• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elven Navy Delta Squad: The Elders

Mirth

Explorer
GruTheWanderer said:
Chjargal misses with the sickle this time, but the scimitar strikes true.

Chjargal lashes the beast with his scimitar, but misses with his sickle. Sensing its imminent death, the drake convulses and lashes out in all directions. Chjargal is slammed by a massive tail attack.

Feeling bolstered by the series of successful strikes, Chjargal puts all his effort into laying a deathblow on the fearsome drake. Unfortunately due to his level of concentration, the bugbear doesn't see the creature's tail whipping around behind him. The devasting blow takes all of the druid's breath away as he feels all of the ribs on his right hand side shatter. That's it then, we're all done for... he thinks as he sees Grillon's broken body fly past him through squinting eyes. Only when he feels the light touch of his hengeyokai teammate begin to knit his broken body back together does Chjargal regain enough composure to lash out with his blades one last time.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Akodo slips up behind the battling bugbear and heals him (10 hp healed, 13 remaining).

Marcus swings and misses, but his flanking position allows Chjargal to inflict a critical hit with scimitar and hit with the sickle. There is a spray of silvery fluid as the monster's head is parted from its body (25 damage).

The light from the sunrod illuminates the room, and the lack of gravity causes the space drake's corpse to hang in the center of the chamber. Four wounded members of Delta Squad survey the carnage and wonder what became of Thought Taker.

garyh

First Post
OOC: Couldn't find an OOC thread, but Jay mentioned you lost a player. If you're interested, I'd like to come back to this game, either as Theryndil or a new PC. Haven't been keeping up with this game, so I don't know what happened with Theryndil (though I seem to recall he was possessed last I saw).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus' first thought is of his teammate as the drake finally collapsed. "Secure this room, I'll check on Grillon," Marcus called out as he headed down the hallway, Cramp in one hand, drawing his wand of healing in the other. Please be alive, please be alive. I don't want to lose another friend and teammate, Marcus thought.

Mirth

Explorer
Keia said:
Marcus' first thought is of his teammate as the drake finally collapsed. "Secure this room, I'll check on Grillon," Marcus called out as he headed down the hallway, Cramp in one hand, drawing his wand of healing in the other. Please be alive, please be alive. I don't want to lose another friend and teammate, Marcus thought.

Breathing heavily, Chjargal barely glances at the dead drake before digging into his own belt. "Here," the bugbear says as he tosses his own Wand of CLW to Marcus, "drain it if you have to." With that, Chjargal looks for signs of the illithid.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Marcus hurries down the tunnel vacated by the space drake. He reaches the opening of another circular chamber. Grillon is inside, floating amidst a few pieces of clutter. Unfortunately, the dwarf is not alone. A 10-foot long version of the space drake floats near the far wall. As the light from the sunrod reaches it, the creature starts a high-pitched keening and moves tentatively forward.

Back in the central chamber, Chjargal is unable to see anything which might give a clue to the mind flayer's disappearance. The star at the center of the chamber remains inert, with one of the smaller stars missing (taken by Thought Taker). There appear to be four cabinets built into the walls, and the walls themselves bear murals beneath a layer of space dust (much of it blown into the air by the recent fighting). Most of the murals show scenes from space, depicting very alien planets: disc worlds, torus worlds, flat worlds, etc.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
GruTheWanderer said:
Marcus hurries down the tunnel vacated by the space drake. He reaches the opening of another circular chamber. Grillon is inside, floating amidst a few pieces of clutter. Unfortunately, the dwarf is not alone. A 10-foot long version of the space drake floats near the far wall. As the light from the sunrod reaches it, the creature starts a high-pitched keening and moves tentatively forward.

Great . . . just great, Marcus thought as he heard the creature begin to keen. If this is a young one, I hope daddy or mommy don't come calling, assuming we haven't already dealt with it. Sparing a glance down at Grillon, Marcus returned the wand to his belt and unlimbered Cramp. Marcus tried not to make any threatening moves and tried to think of what a space drake would eat, and if he had anything on him that he could give it.

Mirth

Explorer
GruTheWanderer said:
Back in the central chamber, Chjargal is unable to see anything which might give a clue to the mind flayer's disappearance.

Finding no sign of Thought Taker and no other immediate danger, the bugbear heads over to help Marcus with Grillon's recovery.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Akodo rushes off to check on Grillon, using any spells or skills he can to help the wounded grey dwarf.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads