Dwimmermount OOC

Leif

Adventurer
I like the hunt for potion ingredients, especially since Yrel can maybe stick back a few for himself for later use. But I also like the idea of resuing Vindar's missing page. Can we combine these two?? Perhaps Vindar sent him for the ingredients, and he: a) got himself ensorcelled by some mischievous (but not necessarily evil?) fey? b) was injured in a rockslide and needs help to get back? c) ate a mushroom near where the ingredients are picked, and is having a major LSD-like trip, maybe thinks he is Abathar the Wild-Man, and is now riding a wild boar bareback (him and the boar, both) around the forest and going on squirrel hunts with woodelves?

So now it falls to us to fetch the ingredients back for Vindar AND find and rescue the page. (And maybe take him some clothes....)

Comments, suggestions anyone?

Oh, yes, Yrel will definitely be interested in reading the Fencing Manual if someone tells him about it. And we multi-classers have got to grab every experience point that we can!

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
:) I like the page idea very much, Leif, but how about we rescue him and *then* he becomes Vindar's page in gratitude (instead of the other way around)? Although I know very little about Vindar's life before his awakening... So maybe he did have a page back then? Or hired one since then... I think I'd be good with any of those versions, actually. :)

Vindar would of course be very interrested in the manual, being so close to level 2 he can just about smell it! How long does it take to read that thing, Imperialus? Or is it just doable during down-time?

Leif

Adventurer
:) I like the page idea very much, Leif, but how about we rescue him and *then* he becomes Vindar's page in gratitude (instead of the other way around)? Although I know very little about Vindar's life before his awakening... So maybe he did have a page back then? Or hired one since then... I think I'd be good with any of those versions, actually. :)
I'd be good with any of these arrangements of the facts. How about if we let the DM pick his favorite and surprise us with it?

Imperialus

Explorer
It takes a week of study to gain the benefit from the manual. An important note is that you do not actually have to be literate to gain the benefits. Many of the best medieval fencing manuals were basically picture books. The text explains stuff like the names of the stances, but that's about it. Talhoffer is probably one of the foremost examples of this

http://www.thearma.org/talhoffer/t3.htm

So I think I might have missed a post somewhere... Is the plan that you want to go and look for potion ingredients?

If so, I appologize for the fuzzy picture here, but I can't seem to find the PDF of my mapbook that has this in a much, much higher resolution. At any rate, this is the wilderness surrounding Dwimmermount. Adamas is the blurry blot just north of the A in Aldleigh Forest which might be a good source of ingredients. It's reasonably well populated and traveled so it should be fairly safe too.

The Evensong Woods would be another potential source of ingredients, perhaps even a better one, but Elves are known to inhabit the forest, and oftentimes don't take kindly to outsiders.

Attachments

• Wilderness Map.jpg
    Wilderness Map.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 307

Binder Fred

Not sure what you mean about missing a post, Imperialus, but the one I was refering to was this one about a short sidequest?

The main point, at least for me, is to have an adventure outside the dungeon, though I suspect we might get a fair break on cost if we furnish the main ingredients? Say Vindar (or Climent, or one of the others) contacted a local witch who said she'd potion-craft for us in exchange for X and Y? We could even go visit her before we leave if you want us to negotiate, or anything else you imagine for us.

A forray into Evensong Woods would probably be best, I think, since it's closer and we have an elf with us now?

How about if we let the DM pick his favorite and surprise us with it?
Works for me. :)

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
*headsmack* of course. Now it makes sense. So Adamas would be the closest place that would have people who are capable of furnishing you with potions of healing. The highest level cleric you know of is the Archcleric Rendar of Typhon in Adamas. You are pretty sure that the sects of Tyche and Caint are led by Supernumerary's at least so they would be able to brew potions as well. Unfortunatly hedge witches and the like are incapable of brewing potions of healing since you need to be at least a 5th level cleric to do so.

As for their willingness to discount the price in exchange for ingredients it's certainly a possibility. Sister Emilesse has the potential to be a lead for this. Though she can't brew potions herself, she could likely refer you to, and put in a good word with, someone who could.

Binder Fred

Guess I was hoping for a potion-specialized NPC class: witches/herbalists/alchemists (and I rather like witches in stories :)). Do those exist outside of Adamas?

Binder Fred

Re the loot, I say screw it: one share per surviving player, half a share per long-term NPC. Simple, no fuss. Distribute as you will from there.

336 GP, 1095 SP, 469 CP
100 GP for the jewelry
15 gp for the jumk
100 gp from Sir Verodart
Total = 665 gp, 1 sp, 9 cp

Deuce, Leif, Binder: 190 gp each
Climent: 95 gp

We're keeping this, selling the rest as above:
Tyreth Fencing Manual, bookshelves R18 = Gargrim
Fine short sword, cocooned Thulian officer R26 = Vindar
Rusty iron key, looting-cart mural R25 [M]
Holy phalange, mint in box, secret alcove R36 [P]
1 flasks of azoth, azoth pool R37 [C]
Map of an Unknown Land [K], Tattered Zatrikio handbook [M], bookshelves R18
Does that work for everybody?

95gp of my share goes to equiping Vindar, here. (Some of the stuff he took from the bodies would actually be in the barrow right now, like the spikes, the thief-tools, etc.)

Remove ads