Drow Rogue Experimental Build: opinions anyone?

Harleau

First Post
Well, if I had to say what the class does in one sentence, it is this:

"Reapers are single-target strikers with powers that boost attack and defense by granting concealment and special weapon talents."

I'd hope that it's sufficient and not too broad in concept.

As for your orc and ogre classes... very brutal. It sounds like they mostly used for bashing into opponents and knocking them prone? Whether or not that was the case, it sounds like you owned with them! Haha.

Blackbrrd: That encounter power is definitely a power trip. I like it! I may work on the ranger class a bit and use it. I might even try to incorporate it into my Reaper class ^_^

Thank you both for the advice!

Harleau

First Post
Level 29 Daily Power for the Reaper Class

I've been working on the class as bit and I developed a level 29 daily power for the Reaping Avatar epic destiny. Took the cue from .hack G.U. lol. Anyway, tell me if there are any changes that I should make or if it's way too overpowered. I want to say, though, that the point of the reaper class is to manipulate life force, especially their own, by giving up healing surges and hp and such. Reapers have a maximum of 12 healing surges, without taking feats.

So, here it is.

Grim Reaper’s Avatar..................... Reaping Avatar Power 29
You take the form of an entity from the darkest of nightmares and show your enemies that true power runs deeper than neither eye nor magic can see.
Daily* Shadow, Transformation
Standard Action................... One or Two Creatures, Entire Encounter Area
Target: One creature and another creature that is within 5 squares of the original target. Within the encounter area, all creatures that cannot see the true form you take.
Requirement: You must pay half the number of healing surges you currently possess, or 3 healing surges, whichever is greater and 15% of your current hit points. You must not have used an action point during the round.
Movement: You can move your speed before the attack and deal sneak attack damage whether or not you had concealment or combat advantage.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Will or Reflex (whichever is lower), make a secondary attack as Dexterity vs. Will or Reflex (whichever is lower) to the other creature.
Hit: 10[W] + Dexterity modifier damage to primary and secondary targets. One target is knocked unconscious until an ally can revive them. The second target is knocked prone and cannot get up (save ends). If only one target is hit, choose the effect to place on it. You may use your sneak attack damage on both targets if this attack hits both of them.
Miss: Half damage.
Attack (Area): Equal to the highest roll against the primary or secondary target. Automatic hit within 5 squares.
Hit: 5[W] + Dexterity modifier damage within 5 squares. Otherwise, 3[W] + Intelligence modifier damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Special: All allies can see your true form and True Sight has no effect. The area attack occurs regardless of the hit on the primary and secondary targets. After you have resolved this attack, your turn ends. You cannot use any powers or spend action points until the end of your next turn. Item powers are excluded from this restriction. The use of your daily attack powers are suspended for the rest of the encounter.

Last edited:

DogBackward

First Post
I also agree that a 4e rogue is a better assassain than an 4e assassin. The assassin's damage isn't that great, and it takes too long to build up shrouds. Plus, they are exceptionally squishy.
For the record, the 4e Assassin fits the role just fine. Assassins have tons of stealth abilities to get to the target unnoticed, apply all four shrouds without being detected (thanks to a feat), then Coup de Grace the (sleeping, naturally) target and disappear into the night.

The 4e Assassin makes an amazing assassin. It just doesn't make a very good movie-style kung-fu assassin.

mneme

Explorer
Harleau: It seems way overpowered and overcomplicated, yes. You've got like 4 or five ideas for powers crammed into one there.

Harleau

First Post
Harleau: It seems way overpowered and overcomplicated, yes. You've got like 4 or five ideas for powers crammed into one there.

Thanks for the input on that one. I'll look into some changes. I want to note, though, that this epic destiny is designed so that scythes are the only weapons used. Whether or not changes things, I'm not sure. But I'll look into decreasing the power of the area attack (perhaps removing it all together).

Remove ads