Eberron: RPGA campaign character rules posted

Bagpuss

Legend
Odd you don't get a bonus feat-like ability for using the 'right' D&D miniature for your fastplay character, like you did in the Legend of the Green Regent.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
Odd you don't get a bonus feat-like ability for using the 'right' D&D miniature for your fastplay character, like you did in the Legend of the Green Regent.
I definitely think that it says that you do. Somewhere near the end of the document I beleive.

Bagpuss

Legend
I'll have another look, I only scanned the character sheets, since it mentioned it on the coversheets of those for the LGR campaign.

Oh yeah it mentions it at the bottom of page 3 of the main document, but it doesn't look like they have decided what they are yet as there is no mention on the character sheets.

So how long do you think that Kobold wizard will last?

Last edited:

Feanor Starym

First Post
Andor said:
Good freaking lord. They failed to put the Warshaper on the restricted list. *shakes head* Fools. Looks like it's a changeling fighter/warshaper for me. :]

-Andor

Umm.. Changelings get Disguise Self, not Alter self, so they don't qualify for Warshaper....

tylerthehobo

Explorer
Again, something on the cards...

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if warshaper or some other extended abilities / prestige classes appear on round 2 of the campaign cards.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Blue Sky said:
So, I'm not too clear on this program. I don't go to cons, so the homeplay sounds cool, but I'm not too clear on the mechanic of the campaign cards. I sign up, and when my adventures are reported, I get cards in the mail, which let me access more stuff. Do I get random cards, or is it based on a list? And what if I don't get the cards I want? Can I trade with a fellow player? And what about my group? Does everyone have to be a member? Can we pool our campaign cards?Where can I find info on how to become a DM?

Answers:
You will get a series of the cards.
You are allowed to trade cards with fellow players
Yes, everyone in your group has to get an RPGA number (free). Order some sign-up cards by emailing the RPGA at: RPGAHQ@wizards.com. have them send you a card for each of your players (and then a couple extras just in case you have other friends who want to play too).
Yes, you can pool your campaign cards (see special rules).
DM: Go to RPGA.com and click on "run games"
DM: also, sign up for: www.yahoogroups.com/group/eberronDMs

jh

Glyfair

Explorer
Blue Sky said:
So, I'm not too clear on this program. I don't go to cons, so the homeplay sounds cool, but I'm not too clear on the mechanic of the campaign cards.

Basically, if you are an RPGA member who's signed up for the rewards program, you earn a certain number of points for playing in an adventure. Periodically (every few months?) they send out the cards based on how many points you earned.

So, if you are a beginning player, you don't get access to any of the options these cards allow you (unless you borrow them from another player, or obtain them from eBay or the like). Two cards were given away on eBay (allowing access to two of the Dragonmarked houses, feats and prestige classes).

These basically seem to be classified into three different categories. One is to reward players for loyalty (cards that give everyone a bonus during a game), one that presumbably restricts powerful or complicated options to those who are experienced players and the last to limit those things that are supposed to be rare in the world.

What really hurts a new player is if you have more cards, you get more action points to spend.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Could someone please tell me the point buy they are using for Mark of Heroes? For some reason, I can't open up the campaign standards.

ohGr

First Post
Feanor Starym said:
Umm.. Changelings get Disguise Self, not Alter self, so they don't qualify for Warshaper....

Irrelevant. Changelings have the Shapechanger subtype, which qualifies them regardless. Shifters too.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Shazman said:
Could someone please tell me the point buy they are using for Mark of Heroes? For some reason, I can't open up the campaign standards.

You probably need a more recent version of Adobe Reader. (I'm using 6.0)

It is Standard Point Buy (25 pts)

Cheers!

Remove ads