• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Elminster/Drizzt 2016 T-Shirt: I wonder what that means.

Corpsetaker

First Post
I just saw on the Armour Class 10 ad a girl wearing a t-shirt that said "Elminster/Drizzt 2016".

I wonder if that has any meaning.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
A joke because 2016 is a presidential election year? Candidate XX/Candidate YY merchandising will be everywhere as soon as the respective parties actually choose who their candidates will be.

As a dorky/geeky fun spoof, "Elminster/Drizzt 2016" for FR (books, computer games, or D&D setting) fans would make sense/be a cute money grab.

Remathilis

Legend
A joke because 2016 is a presidential election year? Candidate XX/Candidate YY merchandising will be everywhere as soon as the respective parties actually choose who their candidates will be.

As a dorky/geeky fun spoof, "Elminster/Drizzt 2016" for FR (books, computer games, or D&D setting) fans would make sense/be a cute money grab.

This.

I've seen a "Cthulhu 2016" shirt floating around as well.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
My personal favorite: Republicans for Voldemort

Mod Note: Ladies and gentlemen, we have started allowing discussion of politics and religion. However, that is 1) *Discussion*, not one-liner potshots, and 2) In threads in the Off-Topic forum, specifically marked as discussion of such topics. DO NOT put real-world political commentary in other threads. Thanks. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
In cannon, have they ever met? Elminster and Drizzt I mean. With a FR movie coming out in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in it.

tvknight415

Explorer
Cthulhu for President! Why settle for the lesser evil.

Sadly, at least in the USA, that's pretty much what it boils down to.. Which is the lesser evil.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads