Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Darklone

Good you didn't Eadric. Otherwise you'd have bought the Epic level Handbook at once and planned for the next 25 levels till you would manage to survive a second...

Or, you would have dropped dead in agony.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
As they say in France, le bump.

Any chance we could see the stats on that rod you just metioned? I imagine you want to keep it as a surprise, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Jeremy

Explorer
My guess at the new and improved Ortwin. :D

Ortwin of Jiuhu, Male Satyr Rogue5 Ranger1 Bard7 Fighter5 CR 20; Size:M Type Fey; HD 5d6+1d10+7d6+5d10+92; hp 152; Init +6 (+6 Dex); Spd Walk 40'; AC 27 (flatfooted 27, touch 15), Gore +15 (1d6+1) or Githla +23/+18/+13 (1d6+7 12-20/x2) and Thundering Shocking Burst +1 Light Pick +14/+9 (1d4+1+1d6 electric); SA: Bardic knowledge (+9), Bardic music 7/day, Evasion, Favored Enemy(Demons), Sneak Attack +3d6, Uncanny Dodge (Dex bonus to AC); Vision: Low-light AL: CG; Sv: Fort +14, Ref +20, Will +12; Str 13, Dex 22, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 20 (24)

Skills and Feats: Bluff +33, Climb +9, Disguise +13, Hide +20, Innuendo +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Listen +13, Move Silently +20, Open Lock +11, Perform +37, Pick Pocket +16, Search +11, Spellcraft +8, Spot +13, Swim +1, Tumble +11, Use Magic Device +15; Ambidexterity, Dodge, Expertise, Improved Critical (Scimitar), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Mobility, Spring Attack, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (Scimitar), Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Weapon Specialization (Scimitar), Whirlwind Attack

Possessions: The Blue Garnet Collar (Grants wearer +4 to Charisma), The Dread Githla (Scimitar +4 Keen, Throwing, Returning), Light Pick +1 (Shocking Burst, Thundering), Studded Leather +5, Cloak of Displacement (Major), Potion (Fire Breath), Potion (Invisibility), Winged Boots

Spells:

Bard: (3 /5 /4 /2 )

0-Dancing Lights, Daze, Flare, Light, Prestidigitation, Read Magic

1-Alarm, Charm Person, Sleep, Ventriloquism

2-Cat's Grace, Cure Moderate Wounds, Glitterdust, Silence

3-Major Image, Scrying

Ok. That's me having fun. :) Minor notes: Skills are messed up because PC Gen doesn't know not to add the Fey Hit Dice when you are reincarnated. Feats are missing Skill Focus: Bluff and Brew Potion because Expertise was left out of the Whirlwind Attack prerequisites and because the feat count didn't allow for them (i.e. one too many feats). There appeared to be one too many second level bard spells known and one too few first level bard spells known. Totally disregard this as just me having fun because a) I've never seen the character sheet, b) I don't know the house rules involved, and c) I did this in 15 minutes on a whim in PC Gen.

Kudos to the DM and Players and all involved on their tremendous campaign! :D

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Thanks, Jeremy!

I'm copying and pasting the "old" Ortwin to make it easier to compare the two.

Half-Elven Fighter5/Rogue5/Bard7/Ranger 1; medium sized humanoid (half-elf); HD 5d10+15 + 5d6+15 + 7d6+21 +1d10+3; hps 134; Init +5 (+5 Dex); Speed 30 ft; AC 23 (+5 Dex, +8 Armour, ++ Displacement Effects); Attack: BAB: +14/+9/+4; +22/+17/+12 (Finessed Magical Scimitar) and +14/+9 (Magical Pick); Dmg: 1d6+7 (12-20/x2) (Magical Scimitar) and 1d4+1 +1d6 electrical (20/x4 +3d10 electrical + 3d8 sonic + deafening); SV Fort +12, Ref +15, Will +8; AL CG(N Tendencies); Str 13, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 20 (24).

