Eberron: RPGA campaign character rules posted

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
John Q. Mayhem said:
This is freaking strange-swashbucklers are restricted. Swashbuckler. In a specifically swashbuckling setting. Very odd...

I noticed that too... I don't understand the rationale for allowing some of the things they allow and restricting some of the things they restrict...

Plane Sailing

Emirikol said:
Someone was already kind enough to list all 181 variations of the 25 point buy on the Eberron: Mark of Heroes discussion groups:

I can't get into yahoo groups for some reason, but I'd like to see these variations. Any chance you could send it in an email to me? my email address is in the Meta forum along with the other moderators.

Cheers

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Plane Sailing said:
I noticed that too... I don't understand the rationale for allowing some of the things they allow and restricting some of the things they restrict...

All new classes are automatically restricted in RPGA Campaigns. However, you can play them if you have the right campaign card.

Cheers!

Andor

First Post
PA Kid said:
Quote:

Looked this up because it caught my eye. Sure you can qualify for warshaper due to the shapechanger subtype, but it gets you absolutely nothing.

All the warshper abilities only work in an alternate form. Neither the changeling (disguise self) or shifter (rage variation) actually give you an alternate form. Now combine it with weretouched master and it looks pretty sweet.

Pat

Actually the changeling ability is explicitly stated to be an actuall physical change. It's a supernatural ability not a spell like one. In fact the only difference between the doppelganger change shape and the changeling minor change shape is the word minor and that the changeling is limited to alternate shapes that could be described within the limits of the disguise self spell while a doppelganger can look like any humanoid.

Staffan

Legend
John Q. Mayhem said:
This is freaking strange-swashbucklers are restricted. Swashbuckler. In a specifically swashbuckling setting. Very odd...
Probably because they restrict all base classes from the Complete books.

Plane Sailing

MerricB said:
All new classes are automatically restricted in RPGA Campaigns. However, you can play them if you have the right campaign card.

OK, I understand. It is the difference between Core Classes and Prestige Classes in RPGA that I'd not 'got'

Cheers

That whole card thing is a real turnoff to me, frankly. But luckily, I've already got an Eberron game to be part of without having to be "living" about it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
It would be neat to set up a Living EN World type Living Eberron. I don't have the time, nor the resources, but it would certainly be cool. Perhaps build it in such a way that it supports off-line play.

Staffan

Legend
Does anyone know if you can buy partially-charged wands in order to defray the quintuple cost for consumables? IME, you rarely use up an entire wand in the course of a single adventure (with the possible exception of Cure Light Wounds-wands).

Remove ads