Ebay Auction - for serious D&D collectors

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
Thanks!

I didn't think he was going to get a bite.....but you never know. There are people out there with insane amounts of cash and a mind to match.

Taren Nighteyes

JeffB

Legend
It's been re-listed..he apprently cancelled the auction as he recieved some differing opinions for various authorities on what printing it was....

He did re-list at a lower price since the printing is in question...though it's still as rare as it gets for D&D items...

Orco42

First Post
About 2 years ago I was tempted to get one at a auction at my local store. But it was too much for me, the final bid was $220.

It was in really good shape. Either that guy on ebay is selling it for WAY too much or I missed out on a good deal.

Griswold

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
The Auction ended and no one put even a single bid on. Something i didn't notice before was the fact the seller had a buy it now price of $4,900.00. So if you thought the starting bid was insane...

:D

He has the auction up again this time with a starting bid of $1,000.00. Lets see how this one goes. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755748805

anybody want to start a betting pool as to how much he gets out of it? I'll put 5 SP on "He re-lists at $800"

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Orco42 said:
About 2 years ago I was tempted to get one at a auction at my local store. But it was too much for me, the final bid was $220.

It was in really good shape. Either that guy on ebay is selling it for WAY too much or I missed out on a good deal.

If it was a brown-box edition in even fair condition you missed a very good deal indeed.

Only 3,000 total copies were done thus. Collectors pay more than $1,000 for these rare items. The best place to sell this sort of item is at the GenCon auction where the serious collectors gather.

Gary

Remove ads