Languages: Common, Draconic, Old Borchion, Elf

Skills: Perform +21 (14 Ranks: Storytelling, Epic, Chant, Drum, Lyre, Lute, Pipe, Mime, Formal Dance, Folksong, Sword Swallowing, Juggling, Clarion, Satire), Bluff +24, Pick Pocket +13, Climb +9, Swim +7, Hide +20, Move Silently +20, Disguise +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Innuendo +7, Open Lock +11, Use Magic Device +15, Search +11, Tumble +11.

Feats: Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Weapon Finesse (Scimitar - Yes, I allow this), Dodge, Expertise, Mobility, Weapon Specialization (Scimitar), Skill Focus (Bluff), Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Critical (Scimitar), Brew Potion, Track, Improved TWF (Depends on Virtual Tree)

Special Abilities: Sneak Attack +3d6, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge (Flatfooted Dex Bonus), Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge. Ambidexterity and TWF in light or no armour. Favoured Enemy: Demons.

Spells: 3/5/4/2 per day. Known: 0lvl: Dancing Lights, Daze, Flare, Light, Read Magic, Prestidigitation; 1st lvl: Sleep, Charm Person, Alarm, Ventriloquism; 2nd lvl: Silence, Cat's Grace, Cure Moderate Wounds, Glitterdust, Detect Thoughts; 3rd lvl: Major Image, Scrying.

Magic Items:
"Dread Githla." +4 Keen, Throwing and Returning Scimitar
Cloak of Displacement (Major)
+5 Studded Leather Armour
The Blue Garnet Collar (Grants wearer +4 to Charisma).
Winged Boots
Potion of Fiery Breath.
Potion of Invisibility.
+1 Thundering and Shocking Burst Light Pick (Yet to be named)

...good luck with the nymphes, bud!

The 'Official' New Ortwin...

Note that a reincarnated character loses 1 level of experience.

The Ranger level, in Ortwin's case - his latest. TWF etc. has gone. Rob seems happy enough though. I think he was unhappy with it stylistically, and said that when he re-levels up to 18th, he'll take bard or rogue.

Note that Feezuu's longbow is now included on the character sheet.

The class, BAB, hit points, base saves are unchanged by the spell.

He gets +2 Dex and Con, +4 Natural Armour, Racial Skill bonuses and 40 ft movement though (?!). And he can speak Sylvan now (!?).

Reincarnation is just messed up as its written. You have to house rule it, wing it, play it by ear. Whatever. It is sooo unclear.

I fixed the spell botch - Rob's bookkeeping is abysmal, and I don't catch all of it.

The extra feats are intentional - it was a compromise made when I stung him for seven Bard levels in the 1e to 3e transition.

He plans to take Perform (Pan Pipes), obviously.

Rob argued "Of course, Satyrs should be immune to a Nymph's supernatural attacks. They do chase them around."

I invited him to test his theory out...

Ortwin the Satyr

Fighter5/Rogue5/Bard7; medium sized fey; HD 5d10+20 + 5d6+20 + 7d6+28; hps 144; Init +6 (+6 Dex); Speed 40 ft; AC 28 (+6 Dex, +4 Natural, +8 Armour, ++ Displacement Effects); Attack: BAB: +13/+8/+3; +24/+19/+14 (Finessed Magical Scimitar) or +15/+10/+5 (Magical Pick) or +20/+25/+10 (Magical Longbow); Dmg: 1d6+7 (12-20/x2) (Magical Scimitar) or 1d4+1 +1d6 electrical (Magical Pick) or 1d8 +2 + enervation (Magical Bow); SV Fort +11, Ref +16, Will +8; AL CG(N Tendencies); Str 13, Dex 22, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 20 (24).

Languages: Common, Draconic, Old Borchion, Elf, Sylvan

Skills: Perform +25 (14 Ranks: Storytelling, Epic, Chant, Drum, Lyre, Lute, Pipe, Mime, Formal Dance, Folksong, Sword Swallowing, Juggling, Clarion, Satire), Bluff +24, Pick Pocket +14, Climb +9, Swim +7, Hide +25, Move Silently +25, Disguise +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Innuendo +7, Open Lock +12, Use Magic Device +15, Search +11.

Feats: Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Weapon Finesse (Scimitar - Yes, I allow this), Dodge, Expertise, Mobility, Weapon Specialization (Scimitar), Skill Focus (Bluff), Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Critical (Scimitar), Brew Potion.

Special Abilities: Sneak Attack +3d6, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge (Flatfooted Dex Bonus), Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge.

Spells: 3/5/4/2 per day. Known: 0lvl: Dancing Lights, Daze, Flare, Light, Read Magic, Prestidigitation; 1st lvl: Sleep, Charm Person, Cure Light Wounds, Alarm, Ventriloquism; 2nd lvl: Silence, Cat's Grace, Glitterdust, Detect Thoughts; 3rd lvl: Major Image, Scrying.

Magic Items:

"Dread Githla." +4 Keen, Throwing and Returning Scimitar
Cloak of Displacement (Major)
+5 Studded Leather Armour
The Blue Garnet Collar (Grants wearer +4 to Charisma).
Winged Boots
Potion of Fiery Breath.
Potion of Invisibility.
+1 Thundering and Shocking Burst Light Pick (Yet to be named)
"Anguish." A +1 Magical (+4 Mighty) Composite Longbow of Enervation. Those struck by missiles from this weapon are affected as though by the spell of the same name (Save DC17).

Ainhorr

Enervation allows a save?

The Bow does. Bit too much, otherwise, DYT?

Ainhorr

Balor. Huge outsider (Demon); HD 30d8+180; hps 315; Init +4 (+4 Improved Initiative); Speed 40 ft., fly 90 ft. (average); AC 31 (-2 Size, +23 Natural); Attack +42/+37/+32/+27 (huge +4 Unholy Celestial Bane Flaming Burst greatsword), +37 (whip) or +39 (2 slams); Dmg 2d8 +15 +1d6 (greatsword), 1d6+5 and entangle (whip) or slam 1d8 +11 + Fear Effect; Special Attacks: fear, spell-like abilities, entangle, body flames, summon tanar’ri; Special Qualities DR 30/+3, SR 28, tanar’ri qualities, death throes. SV Fort +20, Ref +14, Will +19; AL CE; Str 33, Dex 11, Con 23, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 16.

Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal

Skills: Bluff +38, Concentration +39, Diplomacy +37, Hide +23, Knowledge (Religion) +23, Knowledge (Philosophy) +23, Knowledge (Planes) +43, Knowledge (Fiendish Politics) +45, Listen +36, Move Silently +13, Scry +39, Search +25, Sense Motive +35, Spellcraft +36, Spot +44

Feats: Ambidexterity, Cleave, Improved Initiative, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Improved Critical (Greatsword), Sunder, Power Attack.

Spell-like abilities (at 20th level): At will-, blasphemy, deeper darkness, desecrate, detect good, detect law, fear, greater dispelling, polymorph self, pyrotechnics, read magic, suggestion, symbol (any), telekinesis, teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), tongues (self only), unhallow, unholy aura, unholy blight, and wall of fire. 1/day – fire storm, implosion. Save DCs are 13 + spell level.

Special Qualities: Fear, Entangle, Detect Magic, See Invisibility, Summon Tanar’ri, Death Throes, +8 Racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks.

Ainhorr is advanced from 13HD to 30HD, and represents one of the "great" Balors – he is scarcely less than a Demon Lord in terms of power and influence. Of the six Balors in Graz'zt's service (Ainhorr, Uruum, Choeth, Rurunoth, Irzho and Djorm), Ainhorr is by far the most potent.

Ainhorr is Graz’zt’s majordomo, the foremost general of his armies, and his most trusted servitor. In the initial revolt in Heaven, the Balor was one of Graz'zt's closest allies and his confidant, and fought next to the Prince on the Celestial Plains prior to the Fall. During Graz'zt's prolonged absence from his own planes, Ainhorr acted as steward of his master's realm.

Last edited:

Remove ads