• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Scrag still looks confused. He knows he never ate a gnome. Why would they say he ate a gnome? He ate a little statue that looked like a gnome once. That must be it.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Myashtalnder nods and says his confession. "I'm sorry that I left home, but the cult of blood had already sacrificed my father so that their high priest could marry my mother, and I just didn't feel like I belonged under the same roof after that. Well, I guess that's my second sin, for both my dad and I believed the lottery was fixed due to how pretty mom was. And I'm sorry I threatened to stab my brother-in-law despite his being a magistrate, but I couldn't stand it after he hit my sister that second time. And I'm sorry I wasn't around when the lady was killed, but she and I thought it would be best if I slept in the stables that night due to appearances being what they are and how it wouldn't be looked at kindly for a young lad to be staying in the same room of an unmarried woman. And a foreigner like me to boot. Not sure what I could have done if I was there, though. I'm not exactly handy with a knife after all. Oh, and I'm sorry I stole from my primary teacher, but she gave her students gifts when they behaved in class, and I never thought I'd be able to behave again, so I grabbed two gifts that day instead of the one. Ok, I guess that's it. I'm ready to die now."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
At the office of Dwurthim the Shire Reeve

ooc:
1. Uh wait, whoa! wow, this was . . .
2. Dwurthim the Shire Reeve is still there, right? I do not see anywhere you showing he has left the area. If this is true, then this is my post:

Ic
"Well, it is good you confessed before the Reeve." John thinks for a moment then continues, "I do not believe you are done confessing. In order to prevent a thalmatalgic claim on your soul, the cult leadership must be brought before a confession. To do that, we need to go to whom you know of and break the astral leach on your silver cord"

turning with his back is to the prisoner he continues giving the Reeve an obvious wink, "Shire Reeve Dwurthim, if there are other question you need . . . . .?"

Scotley

Hero
Roque nods at the Myashtalnder. "Good lad, don't you feel better for getting that out? Now lets tell the Reeve about the cult leaders. Have to do this right or it doesn't count." He looks at the Reeve eyes wide, but out of sight of the prisoner.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The prisoner looks confused. "Do you mean the cult leaders back from my home? They often change due to political maneuvering, but it's usually easy enough to figure out. The guys with the biggest headdresses and entourage are usually the folks in charge; that is unless someone is about to take their job, but then they'll find themselves with the bigger number of followers for a time. But the Cult of Blood have nothing to do with what Lady Marwhen was investigating, and besides the leaders don't ever leave Myashtalnd; having to administer a nation of people while protecting your position takes all their efforts.

Lady Marwhen was investigating the Cult of Chaos, and the followers of Tsathzar Rho, which is something much more local and dangerous. While the Cult of Blood follows its rites to further their dark powers, they still want to keep the world as it is. The Myashtalnd cults like the world just the way it is. The Cult of Chaos recruit from those that would have the world reshaped through the powers of the chaotic elder gods. Lady Marwhen asked me to accompany her so that I could see to her horses needs while telling her all I knew about how the Cult of Chaos operated under the noses of Myashtalnd's rulers. Her investigations revealed that the followers of Tsathzar Rho were attempting to open a portal to the realms of Chaos tonight, but she was the only one that knew where the ceremony was to take place, and now she is dead. The cult will likely succeed and the elder gods influence brought back into this world. So kill me now. Let me make peace with my people's horrible gods of blood and death. Better that than a world of madness."

The Shire Reeve harrumphs, "Alright boys, I think I've heard enough. This man is obviously addled in the head. He wants death, and I think we have enough evidence to condemn him. He'll swing tomorrow, I'll see to it myself."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With a thin, mirthless smile John looks to the Reeve, then the prisoner, "Very well, Hanging, but not eaten by a troll sounds better anyway."

Leif

Adventurer
Grog, Half-Orc Cleric 4

"Bad luck Scrag, you find other snack now. Hey, maybe they let you eat him after him hanged! Not fresh, but squirm less."

Grok's Sheet

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Scrag frowns. The priest who raised him had been very strict about not eating people. Now everyone seemed to want him to eat this person. Sulking and confused, Scrag turned and stalked out, sitting down outside the building.

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 4

"Mmmm. Grok hope him not say wrong thing. Never seen Scrag do like that before." Grok follows the troll out. As unappetizing as drinking after a troll is (even for a half-orc!), Grok can think of no better peace offering, since he's no mental giant himself. "Grok feel bad," and he drinks a swig of his orc liquor. "Scrag drink?" Grok offers him his skin.

Grok's Sheet

Last edited:

Remove ads