Ebay Auction - for serious D&D collectors

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
My only comment is that if you're gonna start the bidding at $1400.00, shipping should be free. Of course, he could be thinking that any weanie... er... collecter willing to pay out $1400.00 for it won't mind another $25.00 added on.

Napftor

Explorer
Yeah, this guy is whacked. I was recently offered the four "R" mods as well as the first 4 RPGA mods and a Dungeoneer's Survival Guide w/ Dark and Hidden Ways...all for under $1000. They were in good condition and I trusted the source, but who's got this kind of cash for nostalgia? There's no way someone's going to bid on that box set. I don't care if it was assembled by EGG himself...oh right, it was. :)

JeffB

Legend
I've been watching this for a few days..

His starting price is not really out of line for a final bid..but it's way too high to start..In fact I think he changed it from $1500 to $1400 after a couple of days...

Gary has said that he doesn't even have one these days...his copy was in his office/desk at TSR and they locked him out.

I have my collecters edition, but If I had the money I'd by that box set in heartbeat if I had $1400 laying around...Sad thing is, back in the late 70's one of my Brother's freinds had an original boxed set like this...he tried to sell it my brother, and my brother thought he was nuts because you could buy the "collector's" edition at the time, and AD&D was on the way...I was only a kid, I didn't know any better, and my Brother talked me out of it...I think the friend wanted like $15 for it...

That little box there started EVERYTHING..if it weren't for that, none of us would be here...

It's still my fave version of the game...

Holy Bovine

First Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that Napftor.

I saw a copy of the orange cover 'Palace of the Silver Princess' go for over $1000 on eBay about a year ago.

What was really crazed was the fact that WotC was offering it as a free ESD download at the time.

I mean being a collector is great and all (lord knows I buy and sell this stuff all the time on eBay) but $1000+ for something you could have a copy of free?

That path, my friends, leads to madness!!! :D

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Let's see. I can...

(A) Bid on this charming piece of nostalgia.

(B) Pick up a reprint for 50 bucks, and run down the store to and grab every d20 product printed to date and still have cash left for pizza.

(C) Buy round trip tickets to Paris for my wife and I, earning "I love you so much, you crazy romantic; go game all next weekend with your friends" karma points.

Which of these would you suppose would most improve my gaming experience? I suspect it is not A.

drowdude

First Post
I dont have the facy box & stuff... but I do have...

Volume 1. Men & Magic
Volume 2. Monsters & Treasure
Volume 3. The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures
Reference Sheets

The Wizard's Aide by Matt Whalley
&
The Arduin Grimoire, Volume 1. by David Hargrove

So I'm happy ;) :)

teitan

Legend
He would be lucky to get 150 out of it. This is kind of like all those people advertising "buy it now" prices at retail or even starting bids at retail on new stuff. BAH!

Jason

Remove ads