• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron - The dawn of the warforged (recruitment closed)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ah, the dreaded thingamagingy, a deadly artifact that does whoknowswhat, guarded by howwouldweknow beyond the bounds of notevenonamap.

But seriously, I do like the idea of discovering the disabled warforged. We were in a particularly remote area (Khyber cavern, Demon Wastes, ruins in Xen'drik)? Or did this happen in the Mournland?

EvilPlatypus

First Post
It is most unwise to mock the dreaded thingamagingy. You do so at the peril of your immortal soul.

I imagine that the mournland would be a bit much for the kalashtar. Any location would do really, from the depths of khyber to the jungles of Xendrik, the undercrofts of Sharn, a Darghuul ruin, a planegate in the shadow reaches... I kinda leave it up to you guys/girls.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I just had a brilliant idea! (Or at least I think it's so.) I've been re-reading all my Eberron books in preparation for a short campaign with my local gaming group, just as a point.

Now, in parts of Sarlona, particularly near the Tashana Tundra, but also in northern Riedra, there are aukaraks, or reality storms, where intense manifest zones sweep across the land. And that's not the only place on Sarlona where there are very weak planar boundaries (there are certain manifest zones guarded by an organization called the Edgewalkers). What if our kalashtar were caught up in one of theses reality storms while on a mission and were shunted through one of the planes to...

...a planar gate in the Shadow Marches, where a group of battered warforged are mostly sunk in the muck and hence overlooked when the rest of their squad had to pull out of the region, some 3-4 years ago, when they were looking for some ancient weapon/eldritch machine that could aid their army/House.

The kalashtar are far from home, and the warforged are far from their army.

And together, they fight crime! Or search ruins for things. Or rob tombs.

All that jazz.

What say thee, group?

TillForPie

First Post
One's a group of runaways from a remote mountaintop monastery, the other's a group of abandoned killer robots from the last war. Together they fight crime! Wednesdays at 6pm, only on NBC.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sounds great. I'd watch it -- or rather, I'll be playing in it. :D

As for holidays and such: Nothing planned yet. I do occasionally have internet-free days (only a few at a time), but in those cases I'll try to post as soon as I can.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
What's the preferred way of stat generation, O most vile of monotremes? Point-buy? Is so, how much? Roll? If so, which method? Standard wealth? Any special rules on gear, given that we were owned at the time of our disablement?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads