Ebay Auction - for serious D&D collectors

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Well, I will gladly buy brown-box D&D sets anytime, in fair or better condition, at $500 per if anyone is selling; pay more for excellent sets of the first printing of 1,000 copies... :eek:

Frank Mentzer is perhaps _the_ expert in the matter of RPG collectables--he's done the Origins and GenCon auctions for many years now. Anyone seriously seeking to buy or sell the really rare items that are in demand should get in touch with him.

Cheers,
Gary

Orco42

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

If it was a brown-box edition in even fair condition you missed a very good deal indeed.

Doh! It was the brown box and it was very good condition (much better than my 2e boxed sets).

Ghostwind

First Post
The real expert to talk to about this auction is Frank Mentzer (co-author of Temple of Elemental Evil). Frank specializes in auctioning collectibles, especially D&D stuff. He was invaluable in providing advice on some stuff I had on Ebay awhile back. I had his email at once time but lost it. Seems like it was Extsr@aol.com or something to that effect. He will be at GenCon auctioning stuff off. Perhaps someone there can ask him about this auction and whether it is a reasonable asking price. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for what the seller is asking just because D&D stuff has always sold exceptionally well and high as a general rule. You guys wouldn't want believe what I made when I sold off my entire 20+ year collection of 1st and 2nd ed. stuff...:)

Remove ads