DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As Rodrick gets set in a sephlechar or the ground or .. . where ever, John will cast light on his casket to symbolize his place in the world - a pure light in the darkness of the world.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Roderic is put into a mahogany casket and lowered the following morning, with several of the villagers singing a low funeral dirge of his might and accomplishments. John casts his spell as the casket hits the bottom of the dug hole, and the resulting light show creates oohs and aahs amongst the attendees. As earth is thrown upon the casket, Grok imagines his friends tortured soul, lost on some unknown plane far from this orderly realm. It's enough to give the priest a bad case of the shudders.

Once the solemn occasion is complete, the party is given a choice. Do they wish to talk to the local law enforcement about the killed knight of the Order of the Sable March or ask to be allowed to interrogate the Myashtalnder suspect?

OOC: Moving this forward as we wait any additional volunteers.

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 4

"Grok feel like him should say something now. Roderick, him was real good man and him real fine warrior, too. Him give his life fighting for him friends. Him life snuffed out too soon, just like light on coffin when it lowered into ground and dirt piled on. All we can do now is avenge him. Who want whup some a$$ with Grok??!!"

Grok passes his holy symbol over the grave and then brings it to his lips and kisses it before hanging it around his neck once more. Then he steps back from the grave and signals the workers to complete the burial. Bless his pea-pickin' heart, he can only be solemn for so long.

Grok's Sheet

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John's eyes narrow as he lifts them to meet Grok's eyes. "Ready and waiting, friend, just don't bring your whiskey. I will bring my wine, thank you. Let's go check on the murder, shall we? That sounds like a good start in finding and eliminating evil"

Amaury

First Post
Rose wore simple and neutral clothes at Roderic's funeral. Not her usual red or amaranth rose outfit. As the words were spoken, Rosalia dropped a white rose that fell in the grave before it was covered by dirt.

Thoughtful and sombre she lefts the graveyard to regroup with her companions. A murder story seemed to interest them. Not knowing what to do with herself right then, she decided to follow them.

As they are offered the option to talk to the local Watch, Rosalia said: "Hum, maybe I could investigate with local people whilst you do the Watch. They and I are not exactly.. well, you know.. Maybe it's better I talk to a few people.."

OOC: what does Rosalia know about Order of the Sable March or Myashtalnder people? Need to publish my 4th level version. On RG?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rosalia goes to the local drinking hole, the Sign of the Watchful Wyvern, and talks to the proprietor, Jiton, an older man who is reliable enough to be discrete with folks secrets, but watchful enough to know when to pick up a cudgel and threaten to bounce people out of the establishment before brawls have a chance to break out. He tells Rosalia, "It's a damn shame about that Silver March woman. Hard to know who did her in, with so many odd folks traveling the area ever since the weird happenings you had investigated. Seems like the whole countryside has gone nuts lately. Even with the increased travel, I can't find anyone who wants to rent her room. Not many people want to sleep in a place a murder happened, and I have had trouble getting the blood stains off the floor."

The others travel to the local law office, and are met by Dwurthim the Shire Reeve. "I heard you were looking into that bad business that happened recently at ol' Jiton's place. Well, we have the woman's companion locked up as a suspect, though I doubt we can hold him much longer due to the lack of evidence. In some ways he's safer in there anyway, with him being an Myashtalnder and all. Well, I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give."

Remove ads