Eberron: RPGA campaign character rules posted

heirodule

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
And thus begins the end of Living Greyhawk. :]

How do you figure. Aside from the campaign coming to the close of its stated 5 year arc, (but continuing with plently of new blood and new scenarios), Nothing about LG is ending.

And what about an Eberon "D&D campaign" is going to offer the same as a Living Campaign in terms of play experience?

erian_7

First Post
Glyfair said:
So, if you are a beginning player, you don't get access to any of the options these cards allow you (unless you borrow them from another player, or obtain them from eBay or the like). Two cards were given away on eBay (allowing access to two of the Dragonmarked houses, feats and prestige classes).

There are three up on eBay right now (go here; note I am not the seller). You can usually find several going up on any given week, just do a search for RPGA (self-plug, if you search right now you'll find my Green Regent module Book Knowledge selling for over $5! Again, I'm not the seller on that one either). Since our group only plays homegames and we share cards, I sell quite a few on eBay as well. During the Green Regent run of cards, some actually sold for over $100 a piece (the General cards that could also be used in the Living Greyhawk campaign). This go around, however, the RPGA has greatly increased the number of cards going out, so I don't expect prices to go that high at all. Between the six of us that play, we got two full sets, plus 13 more cards--at least those 13 are going up this weekend sometime.

Anyway, point is new folks can usually trade (Emirikol's site he linked has a trade database) or get them on eBay, and the ones that are good for the campaign (the Creation and Expansion cards) generally sell for no more than $5 or so.

Eric

Last edited:

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Knightfall1972 said:
And the beginning of WotC getting Erik Mona to write a Greyhawk Campaign Setting. :cool:

At least, I wish it was so. :p

Thanks for the compliment, but don't hold your breath. I'd love to do it, but I'm (obviously) not the only part of the equation.

--Erik

Glyfair

Explorer
MerricB said:
You probably need a more recent version of Adobe Reader. (I'm using 6.0)

If so, it must be pretty old. I can't upgrade to 6.0 (because I have an early version of Win 98) and I had no problem opening it and printing it out.

Fedifensor

Explorer
erian_7 said:
There are three up on eBay right now (go here; note I am not the seller). You can usually find several going up on any given week, just do a search for RPGA (self-plug, if you search right now you'll find my Green Regent module Book Knowledge selling for over $5! Again, I'm not the seller on that one either). Since our group only plays homegames and we share cards, I sell quite a few on eBay as well. During the Green Regent run of cards, some actually sold for over $100 a piece (the General cards that could also be used in the Living Greyhawk campaign).

Magic the Gathering-like collectormania doesn't impress me, especially when other RPGA campaigns start everyone on the same playing field - no special cards required to create the character you want. The 25-point buy doesn't thrill me, either...the term 'hero' is a bit dubious with only 25 points. Looks like I'll be giving Living Eberron a pass, and hope someone offers Eberron as a home game instead.

Lucias

First Post
Fedifensor said:
Magic the Gathering-like collectormania doesn't impress me, especially when other RPGA campaigns start everyone on the same playing field - no special cards required to create the character you want. The 25-point buy doesn't thrill me, either...the term 'hero' is a bit dubious with only 25 points. Looks like I'll be giving Living Eberron a pass, and hope someone offers Eberron as a home game instead.

Last time I checked, high stats alone does not a hero make.

PA Kid

First Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor Starym
Umm.. Changelings get Disguise Self, not Alter self, so they don't qualify for Warshaper....

Irrelevant. Changelings have the Shapechanger subtype, which qualifies them regardless. Shifters too.
--------------------------------------

Looked this up because it caught my eye. Sure you can qualify for warshaper due to the shapechanger subtype, but it gets you absolutely nothing.

All the warshper abilities only work in an alternate form. Neither the changeling (disguise self) or shifter (rage variation) actually give you an alternate form. Now combine it with weretouched master and it looks pretty sweet.

Pat

Remove ads