• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

Scotley

Hero
Roque looks at the troll and pales. He turns to the prisoner and says softly. "Um, if you know anything I suggest you tell the Reeve. I don't know this new lot, but you can trust the Reeve. He's a good man and you'll get a fair trial. From what I hear that troll would as likely eat you as look at you."

OOC: A little good cop/bad cop?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I'm going to have to grab my DCC #35: Gazateer of the Known Realms before I can get into details about the Order of the Sable March and Myashtalnder people, but luckily I'm going to be back home by tomorrow afternoon. The Order of the Sable March works alongside the Imperial Guard to protect the land and its citizens. While the Imperial Guard can form to police an area or form a military defensive force, the Order of the Sable March act as intelligence agents when by themselves or as special operations teams when in small groups.

As for the Myashtalnder, it is rumored that their people are ruled by a priesthood that gives sacrificial rites to lords of death and deviltry. Although refugees attempting to escape that bleak land are not unusual, many twisted agents of these evil cults pretend to be refugees only to be revealed later as agents working towards diabolical ends in new lands.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
From where the blood stains have fallen, it is obvious to Rosalia that the woman had been killed while laying in bed. It appears as if the staff changed the linen, though you do see stains of blood on the underside of the mattress. It seems they flipped the mattress over once the blood dried in an attempt to make it looks unsoiled. Ol' Jiton always trying to save a buck. It is when Rosalia looks under the bed does she hit the jackpot. A small bag was tucked underneath and hidden inside the frame. Inside, Rosalia finds a Seal of office used by agents of the Order of the Sable March. Inside is also a pendant that causes Rosalia to pale; it has the symbol of Tsathzar Rho. There is also a map depicting a clearing Rosalia recognizes as being only a few hours away, and a half-completed note: "Sentri, you were right to send me this way to investigate the disturbing rumors. I thought they were the result of superstitious hill folk, but I have discovered a conspiracy of local cultists intent on reviving forces that should long have been left to rest, and will send you a pendant I took from the corpse of a cultist that refused to surrender. They are gathering to practice their sacred ritual soon, but I fear I would be outnumbered if I were to face them on my own. However, I have heard of a group of adventurers that have been sent to investigate some of these chaotic occurrences, and should they return I expect to measure their worth and their righteousness. If they seem dependable I will explain that they should trust no one as I do not know who the cult is connected. I will then explain why we must stop the ritual, and for their aid in raiding the ancient place of worship. I will continue this note with a report on whether or not I succeeded to meet with them before heading forth to do battle for the empress and the realm."

------

The Myashtalnder stands up and looks at Scrag. At first he pales, but then he closes his eyes and falls to his knees. "Yes. This will be a good death. A better one than waiting to be twisted from the chaos and madness that will come. Please, do the act quickly so that my soul will go to the Horned Man rather than to alien gods. And remember that you are to show me my still beating heart when you take it, lest I die not knowing whether my spirit is strong enough to make the twilight voyage through the Shadow Lands."

Amaury

First Post
"Nooo!" came out of Rosalia's delicate lips as she spotted the symbol of Tsathzar Rho. "No! Not again!"

She then read the notes three times to ensure she got it all clear.

That woman's murder was linked to that chaotic being. The cave complex that they had visited and cleared what just one emanation of that sinister cult! More was to come!

It was like a nightmare for Rosalia who had only wished one thing since she had left the cave: clear her mind of it!

After a while, walking up and down in the room, she looked at the pendant, its front and then back for further details. It may be worth keeping it.. she thought.

She then hid the bag and its contents before going downstairs to the main room. She asked to one of the cook's boys to run to where Grok, John and Scrag stayed and to tell them to come and meet her urgently at the tavern as soon as they could. As a reward, she gave him a couple of coppers and promised three more when her friends are back.

She then went back to her bedroom to start studying the map. That woman seemed to live in secret. The cult seems to have infiltrated all places if we are to believe her. she thought.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Before We take you to the Reeve, and before execution, You must clear you soul of the chaos of the elder ones. To do so,make a confession of all of your actions." John's stomach turns within in his role of inquisitor.

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 4

Grok scans the bad guy and the prisoner, and jumps visibly when Scrag's insides start their gurgling. "Prisoner better start talking quick! Scrag belly growl like him not eat for days! Remember Gnome that vanished the last time him got this hungry? Little booger never looked the same after Scrag crapped him out, but him sure was happy! Me never see anyone happy about being that close to Scrag a$$!!"

Grok's Sheet

Remove ads