[Eberron] Queen with Burning Eyes

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus

"Really, Saric, first Tok now you. Let's not be paranoid. The warforgeds that attacked us last time were defeated and we had no troubles at the inn. I don't see how this will be any different. Anyway, do what you must, I'm heading in." Magnus approaches the cleaning crew. "Good morning to you, young folks! Sorry to bother you but my companions and I have business in the Cogs. We heard this inn feature a magical platform that can take us there. Now, can you tell me where we need to go? And if there's any fees?"

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian

Visibly sighing, "Not another Tavern?" God this city, do they have nothing buy buildings and filth? Hopefully we will reach our destination soon and we will be done with this city for good. My displeasure with this place is almost palpable.

Blue_Genie

First Post
The young man looks up and straightens immediately when Magus approaches him. You would say that he is in his early teens, and has dark olive skin and black hair, like many of the humans to be found in this part of Kharvaire. He looks a bit surprised to see a group of your size walking around at this hour of the morning, "Yes, sirs, there's a platform inside the Bucket that takes you down to the Blackbones. It's only a modest charge of 5 cp a head. I'm sure we could scare together some breakfast if you'd be interested. My friend an I make a pretty good egg and fish omlette." Noticing Anvuss he notes, "Are you folks going down to the Red Hammer?"

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, Warforged Fighter 2

"Tell us of the Red Hammer, if you would, sir." Anvuss says, turning halfway around in the doorway and looking at the man. Could this Red Hammer be related to the Foundry? Anvuss isn't certain he aproves of the man's inquiry into their business, though it seems unlikely he is related to the assasins.

Anvuss looks once more into the bucket. Is there anyone in there? Then he turns back to listen to the man's reply.

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
Looking into the Iron Bucket you see a wide set of steps going down, ending in a very large, circular room. Dominating the center of the room, is a small rise which gives way to a large hole, about 30 feet in diameter. Suspended in the middle of it is a massive wrought-iron cage which seems to be riding a beam of pure light. These kinds of lifts can be found all over the city, carrying people and products between the many levels of Sharn. This one only seems to go down.

Around the hole are arranged many tables and chairs, and a large, wooden bar occupies the far wall. There is also a door in the left wall, leading off to what is probably a kitchen area, judging from the banging pots and the smell of cooking food. A few employees, mostly human and halfling, are busy cleaning the floor, tables and chairs, and two bartenders are busy around the bar. The only non-waitstaff are two burly bugbears who seem to be playing cards at one of the tables, clad in leather armor and carrying large truncheons tied to their belts. They briefly look up when you poke your head in, then go back to their game.

Outside, the boy gives the warforged a quizzical look, "You've never heard of the Red Hammer? You must not be from around here. It's an inn down in the Blackbones, run by two machine-men like you, Blue and Crucible. They're mighty scary to look at, but when they've passed through here theyv'e been respectable enough."

Patlin

Explorer
"Thank you for the information. Could I trouble you further for directions to the Red Hammer?"

It's strange, Anvuss thinks, but with recent events I must view the prospect of meeting my fellow warforged with warriness. The Lord of Blades apparently feels no kinship with me, and warforged unknown to me are far more likely to have his interests at heart than my own. Still, best to get directions even if only so that we can be sure to avoid the place.

OOC: I'm a little foggy on what Anvuss did that's got the Lord of Blades out to have him killed. Could you clarify this a bit? I would think that if Anvuss had been aproached peacefully by agents of the Lord of Blades, he would have at least considered cooperating with them. Perhaps they attacked with no attempt at diplomacy or negotiation?

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
OOC: Just to recap your "difficulties" with followers of the Lord of Blades from the "Forgotten Forge" adventure. Basically, the adventure starts with you coming across a warforged killing an older man in the University District (located above where you are now). After dispatching him, you discover from Lady Elaydren d'Cannith that the warforged was a disciple of the Lord of Blades, who has established himself in the Mournland, and is amassing a following of fellow warforged. His main tenets (as far as you know) is that warforged are incapable of living with other species (as they are inferior bags of flesh) and require a seperate homeland where they can grow in power, and support each other. This philosophy is in direct opposition to the treaties signed by the various nations of Khorvaire (and most of House Cannith, who created the warforged in the first place), which state that warforged should become integrated and accepted by other peoples and cultures. (Also note that there is strong anti-warforged sentiment in most of Khorvaire, especially among the less-educated classes. Some see them as unfair competition for labor, some see them as painful reminders of a terrible war, and some are simply scared of them.)

Getting back to the recounting of your last encouters, Lady d'Cannith also told you that the Lord of Blades was after the same part of the schema which you eventually recovered, which is why Bonal Geldem was attacked. You never actually discoverd the true use of the schema.

Later, in your exploration of the "Forgotten Forge" in the Cogs, you were attacked by a second agent of the Lord of Blades, who seemed to be after the same schema.

You have not been attacked since.

The boy shivers a bit, and shakes his head in the negative, "Er, no sir. I wouldn't go down there if you paid me a hundred gold, too dangerous. I guess you could ask the two bugbears inside, they go down to a goblin bar which is down there somewhere and might know where the Red Hammer is." He then gets back to his work of cleaning the sidewalk.

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus

"What if I paid you a thousand gold pieces?" The big man laughs. "Ha, ha, don't look at me like that, kid! I'm just fooling around. We don't have this kind of money." Magnus' face takes a more serious expression. "I understand your fear but know that there's is nothing to be afraid of. The great Dol Dorn watches over us and, with his might by our side, all fears seem ridiculous. Let me tell you of the time he saved me." Magnus goes on to tell the story of his battle with the Karrnathi undead and of the mysterious power that took hold of his sword at the time. If the young man still appears interested, he will continue preaching the dogma of Dol Dorn to him.

Later, in the inn, Magnus talks to the other members of his group. "I think one of us should talk to these bugbears. They might not be the most trustworthy fellows but if we can get some directions to these forges we are looking for, it might be worth it."

OOC: Anyone got a better charisma then Magnus' 12?

Bobitron

Explorer
Saric Acoma

Saric rolles his eyes. This must be the tenth time I have heard this tale, he thought, grimacing inwardly. Or maybe I'm thinking of that other one he tells? I lose track of all the stories.

"Well, I think Magnus is right. Someone should check with those brutes. Tok? What do you think? Up for a little conversation?"

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
GPEKO said:
Magnus goes on to tell the story of his battle with the Karrnathi undead and of the mysterious power that took hold of his sword at the time. If the young man still appears interested, he will continue preaching the dogma of Dol Dorn to him.
The youth seems entranced to hear the story of the battle from far away and the miraculous occurence. After a short while, however, the girl tugs him on his sleeve and whispers something in his ear. The boy immediately looses the far-away look in his eyes and stammers, "I'm sorry, sir, but I've got to get back to me work. Thank you for the story, though." He gives you a shy smile and gets back to his mop.

Remove ads