• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Queen with Burning Eyes

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tok

((OOC Pretty much everything is right, the only thing that you missed is that I wanted to keep trying at each scroll until I got it right, so I would have tried another Comprehend Languages scroll instead of ever attempting a Faerie Fire scroll. Since the DC and costs are the same, can we just drop the faerie fire scroll and turn it into a comprehend language scroll? And yes, It is all coming from craft reserve.))

"I have finished the scrolls. I had some unexpected difficulty perfecting one of the simpler scrolls, but I was successful with all of the more complex scrolls I made. I tried to anticipate a variety of situations that we might have to deal with when exploring ancient ruins. If we are all ready to go, I think I can guide us to the site based on the journal's description. Should we leave by day? Or wait until cover of nightfall. There may be...something..that doesn't want us at the site."

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus

Magnus chuckles. "Ha! The cover of the night? In this accursed hole! The night doesn't make much of a difference. It will make even less of a difference in The Cogs. Besides, if anyone wants to stop us, let them come! We will meet them with Dol Dorn's might!"

OOC: See also my note in the OOC thread. And yes, I use a lot of exclamation points with Magnus ... it's just the way he talks :p

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tok looks slightly embarassed "Right, no night obvious nighttime in the Cogs...I have been staring at scrolls far too long. Old habits. So, when do we leave?"

Blue_Genie

First Post
Eyre the 4th, 998 YK

The group gathers its few belongings and settles any outstanding bills with Harl the Stout, the inkeeper of the Pineapple. He shakes each of your hands, even that of the warforged as you part ways, "Be careful out there, lads. It's a dangerous city."

Leaving the inn, you make your way down the steep steps of Fall street. The Iron Bucket is only a few blocks away, but is located at the bottom of Lyrander Hill, which is down quite a steep slope. It is still early morning, and the residents of Downstairs are cleaning up from last night's revelries. They stand in front of tavern doors sweeping the stoop, and gathering the various broken vessels and paper decorations littering the street.

As you near the Bucket, you notice a phalanx of green-coated Sharn Watchmen walking up the street in the opposite direction from you. They carry polearms and cudgels, and look as if they've just gotten up themselves. A few of their uniforms are askew and some of them blink in the wan light of the morning sun. They seem to not be paying any particular attention to you as they pass, although you notice their sergeant giving your obvious display of weaponry a more-than-casual glance.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian

Ahh, to finally be doing something again! Sitting there at the Inn was less than enjoyable. As much as I hate being in this city at least we are finally going to go do something and from the sounds of it we do not have to go very far for some adventure. The way human’s treat where they live is unforgivable, no wonder the animal kingdom is always at odds with them.

Seeing the guard advancing up the street, I keep a watchful eye on them all, as you can never trust the people in charge. From experience they are always out for themselves and never car about anything else. Even now you can see one of them giving us the once over, calculating if he can possibly get something out of us, or if we are too much trouble. Move along little man, you do not want to test me so early in the morning.

Bobitron

Explorer
Saric Acoma, Hum Ranger 3

Saric strolls down the street, happy to be on the move. Even while a citizen of Cyre, he had spent most of his time on the move rather than tied down to a specific place, and it would be good to have grass or dirt rather than hard stone beneath his feet. He took a quick mental inventory of his equipment, and finding no shortcomings, allowed himself a slight smile. My legs were getting sore from lack of motion, he thought.

Wrapping his travel cloak tight to fend off the cool morning air, he had to slow down to allow the party to catch up. A bit anxious, eh?, he thought. No point in getting far ahead.

Slowing his steps to keep the group together, he gave a nod to the sergeant looking him over, standing with a group of Watchmen standing nearby.

Saric leans in close to Hobbes, whispering, "Why do I get nervous everytime they come around? I have done nothing wrong. Best to ignore them, I suppose."

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, deep in his own thoughts, failed to notice the city guard pass by. His attention is currently riveted on the towers of Sharn, as he attempts to understand the engineering that must have been required to create them. Failing to watch where he is going, he accidentally bumps into Magnus.

"Oh, I am sorry, I must pay more attention to where I am walking." He gives Magnus a hand to steady him from the bump. Readjusting his gear, he resumes his ponderings.

Blue_Genie

First Post
The guards pass you on the way up the stairs as you continue making your way down the stairs to the "Bucket". You can see the early morning sun, cutting through the haze that surrounds the Menthis Plateau, and a few skycoaches dot the sky high overhead, making their ways between the wealthier quarters of Everbright and Cassan Bridge. A few drunks, human, goblinoid and even a few gnomes and halflings, stagger about, still up from the night before and making their zig-zagging way home.

You finally reach the small square where the Iron Bucket is located. In the center is a small fountain, crowded with servants from the neighborning bars and taverns. They chat and gather water, carrying it back to their stoops where they are washing the sidewalks. At the center of the fountain is a small statue of a winged horse.

Two enormous towers reach up into the blue-grey spring sky, Thurias Tower on your left and Seventh Tower on your right. The Iron Bucket is one of many taverns built into the base of Thurias tower, and has a large, wrought-iron sign displaying, you guessed it, a bucket. A young human man and woman are cleaning the street in front of it with mops and brushes, trying to erase the signs of last night's revelries.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss steps around the people doing the cleaning and opens the door. He looks inside. Unless something appears obviously out of place, he heads in.

Bobitron

Explorer
SARIC ACOMA

Saric catches Anvuss' attention before he enters the front door. "I am going to take a moment to inspect the area for another exit." He nods towards, the front door with a grin, his teeth flashing from underneath his hood.

"I hate going in a place without a back-up plan."

OOC: I'm not really sure how this place is laid out, but take a peek for another exit. Hopefully it is obvious. If there is another exit (perhaps from the kitchen?), make careful note of it and then follow the group inside.

Remove ads