• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ebay Auction - for serious D&D collectors

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
Thanks!

I didn't think he was going to get a bite.....but you never know. There are people out there with insane amounts of cash and a mind to match.

Taren Nighteyes

JeffB

Legend
It's been re-listed..he apprently cancelled the auction as he recieved some differing opinions for various authorities on what printing it was....

He did re-list at a lower price since the printing is in question...though it's still as rare as it gets for D&D items...

Orco42

First Post
About 2 years ago I was tempted to get one at a auction at my local store. But it was too much for me, the final bid was $220.

It was in really good shape. Either that guy on ebay is selling it for WAY too much or I missed out on a good deal.

Griswold

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
The Auction ended and no one put even a single bid on. Something i didn't notice before was the fact the seller had a buy it now price of $4,900.00. So if you thought the starting bid was insane...

:D

He has the auction up again this time with a starting bid of $1,000.00. Lets see how this one goes. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755748805

anybody want to start a betting pool as to how much he gets out of it? I'll put 5 SP on "He re-lists at $800"

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Orco42 said:
About 2 years ago I was tempted to get one at a auction at my local store. But it was too much for me, the final bid was $220.

It was in really good shape. Either that guy on ebay is selling it for WAY too much or I missed out on a good deal.

If it was a brown-box edition in even fair condition you missed a very good deal indeed.

Only 3,000 total copies were done thus. Collectors pay more than $1,000 for these rare items. The best place to sell this sort of item is at the GenCon auction where the serious collectors gather.

Gary

Remove ads