Dungeon Magazine & Adventure Modules

Do you buy Dungeon magazine and/or adventure modules?

• Yes, I buy both

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • Only buy Dungeon magazine

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Only buy adventure modules

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • No, I buy neither

Votes: 5 8.6%

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
G'day folks!

I was just wondering on the buying habits of your average (and not so average) ENworlder.

Do you get Dungeon Magazine?

But I realised that wasn't enough... far more interesting was what proportion of the adventure module purchasing D&D players also got Dungeon...

So, this poll.

Whether or not it actually produces any useful information is up to more dedicated analysts than I... I'm just curious.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Part of the curiousity behind this thread is because of the current state of the d20 industry, with many publishers concentrating more on rules supplements than adventures.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Oh, and "adventure modules" doesn't restrict itself just to WotC products; Necromancer Games, Troll Lord, Creative Mountain... whatever.

They just have to be adventures and not sourcebooks! ;)

Cheers!

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I buy Dungeon and I purchase adventure modules, but I also run a fair amount of my own material as well. I'm not very good at taking a published module and making it feel natural. I always end up missing important points or I don't quite get a feel for how the module is supposed to flow, so it doesn't end up playing well. I still buy them mostly because I like to collect stuff. :)

Dragongirl

First Post
Wont let me vote. I get Dragon, never gotten Dungeon. I don't buy adventures at all. Rather have more items to put into adventures I write myself, than see other people's adventures.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've been having a good time recently adapting the 'classics' for my campaign. (Keep on the Borderlands, Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Desert of Desolation), along with Dungeon Magazine adventures, and new 3E/d20 products.

But I also use a healthy dose of my own material. :)

It's not whether you use it that interests me, it's whether you get it in the first place!

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Dragongirl said:
Wont let me vote. I get Dragon, never gotten Dungeon. I don't buy adventures at all. Rather have more items to put into adventures I write myself, than see other people's adventures.

Umm... isn't that the "Neither" option?

Or have you been banned from voting for untold of sins against the gaming community? ;) Or perhaps an addiction to voting on every poll you find? :D

Cheers!

Dragongirl

First Post
MerricB said:
Umm... isn't that the "Neither" option?

Or have you been banned from voting for untold of sins against the gaming community? ;) Or perhaps an addiction to voting on every poll you find? :D

Cheers!
Hehe, no I have this problem with voting on this board. About 90% of the time it won't let me. Heard similar problems from other people, albeit a minority.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
I recently subscribed to Dungeon, so hopefully I won't be buying both anymore. It's a better value. Although the two most recent modules I bought (Of Sound Mind and NeMoren's Vault — can you tell that I haven't had a group or spare cash in a long time? :p) do stand to get some use soon (at least one of them, more than likely). Assuming that I'm next in my new group's DMing rotation. And if not, that's cool, too. :) Right now, if I were to buy more modules, I'd be more likely to buy older modules from SV Games and convert them, especially because I haven't played in most of them (excepting Temple of Elemental Evil).

Best,
tKL

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Hmm... either more people buy modules and/or Dungeon than I thought, or people who don't buy either don't read this thread.

;)

Cheers!

Remove ads