drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - IC

EvolutionKB

First Post
"I believe I can at least partially answer your question, Mister Grant. It would seem that Father Mikel intends this operation to have a low profile--if it were to become widely know that Cardinal Sarhain were missing, there could be trouble. Father Mikel has been known to deal with independant contractors from time to time, so no suspicions would be aroused by his hiring us. Whereas if he acquired offical Church assistance--a regiment of the Silver Guard, perhaps--word of this incident might spread."

Grant nodded at the words of Adele. Now he realized why he had been chosen for this assignment. Father Mikel needed the Church's eyes and ears there directly, that was his true purpose. He felt the Silver Flame Holy Symbol we wore hidden beneath his clothes warm his flesh. Grant looks to Father Mikel once more. "Any news of survivors?"

drothgery

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
Grant looks to Father Mikel once more. "Any news of survivors?"

"The Cardinal, she magically sent word that Aerdene's device was going down. We have no word from her -- or anyone else -- since then." He said.

Solarious

Explorer
[sblock=OoC]Thank you all for your patience. Life has been miserable, but the forecast calls for less cloudy days and more sunshine, metaphorically speaking. I promise to be more prompt in the future.[/sblock]
Quaen sat formally in a chair, silently appraising her new companions. An elf with the nearly-heriditary fascination with the lost arcane powers of old, she was a seeker of occult knowledge, who delved into secrets sometimes best left forgotten. A shopkeeper by occupation for the last 12 years, Quaen was in actuality a necromancer by profession. Despite her sinister talents, she dresses in a manner quite unlike what the popular imagination would evoke, with a teal green outfit with skirts and underskirts, a merchant's best formal dress. Her face is flush with color, graced with two grey sharp eyes, and hair bleached blonde so many times it had taken on the appearance of straw, except without the messy stack effect. Pointed ears and delicate features more pronounced than any Khoravar possessed announced her ancient origins in Xen'drik.

Waiting for the others to finish introducing themselves, Quaen takes a moment before speaking, choosing her words carefully. "My name is Quaen. I run a shop that caters to those who have an interest in the arcane," she introduces herself. "I am a competent researcher and... specialize in the field of the occult." Quaen licks her lips and glances briefly at Adele. That woman reminded her of herself in enough ways to make her uneasy. She might have seen her before in her shop, but unlikely at any frequent intervals, as she doesn't clearly remember anyone like her. The scent of Doc's cigars though... it was vaugely familiar, a smell that had haunted her shop for a number of weeks in the past.

Remaining silent through the discussion, Quaen's interest is piqued once the Cardinal's message was brought up. "Magically? Is she capable of casting a spell on her own? Or is it some relic that faciliated her words?"

drothgery

First Post
Solarious said:
Remaining silent through the discussion, Quaen's interest is piqued once the Cardinal's message was brought up. "Magically? Is she capable of casting a spell on her own? Or is it some relic that faciliated her words?"

"She had a scroll -- I believe she had planned to announce the success of her project to the Council when she landed at Maradal. I could not tell you if she could have cast the spell she used unaided; the ir'Indari archivists, they are many, but I do not number among them." Father Mikel said.

"There is one final pice of information I can give you -- beyond the maps you requested -- before you send off. There are rumors -- not confirmed by any means -- that a necromancer is working out of the western edges of the Plains. Is he involved in this? I do not know, but it seems possible."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Khovar nodded his head at the details, absorbing them. "A scroll of such communication may be of usefulness to us---I am quite sure that the gnomes have not extended the telegraph that far yet. As for Aerdane's 'device,' is anything known about it? Plans or schematics maybe?" Doc did not hide his interest in seeing those plans.

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
The Khovar nodded his head at the details, absorbing them. "A scroll of such communication may be of usefulness to us---I am quite sure that the gnomes have not extended the telegraph that far yet. As for Aerdane's 'device,' is anything known about it? Plans or schematics maybe?" Doc did not hide his interest in seeing those plans.

"I am afraid you know more about such things than I; any schematics Aerdane had or helpers he left behind were at his workshop, and that is quite a ways from here -- and in the wrong direction." He said.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Grant

"A necromancer huh? They deal with undead right? It seems unlikely that a bunch of walking corpses could bring down a flying machine. Unless they could operate ballista or cannons that is..." Grant lets this trail off, as he sets his jaw. "We should determine if the necromancer is harming others, he could be done away with. Nobody would miss him."

"I assume if they had some sort of schematics aboard the machine, they would probably need some for repairs. It the flying machine isn't intact, hopefully the schematics will be."

Last edited:

Solarious

Explorer
"A necromancer? Hmn. Walking corpses, granted, would not be able to intercept a flying machine. But flying corpses... that's a different matter. As unlikely as it seems, zombies can fly," Quaen muses.

"The spectral dead... those that only exist partially in our world, they also fly, although most cannot stand the daylight. A necromancer disurbing the dead in the Plains is indeed worthy of investigation. If such a person exists, we should pay a visit."
[sblock=drothgery]Do you want to make the rolls for us, or should we make our own on an online roller and link the results? In either case, I'll edit out anything about that Quaen shouldn't know, depending on the results.[/sblock]

nonamazing

Explorer
Solarious said:
"A necromancer? Hmn. Walking corpses, granted, would not be able to intercept a flying machine. But flying corpses... that's a different matter. As unlikely as it seems, zombies can fly," Quaen muses.

Adele looks at Quaen with undisguised suspicion, but says nothing. Father Mikel must have his reasons for secureing the assistance of such an...unusual person. I should trust Mikel, but still--something about Quaen sets me on edge.

After the room has gone quiet for a moment, Adele speaks up. "Father, I assume that time is of the essence, correct? Have you arranged transport for us?"

drothgery

First Post
nonamazing said:
After the room has gone quiet for a moment, Adele speaks up. "Father, I assume that time is of the essence, correct? Have you arranged transport for us?"

"The Melindri Vanatar, her crew is readying the ship as we speak. And if you lack your own mounts, horses will be provided for the rest of your journey." OOC: Standard riding horses. Father Mikel said.

Remove ads