• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - OOC (FULL)

hero4hire

Explorer
Having to use your action to have the wolf attack, dash, etc is pretty terrible. Especially at higher levels. I will surely abide by it if that ends up being the rule. But unless I need the wolf to run away, I will never really use it.

He is around mostly for flavor/coolness factor.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
I like that he could Help in combat giving you advantage. Bad until it is a bonus action, but you need to start at the bottom of the ladder and all that.

tglassy

Adventurer
Why don’t you look at the Revised Ranger Beastmaster. It’s much better than the Vanilla one. Basically, instead of getting a second attack, the animal companion can attack when you use the attack action.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
NP, I have been slow rolling this because I am not to familiar with the characters yet. Wanted to a make sure no oe wanted any other info or to try scouting about the boat or anything of that nature, so I did wish to railroad ahead.

I am writing up a "moving forward" post and will post in tomorrow, as WED is my free day to do a lot of writing and catching up.

Remove ads