Eberron "Side Trek" (OOC); Roll Call

Bront

The man with the probe
MavrickWeirdo said:
can be either, or both (for example you might know one PC, but not another)

In your equiptment list please note if a magic item was made by you or purchaced. I'll "line item" it.
Not likely to know anyone then, unless someone else is from where I'm from and dragged me to Valenar.

Complete to 5th btw.

Good luck, I had trouble figuring out the Line-item myself. I hope this info helps:

Basicly, Here's the breakdown.
Code:
	Reserve	Spent
L1	20	5
L2	40	
L3	60	15
L4	80	68
L5	100	90
Items not crafted: 5 Sunrods, Backpack, Masterwork Tools, Warforged Repair Kit.
Items crafted at L1: All 5 1st level spell scrolls (the ones that cost 12.5 each)
Items crafted at L2: Nothing Yet
25% GP craft discount after this due to Extrordinary Artisan
Items crafted at L3: The Potions and 2nd level spell scrolls (At caster level 1), any masterwork item.
25% XP craft discount after this due to Legendary Artisan
Items crafted at L4: Cloack of Resistance +1, Goggles of Minute Seeing
Items crafted at L5: +2 Armor Enchantment, +1 Weapon Enchantment, and Weapon Familiar

I have an excel spreadsheet I used to figure everything out, I can e-mail you if needed.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
I'm planning on approving characters about 32 hours from now (hopefully).

I'll be able to answer simple questions before then, but it's unlikely I'll be able to numbers crunch till then.

With luck I'll be able to start us off 24 hours after that.

If anyone else is interested, there are still openings.

OK, I have a little bit of a crazy idea, so I wanted to ride it past you. A Child of Winter goblin shaman (i.e. druid) who rides his animal companion giant wasp. Too crazy?

Ferrix

Explorer
I was thinking a Valenar Elf warrior of some kind. Would you be open to perhaps a ranger with a slightly altered combat style focusing on mounted combat, animal companion being a valenar horse?

Or perhaps just a Valenar Elf Fighter?

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Branding Opportunity said:
OK, I have a little bit of a crazy idea, so I wanted to ride it past you. A Child of Winter goblin shaman (i.e. druid) who rides his animal companion giant wasp. Too crazy?

I'll need to consider that...

O.k. I had a chance to look at my books.

If you take Children of Winter Feat 1st level, then Vermin Companion Feat 3rd Level, then you can have a Giant Wasp Animal Companion.

To ride it requires an exotic/military saddle: 60 gp, 40 lbs.
If you want barding/armor for the wasp, it weighs the same as normal armor, but costs twice as much (leather barding would be 20 gp & 15 lbs.)

When you are riding it the wasps fly speed is reduced to 40 ft. (good manuverability)

Maximum weight it can carry while flying is 150 lbs (including you & saddle).

(Use Halfling weight/height tables to determin your character's weight.)

Wasp is not able to attack while carrying a rider.

Sound fair?

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Ferrix said:
I was thinking a Valenar Elf warrior of some kind. Would you be open to perhaps a ranger with a slightly altered combat style focusing on mounted combat, animal companion being a valenar horse?

Either is fine

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:

You may want to simply take the ranger as is, and use either archery (probably works better) or two weapon fighting (if you want to use the double scimitar) and just take the mounted feats normaly (There aren't that many). You can get Mounted Combat and either Ride-by or Mounted Archery to start, and you'll be about as well setup as you would with a mounted combat style.

D20Dazza

Explorer
I think I'll go the rogue then, he can set up flanking opportunities with his fastieth. I'm unlikely to have time to get anything together tonight though, State of Origin is on (Queensland versus New South Wales in the Rugby League - 25th year and traditionally a bash fest), so that will mean a beer or two and a focus on the TV instead of the PC.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Quick question, do Talenta Halflings get weapon familiarity with the Boomerang and Tangat? I can't find it anywhere so it looks not. Seems silly that they don't but a number of other races do with their racial weapons.

And another one, can you have mage bred dinosaurs??

Cheers

Daz

Last edited:

Remove ads