• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron - The dawn of the warforged (recruitment closed)

EvilPlatypus

First Post
There are only a limited number of Quori spirits, and Kalashtar count having the same spirit as a family tie. So RN and TFP's characters could have the same Quori spirit. It means that you should both be of the same gender, and I'll give the two of you a permanent mindlink-like ability. Should you have the chance, read the chapter about kalashtar in the 'races of eberon'. There's a few character options and prestige classes specific to the setting you might want to have a look at.

Also : the kalashtar either live in the hidden valleys on Adar, or in one of the enclaves in the five nations. The enclaves are usually small districts in large cities, such as Sharn.

As for the arcane/psi squad : we'll need to decide on who owned you during the war. It could be any of the nations/dragonmarked houses. Be asured that the choice will have concequences. Because of the less-then-usual warforged you won't be that old, since most of the advanced variations were only produced during the final years of the conflict.

So let's decide on what faction the WF belonged to, and then we'll figure out a way to get the two groups together, maybe do a bit of an intro/prelude kind a thingamagingy at lower level, then ad a few levels and get cracking.

The summer hollidays are coming up, I can imagine that some of us might be afk for a bit at various times. Anyone have an idea yet on how that's going to affect their gaming? I'll be afk the first two weeks of july on a camping trip with the wife and kiddies, as good as no contact with the world-wide-web.

Keep the ideas flowing.

Evil Platypus

TillForPie

First Post
There are only a limited number of Quori spirits, and Kalashtar count having the same spirit as a family tie. So RN and TFP's characters could have the same Quori spirit. It means that you should both be of the same gender, and I'll give the two of you a permanent mindlink-like ability.
Sounds good to me.

EvilPlatypus said:
Also : the kalashtar either live in the hidden valleys on Adar, or in one of the enclaves in the five nations. The enclaves are usually small districts in large cities, such as Sharn.
I'd been thinking that Valharath's from Adar. As a Lightbringer he's spent the vast majority of his adult life in meditation, doing his part to shape a future free of the Dark. There are a lot of reasons he and Roshitash could have left their homeland but it'd probably be best if it was linked to why they're traveling with warforged.

The summer hollidays are coming up, I can imagine that some of us might be afk for a bit at various times. Anyone have an idea yet on how that's going to affect their gaming?
Rubber's visiting me at the end of June so there'll probably be a week where there are delays from both of us. Other than that the summer shouldn't affect my availability. I know Rubber's got other stuff going on over the summer but I'll let him speak for himself.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'm either going far too available or have a sudden and unexpected bout of unavailability. ;)

Meaning, I am currently unemployed and looking for a job. Should I get one of the jobs I'm hoping to get, it will require a move to a new state.

Shayuri

First Post
lol

Nothing too disruptive on my horizon.

I think the warforged squad could have been a sort of 'proof of concept' unit. A prototype or test. Experimental warforged assembled into an experimental unit designed to reproduce the devastation of an experienced mage and support units with none of that pesky years of apprenticeship and cantankerousness so on required to field them.

But then the Mourning came, and the appetite of the world for mass arcane devastation became rather flooded. Oh, and the war ended.

It seems likely we were probably under the thumb of Cannith itself, given that idea. They might have loaned us out to another House, perhaps, but they'd have retained ownership.

Rubberneck

First Post
Yah at the end of June beginning of July I'll be travelling around. A week visiting my buddy TFP and then another 10 days or so where I'll be hitting the east coast to spread my dad's ashes. So during that time I'll be with family. It shouldn't be an issue, I'll probably still be posting using my phone.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Hey Rubberneck, sorry to year you lost your father.

If you're owned by house Cannith you probably would still be owned, they're not the ones to give their warforged freedom. Then again, if your 'master' got killed while on a mission and you'd hear from others you're set free, or maybe you got picked up by those two kalashtar.

You could be sold as an 'adventurer set' to any agency/nation, That could be an option as wel.

Shayuri

First Post
My sense is that Cannith doesn't own warforged anymore. They were emancipated at the end of the Last War. Owning them now would legally be slavery.

Or perhaps that situation is where our kalashtar friends came in. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
There's also the possibility that the warforged were made in the secret creation forge in the bowels of Sharn, and hence might not have been aware that the warforged had been emancipated until, say, the start or near the beginning of the campaign. Perhaps the kalashtar free us, or we were sent to capture them or something they had with them, and they manage to convince us we're being used, or break off some warforged component that's keeping us tied to Baron Merrix. Then we all go on the run together and have adventures, but always one step ahead of an irate House Cannith and the Dreaming Dark to boot...

EvilPlatypus

First Post
While officially free, there's a few exceptions. House Cannith simply didn't tell the warforged they own in the house enclaves that they are free, seeing them as property. In Karrnath and Thrane the Warforged are being used as indentured servants, the cost of their repairs being deducted from their wages, which keeps them indentured forever..

It also helps that Warforged didn't have a concept of freedom, they were made and trained believing they were property, and used to obeying commands. Freedom is a very scary thing for quite a lot of 'em, and a number of them are quite content to keep on obeying orders without having to think about concequences (which makes them very human in my personal opinion, just look at the news...).

One more peculiar thing about warforged is that, when they are at negative hitpoints (-1 -> -10) they don't start dying, they get disabled, they power down, for an infinite time untill repaired. So another possible storyline is that while on a mission some heavy fertiliser happened, killing the human(s) and possibly a number of warforged leaving the survivors disabled. Maybe the kalashtar noticed the psionic signature of the psi-forged and came to investigate, stumbled upon them by accident, were looking for the same thingamagingy the WF were looking for, ....

Remove ads