Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
As you draw closer to the bodies the smell quickly becomes apparent. They have obviously been here for a while. The man appears to be clad in a coat of plates over chainmail while the woman is wearing a chain halburk. The halburk might be salvageable, as there are just a few small tears in the links where arrows found their mark, but the brestplate worn by the man has a large gash through the chest where something heavy like an axe smashed through crushing his ribs in the process. A shattered shield by the woman's body shows what was once a holy icon of Typhon. You suspect that these are likely some of the missing members of Typhon's Fists who got separated from the rest of the party and either got lost and wandered here or were driven back. If that's the case they may have been laying here for a week or more.

Examining the arrows you see that they are fairly crudely made. It seems that they have been constructed out of pieces of metal that have been filed to a point and the fletching looks to be made of leather.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"These poor souls... so close to escape, and they may not even have realised..." Jimi says under his breath. He gently closes the eyes of the unfortunate adventurers and stands up.

"It would appear that these two were part of Typhon's Fists." he says, holding up a fragment of the sundered shield for all to see.

"They have been here for some time, but whatever manner of beast or foul creature has slain them may well still be lurking nearby. I would advise caution as we move forward."

[OOC: Unless anyone else has anything they want to do, shall we press onward in the same marching order?]

Imperialus

Explorer
Creeping forward over the bodies which don't have any apparent treasure, though Klyman, it occurs to you that a reward might be possible if you were to return them for a proper burial, you enter a twisting natural corridor that goes east about 20 feet before branching in two different directions.

Rm. 30 corridor.png

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Considering that he might turn the bodies of the fallen over to their relatives himself to pocket the gold, Klyman soon dismisses the idea as involving entirely too much work for him to do on his own, "Say, you know, we should collect these bodies on our first trip out, because their relatives might pay some reward for the proof of their demise."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi nods in agreement, "Yes, indeed. It's only proper that the bodies be returned for a proper burial. Although I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable profiting from their demise..."

Sensing an uncomfortable silence at the suggestion of refusing a monetary reward, he quickly changes the subject.

"Ah, it seems the passage ahead splits into two. Midgrim, Gargrim - you're the experts here. Which way should we go? Which path will take us deeper into the mountain?"

Imperialus

Explorer
In natural caverns like this even the Dwarves have a tough time guessing at which cavern might go where... It seems logical though that the cavern to your left would likely lead back towards the edge of the mountain so if your goal is to travel deeper the right hand passage would likely make more sense.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

'Oh, that's no bother, Jimi, we'll just divide the corpse-recovery fee between those of us with the stomach for it, no shame in that. Damn me for a Gnome if I can tell anything about these tunnels, except that they are bloody dark!"

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
“Right hand passage should take us deeper.”

He looked to Midgrim, addressing him. Gargrim certainly didn’t want to have them lost already. “I think.”

Imperialus

Explorer
Continuing down the tunnel you discover that it opens into a large natural cavern with a beam of sunlight emanating from a hole in the ceiling. The light seems to be almost centered on a small pool of water at the far end. At the sight of the pool you hear a sharp intake of breath from Climent, "The moon pool! This is amazing!" He begins to rush forward before realizing that it is perhaps not the safest course of action before pausing and moving towards the pool with greater care pulling a number of flasks from his pack and filling them from the pool. "If you have the means, you should fill whatever containers you have. Alchemists and sorcerers will pay good coin for this water."

In progress map.png

Remove ads