• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Shire Reeve walks out of hearing range of the prisoner and says, "Roque, I don't believe one word this man says. A religious cult killed the woman due to some foreign conspiracy? Rites of blood and death? He did admit that he felt at fault for not protecting her, and I think that's as close to the truth and a real convention as we are gonna get. We'll hang him tomorrow and that will put an end to his paranoia before it infects the rest of our folk. Roque, you obviously got caught up in this because you were too close to the prisoner. Why don't you go and take the next couple of days off. I got this covered, and I want you to take some time to think on your recent behavior. I expect some sharper discipline in our militia than what you've shown of late. If you want something to do in the meantime, however, I wouldn't be disinclined for you to go and keep an eye on our fellow villagers that have come back from the nearby caves. They seem a bit off to me somehow, and I'd like to be sure that they won't go off causing trouble."

Scotley

Hero
Roque hangs his head in shame. "Now take it easy Sir. I am not saying I'm ready to believe that guy or that we are buddies. I just thought maybe there could be some truth in with the madness he was spouting somewhere. I am sorry I got a bit too cozy here and I will sharpen up. I'll keep an eye on those folk for you and be sharp about it Sir. I won't let you down again." He walks out and observes the others still lingering around.

He ambles over. "So what do you lot make of what that guy was saying in there? Pretty crazy right?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Scrag shrugs. He knew what crazy meant and he'd lived crazy the past few weeks. So, yes, it was crazy...and also true. He didn't have the words to convey any of this, so he shrugs while eyeing the newcomer.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Roque: He ambles over. "So what do you lot make of what that guy was saying in there? Pretty crazy right?"

"Under normal conditions and occurrences you would be right." John starts strong, then stops and sighs deeply. tears well in his eyes as he remembers seeing a brave pqladin fight. "You better sit down for what I am about to tell you. And a drink in front of you. Reeve, can we steal him and take him to a bar for a harrowing tale of where we have been, and how Sir Roderick fought his last fight."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Reeve does indeed give his leave for Roque to join the group. They soon arrive at the tavern that Rosalia was investigating. The barkeep gives each of the men some of the local ale, on the house, while Rosalia comes down from a room that she had rented out.

Scott DeWar

John is about to inform Scrag that he is to drink out of the cup, not consume the cup and all is abruptly halted before he can even utter a sound. His only response is to sit looking at the troll with unblinking eyes for the longest time . . . . .

Amaury

First Post
Rosalia arrives downstairs to spot John staring at Scrag in a slightly absent manner.

She joins her comrades at their table with a serious look on her face. She then realizes that there is a newcomer. She looks at Roque and then the group before asking : "Who's he? Will someone introduce him? "

Once Roque gets introduced, Rosalia is still reluctant to share her information with a stranger. "Don't take offence but I've got sensitive matters to discuss with my friends here.."

Scott DeWar

"This is a guard by the name of Roque who got in trouble with the Reeve and is now being forced to sit at the same table as the trouble makers of the town. That would be us, the trouble mak . . . nevermind. We were drinking a toast to Rodrick. We, meaning all of us here, were able to get some interesting bits of information from the lady's jailed companion. Furthermore, I was getting ready to tell Roque what we saw in the caves."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads