Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

The updated version of the Enforcer - I don't recall whether I posted the original or not. The spell-like abilities were originally tweaked somewhat from the ELH: charm person became charm monster, hold person became hold monster etc. Hellball was dropped and replaced with damnation - a few other nips and tucks merited a +1 CR increase above the +5 given by advancement. CR32 feels about right on balance. Like the textbook infernal, SR and caster level for spell-like abilities are tied to CR.

Gihaahia, the Enforcer

Female advanced infernal; CR 32; large outsider (evil, extraplanar, lawful ); HD 50d8+450; hp 850; Init +15; Spd 80ft.,fly 240ft. (perfect); AC 50, touch 16, flatfooted 43; Base Atk +50; Grp +70; Atk +67 melee (4d6+16 plus 1 vile, claw); Full Atk: +67 melee (4d6+16 plus 1 vile, 2 claws), +65 melee (4d8+8 plus 1 vile, bite), +65 melee (2d6+8 plus 1 vile, 2 wings), +65 melee (4d8+8 plus 1 vile, tail slam); SA improved grab, spell-like abilities, spell suck, summon fiend ; SQ abomination traits, damage reduction 15/good and epic, fast healing 15, learned spell immunity, regeneration 15, spell resistance 44; SV Fort +36 Ref +34 Will +35; AL LE; Str 43 Dex 25 Con 28 Int 22 Wis 26 Cha 29.
Skills and Feats: Bluff +49, Concentration +62, Diplomacy +66, Disguise +49 (+51 acting), Escape Artist +60, Hide +47, Jump +56, Knowledge (arcana) +57, Knowledge (the planes) +59, Knowledge (religion) +46, Listen +48, Move Silently +47, Search +46, Sense Motive +61, Spellcraft +61, Spot +61; Alertness, Blinding Speed, Cleave, Corrupt Spell-Like Ability, Dark Speech, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (blasphemy), Quicken Spell-Like Ability (symbol), Power Attack, Sunder, Superior Initiative, Tenacious Magic (improved invisibiity), Vile Natural Attack, Violate Spell-Like Ability (meteor swarm), Weapon Focus (claw).

Abomination Traits: Gihaahia is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any form-altering attack; she is not subject to energy draining, ability draining, or ability damage; she is immune to mind-affecring effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). She has fire and cold resistance 20. Gihaahia resists detection, and is treated as if affected by a nondetection spell (caster level 50th). She has the spell-like ability to use true seeing at will; she is not subject to death from massive damage, and has the blindsight extraordinary ability to 500 ft.. Gihaahia can communicate telepathically with any creature within 1,000 feet that has a language.

Improved Grab (Ex): If Gihaahia hits with a claw, it deals normal damage and she may attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. She can use this ability on size Large and smaller creatures. Gihaahia has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use her claw to hold her opponent. Each successful grapple check she makes during successive rounds automatically deals standard claw, in addition to automatic spell suck damage.

Learned Spell Immunity (Su): If Gihaahia is affected by a spell cast by a particular spellcaster, she thereafter becomes completely immune to that spell when cast by the same spellcaster.

Regeneration (Ex): Gihaahia takes normal damage from good-aligned epic weapons and from spells with the [good] descriptor.

Spell Suck (Su): If Gihaahia bites an enemy, it loses one of its highest level prepared spells or unused spell slots. The victim chooses the prepared spell to lose. If the victim has no prepared spells or unused spell slots (either because it has exhausted its spellcasting for the day or because the victim is not a spellcaster), the bite instead drains 2 points of the victim’s Intelligence.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - animate dead, blasphemy (DC 26), blur, charm monster (DC 23), create greater undead, deeper darkness, desecrate, detect chaos, detect good, detect law, detect magic, fear (DC 20), fireball (DC 22), greater dispel magic, greater teleport (self plus 1000 pounds only), hold monster (DC 23), improved invisibility, magic circle against good, major image (DC 22), produce flame, polymorph (self only, no limit on duration), pyrotechnics (DC 21), read magic, scrying, suggestion (DC 22), symbol (any, Save DC varies), telekinesis (DC 24), unholy aura (DC 27), unholy blight (DC 23), unhallow, and wall of fire; 1/day – firestorm (DC 27), damnation (DC 44), implosion (DC 28), and meteor swarm (DC 28). Caster level 32nd. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Fiend (Su): Gihaahia can summon 4 pit fiends per day.

Last edited:

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I'm really enjoying these updates to the Rogue's Gallery. Though your Story Hour is enjoyable when read as a novel, the fact that it records a DnD campaign adds a whole other dimension of appreciation. The DnD aspect is really enhanced by the provision of NPC statistics and the game mechanics for what has happened in the story.

One questions: Have you changed how Violate Spell-like Ability works? In the BoVD it can be applied to each spell-like ability twice per day. Similarly, Quicken Spell-like ability allows each ability to be quickened once per day.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Learned Spell Immunity (Su): If Gihaahia is affected by a spell cast by a particular spellcaster, she thereafter becomes completely immune to that spell when cast by the same spellcaster.
Holy cow, that sucks. You don't get a 2nd chance when fighting this guy. He either goes down the first time out or you're screwed.

He'd make a good head of the Outsider Mafia. You take a shot at him. . .well, you'd better not miss.

Olive

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
One questions: Have you changed how Violate Spell-like Ability works? In the BoVD it can be applied to each spell-like ability twice per day. Similarly, Quicken Spell-like ability allows each ability to be quickened once per day.

I think that was the BoVd versions, but the 3.5 quicken SLA is different and the Violate SLA has probably been changed to reflect that.

DanMcS

Explorer
Lela said:
Holy cow, that sucks. You don't get a 2nd chance when fighting this guy. He either goes down the first time out or you're screwed.

He'd make a good head of the Outsider Mafia. You take a shot at him. . .well, you'd better not miss.

That's why she was a good choice to be made the enforcer who has to track down and punish wizards, I imagine :) This is a standard power for infernals, from the ELH.

Lela

First Post
DanMcS said:
That's why she was a good choice to be made the enforcer who has to track down and punish wizards, I imagine :) This is a standard power for infernals, from the ELH.
Deadly. I've never much looked through the ELH, though I do own it. Never fealt the need to progress into Epic levels.

Totally freaky.

Seule

Explorer
I'm a little surprised that the Enforcer doesn't have Spellcasting Harrier, or the feat from the Miniatures Handbook that's even better, but similar. I'd have thought it would be the obvious choice.

--Seule

Mind you, with a few minor modifications to the spell (pump the save DC and bonus against SR, drop the '4 targets' thing to compensate), Nwm's She is tired of your interference would rapidly turn Gihaahia into a decorative Christmas tree ornament...

Lela

First Post
humble minion said:
Mind you, with a few minor modifications to the spell (pump the save DC and bonus against SR, drop the '4 targets' thing to compensate), Nwm's She is tired of your interference would rapidly turn Gihaahia into a decorative Christmas tree ornament...
Dang, you're right. But, I think, only if she were currently in the Green. Then again, that part could be dropped too (raising he DC by 4ish from the Ad Hoc). And it would require DM approval.

Which would only mean that Motsin would have to summon something and set her off first. Question is, would G just return to her home plane upon death?

SepII: Upon reading the spell a couple times I think I see something that looks a little ambigious. Does it affect a total of 80HD (with up to four targets) or four targets who can each have an individual total of 80HD each (possibly hitting 240HD worth of Outsiders). I would assume the former but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Remove ads