[Eberron] The Forgotten Forge

Knight Otu

First Post
Flawed cautiously enters the foundry. It had not been quite sure what to expect - certainly no creation forge like the one it came from, but somehow, the foundry still looked eerily alien to the warforged wizard. The night - or was it night? - spent in the foundry for the fleshfolk to heal did nothing to reduce the alien-ness Flawed felt. Yet, this was a Cannith foundry - should it not feel some familiarity? Or was it too afraid of punishment by House Cannith for its flaw?

Krug

Newshound
"Wooohoo! We hit the motherlode!" says Plonk. He displays the various items. "Perhaps some of them might be magical!" He makes an Artificer check on the mace and rapier.

He wonders about the forge and how to activate it... He looks at the rods the Iron Dogs dropped. "So there must be a third rod somewhere?"

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Plonk: [Artificer checks, rolls of 17 and 12 on d20, +3 Artificer knowledge, totals 20 and 15, two successes] Neither item is magical.

OOC: The heavy mace is masterwork (balanced), granting a +1 quality bonus to initiative. The rapier is masterwork (decorative), granting a +1 quality bonus to Diplomacy checks when the character has the weapon in view. [Both qualities are taken directly from Green Ronin's Black Company Campaign Setting and only grant the bonuses listed above — neither one grants a bonus to hit.]

Old Fezziwig

Plonk: Sure enough, half in and half out of the rubble are the remains of another iron defender. Unfortunately, the wrong half (the back half) is sticking out from underneath the rubble. You'll have to move the pile to get at the head and, presumably, the third rod.

Krug

Newshound
Plonk calls to the others. "I could use a hand..or two..or three!"

He also informs the rest about the abilities of the weapons as they try to extract the rod. "Should do you more good than me."

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannons gets up and walks over to the shelves and picks up the high-quality heavy mace and the two sunrods. These should prove useful... He then walks over to Plonk and Flawed to help move the rubble.

OOC: I've noted the new equipment on my character sheet.

Old Fezziwig

OOC: Just as an FYI, Rawhide is still unconscious, and I'm assuming, based on MadMaxim's post before y'all rested that he would have healed the shifter at some point. MadMaxim can decide what slot he uses to cast the cure light wounds spell.

Rawhide: [cure light wounds, roll of 7 on 1d8+1, 8 hp healing]

Everyone: You move the rubble, revealing the body of the crushed defender. A pentagonal rod lies next to the gears and plates that composed his head. It matches the third slot perfectly.

OOC: I'm assuming that you place the rods in the slots. In what order do you insert them?

Krug

Newshound
"Maybe we should try inserting them at the same time," says Plonk to the others. "We would take up position and then push them in.. Three of us.. and maybe the fleabag. What d'ya think?" He gulps, slightly nervous.

Remove ads