in Quaen's mind in idle moments, and she was not any closer to an answer than she was when she first recieved the letter.

Leaving doubts and questions behind her, Quaen locks up the door to her shop one final time, and heads in the direction of the docks.

Einan

First Post
nonamazing said:
"Just a moment, Mr. Horace. I am also prepared to leave, so we may as well head to the docks together." As they leave, Adele tries to start up a coversation with Horace about recent devlopments in the firearm industry, specifically about whether or not the innovations of some of the western gunmakers can compare to the classically built models of Thranish gunsmiths.

"Uh-huh. No. Reckon not." are about all the conversation Horace engages in. He seems to listen, but he seems not to take any sort of conversational interest in the subject other than nodding or shaking his head. It's not that he seems stupid; rather he seems uncomfortable with the act of conversation itself.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: My tabletop DM was sick, so I'm posting tonight...

Five horses are being led aboard the Maria Vanatar as the last of you approaches the docks. A runner hands Horace a scroll case as he boards.

Horace:
[sblock]This contains the maps you asked for. It seems that the region where Aerdene's device was shot down is very nearly what was once called the Mournland.[/sblock]

Though the ship is clearly not the newest in Lyrander's fleet, a river steamboat with its great paddle-wheel is certainly the fastest way to travel over water, save for some magics so rare they might as well be entirely lost. A few words with the captain, a middle-aged Khorvar woman, lets you know it should take you nearly two days to reach your destination, a good four hundred miles travel, mostly to the east.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Doc comes prepared to travel, with a fine traveling coat over his frock and well made day suit. He carries his doctor's satchel and a fine ironwood walking stick. Attaches somewhat cleverly to his satchel appears to be a case for easy access to rolled up paper---perhaps newpaper folios---and those with a keen eye can detect the obvious placement of a revolver holster on his left-hip under his frock.

As the others are preparing to leave, Doc makes his way around the ship, inspecting it, talking with the crew and sussing up the engineer and captain. He speak of the route and get a general feel for the place, before settling down on deck with the latest volume of the Morgrave Journal on Arcane Philosophy and a cigar.

Remove ads