• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elements of Magic Comments

nharwell

Explorer
missing spells

I noticed that several spells are referenced that are not in the book. Were these cut for space? If so, might they appear in a future supplement?

Some examples are Telekinesis (mentioned p.15) and Glamers/Change Self (mentioned p.20 & 84). I suspect the "missing" spell lists would cover many of the PHB spells that aren't in EoM...

G.A. Donis

First Post
I just bought EoM and haven't quite digested it all yet, but I think Telekinesis would fall under the "Infuse Object with [air, force, life or sonic]. Those elements give the flight ability when used with Infuse Creature with [element].

G.A. Donis

First Post
Evoke Life

I noticed that Jennas the Hind uses evoke life 1 as a cure light wounds. She uses this as a touch spell with a focus. Would it screw things up (balance wise) if a mage was allowed to use the ray or missile versions of this spell to cure HP damage? This could be pretty handy (not to mention cinematicly cool). I would think that it would still require a successful ranged touch attack.

On a similar note, the evoke area life spell would be an area effect healing? Am I interpreting this correctly? A burst of white light and everybody in the area of effect (15' fan) is healed 1d8+1/level for the first level spell?

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon (I'm looking forward to the faq). So far the book looks very good and I'm looking forward learning how to use this system and to future books that may add to it.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Re: Evoke Life

G.A. Donis said:
I noticed that Jennas the Hind uses evoke life 1 as a cure light wounds. She uses this as a touch spell with a focus. Would it screw things up (balance wise) if a mage was allowed to use the ray or missile versions of this spell to cure HP damage? This could be pretty handy (not to mention cinematicly cool). I would think that it would still require a successful ranged touch attack.

Yes, you can cure at a distance with Evoke Life. You do have to make a successful ranged touch attack. You can heal undead with Evoke Death the same way.

The FAQ is indeed a casualty of the holidays. I'm still working on it, though. :)

Slander

Explorer
Patch Utility

First, lemme give a heartfelt "Thanks" for this book. I'd been attempting to create a Tal-like magic system ever since I downloaded a copy of the 4th Edition preview, and even if it wasn't your intention, you blended the openness of the Tal system with d20 masterfully. My group and I will be singing your praises for some time :).

After reading this thread I noticed you were not sure if you could make a patch file for the .PDF. While this would be a Windows-only solution, I would point your attention to the following bit of software: PatchWise (http://www.hanmen.com/patchwise/pwfre.htm). It is a free application, even for commercial use (though donations are apparently appreciated), and it allows you to create executable files that can update a PDF with your changes (it can update any file, really, but the book is all that matters ;)).

For the record, no I am not in any way associated with the company ... jes looking forward to errata. Thanks again for the great product!

Slander

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
r-kelleg said:

Because none of the class ever proposed in all the D20 fantasy oriented books I saw used them

They are used in the Wheel of Time d20 RPG as well. In fact they have been used in *everything* that WotC produced since D&D... I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to make their way into the revised D&D due out later this year :)

Dave Blewer

First Post
Great Book, I am really looking forward to integrating this system into my homebrew world.

*This post in no way should be seen as my blatant attempt to subscribe to this thread so that I can get easy notification of the patch.*

:D

Remove ads