Eberron: Forging Fury [Full and Live]

Kerrz

First Post
d'Anconia: Finish up your bio and we'll start as soon as you're ready to go. Say your 'Forged was caught on the edges of Cyre when the mourning happened, and he came out suffused with magical energy. Build from there.

Amy Kou'ai: If you can't get a character bio in before d'Anconia, then you're going to be removed from the campaign - you've had four days since your last post and haven't even said that you are working on something.

Let's get going folks.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Ok, how’s this for a background – pulling the old amnesia trick. I don’t have my books at work so I’ll fill in any missing names when I get home:

Shadow’s current life starts on the Day of Mourning, when he awoke literally five feet beyond the border of the (whatever the wall of fog is called that surrounds the Mournland is called). Remembering virtually nothing of his life up to that point, he had only vague hints of recollection of the past few years. He knew he was trained to operate in stealth and in darkness, and that Sharn was home. Beyond that, there was nothing. Nothing except for one particularly puzzling fact – he was now infused with magic that he was certain he did not possess before he woke up.

Traveling back to Sharn, Shadow began to attempt to piece his life back together and master his magical abilities. In speaking with House Cannith, all Shadow was able to learn was that he was forged about a year before the Mourning as part of a special Brelandish infiltration unit and trained to strike from within enemy strongholds and bases of operation. He assumes he was in transit either to or from Cyre on a mission when the Mourning occurred, but when he returned to his unit in Breland’s army (he obtained this info from House Cannith) and began to ask for information about his assignment that day, his superiors became very evasive. Further, when he revealed his new found powers, the army confirmed that he had displayed no such powers previously, and were very hesitant about continuing to use a ‘forged so deeply and obviously affected by the Mourning. After all, what might the effects of such a contamination? Surely he could not be trusted to continue to carry out his missions. They were not sure exactly what to do with him because of his condition and as a result generally left him alone to fend for himself, although he technically remained part of the armed forces until Thronehold free all of the forged.

Shadow has spent every moment since returning to Sharn trying to recover the memories of his old life. He has devoted many hours trying to master this new found magic (as far as he can tell, no one he has asked can remember this type of magic ever being practiced before) He is also particularly interested in discovering what the nature of the mission was that fateful day. He struggles to contain a growing resentment towards the government of Breland, and indeed all of the living in general, over their stonewalling when he requests information about his former life. All he wants to know is who he was – that can’t be too much to ask, right? Having generally grown disgusted by the city around him, he gladly responded to the summons he recently received. He looked forward to working with other warforged, and escaping those around him with whom he has become so frustrated.

Kerrz

First Post
Ok, I'm going to brainstorm some material, and sometime today the game thread should be live.

Note: That means Amy Kou'ai - don't post in the game thread when it goes live until you talk to me. I cannot write you into the game because I have no idea what makes your character tick. We can fit you in if you come back, but right now I can't do anything about your character because I have no information.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Sorry, I've sorta been occupied with a few things over the weekend. I also got a copy of Five Nations in and figured I'd mine it for Cyre-based character information, though I posted a short casual background earlier, which I should probably flesh out, but. Anything else I need to know?

Kerrz

First Post
It's alright Amy, life happens.

I just need you to add into your bio (which I had forgotten about, and didn't notice in my rough scans because it is rather short, as compared to the rest of these folks) why you answered the summons and why you've stayed with the group so far. If you can, edit your bio into your character-sheet post so that the two are close together for easy access.

I have to write up a small backstory telling the tale of what you folks have been doing for Juarin, and roughly how you've been acting. As such, I need to know those few things about your character, to make things mesh together and so that I don't screw up your characters too badly. You have a shared history, which I have to write, and I want it to be as accurate as possible. Then I will be able to fill in the holes better later on.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Just replied on the IC thread. This sounds like a blast. Right up my alley. I can easily see plenty of motivation for Shadow, especially with how discouraged he is in general with the varioius goverments he's had contact with. Plus, our first trip brings us to the Mournland, and he will hopefully be able to delve a little deeper into what caused his condition on the Day of Mourning.

Remove ads