Dwimmermount IC:

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

'What are the properties of this moon pool's water? inquires Klyman Sylar even as he is reaching for his waterskin.

Imperialus

Explorer
Climant pauses for a moment as though trying to figure out how to explain it... "Well, it is true water. It will not boil, freeze, evaporate or any of the other traditional properties of water. It also... "dissolves" arcane energy so at the very least it is a near ideal reagent for potion making. However the moon pool, if this is indeed what we have found also absorbs lunar emissions from Ioun. This gives it other properties depending on the phase of the moon during which it was 'harvested'. I am not perfectly clear on what these properties other than that they will affect the spellcasting abilities of those who imbibe it."

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"I can't normally cast spells. Are you saying that if I harvest this water during the right phase of the moon that drinking it could give me that power?"

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi approaches the pool cautiously.

"Fascinating... so these waters have the power to augment one's own magical powers?" he asks, kneeling down next to the water's edge.

Seemingly hypnotized by the surface of the pool, he slowly dips his hand into the waters before holding it above his head - allowing a few drops of the water to fall into his open mouth, curious as to how this magical moon-water might taste.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Water?" is Midgrim's obviously disbelieving comment about the whole thing. You won't find HIM drinking that stuff!

As for the rest... "Five says he turns into a goat," he discretely proposes to Klyman and/or Gargrim, watching the water drop towards the acolyte's mouth with something like resigned fascination...

Question: Is there any dwarven lore re the 'moon pool', Imperialus? And how big is that hole with the sunlight? Big enough for somebody to climb up and out?

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
"I can't normally cast spells. Are you saying that if I harvest this water during the right phase of the moon that drinking it could give me that power?"
"I don't know. Little is known about it, and oftentimes the accounts are contradictory. Every account I have heard of refers to someone already skilled in the magical arts however."

Seemingly hypnotized by the surface of the pool, he slowly dips his hand into the waters before holding it above his head - allowing a few drops of the water to fall into his open mouth, curious as to how this magical moon-water might taste.
It tastes pretty much just like water. A bit of sour taste, but that may just be from the rocks around the spring.

Question: Is there any dwarven lore re the 'moon pool', Imperialus? And how big is that hole with the sunlight? Big enough for somebody to climb up and out?
No, there is no lore regarding the moon pool that you know of. Most dwarves reactions to it are pretty much like yours, in that they just want to leave it the hell alone. As for the hole, Yeah, you suspect that it would be big enough for a human to fit through. Of course, it is 30 feet above the floor, but it should be possible.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Perhaps a touch disappointed that he doesn't feel magical energy flooding through his mind from the few drops he has imbibed, Jimi begins filling his waterskin with the moon-water.

He looks around the area for any signs of recent activity or movements. "I wonder if Typhon's Fists came through here... would they have known of the pool's importance?" he asks aloud.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"No goat then," grunts an equally disappointed dwarf. Ah well. He too turns his attention towards the rest of the room...

"That shaft up there looks big'nough ta fit a half-starving fellow, if there's need," he notes, idly working out in his head where it would come out to surface relative the entrance they just took, for future reference.

"I wonder if Typhon's Fists came through here... would they have known of the pool's importance?" he asks aloud.
"Good thought, priest," agrees Midgrim with a back-slap that would have been fine if Jimi was wearing dwarven armor. "They didn't find much 'cept heaping helpings of trouble, way I hear it, so we might want ta go where they DIDN'T!"

OOC: Midgrim goes to investigate/listen/look down the right exit, looking for tracks in the dust and/or blood trails as he goes.

Piston Honda

First Post
Gargrim maintained his distance from the Moon Pool. Not so much being dismissive as concerned about the effects of the water within. As he sees Midgrim investigating the right exit, he takes the opportunity to get back to work and helps to check it out.

Remove ads