Emerald's PbP game

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Thanks for the tip, Helfy - I'll take a bath before I go. It's about that time of the month anyway."

"OK. So there are no private rooms at the tea house. Then it seems they'll meet in a public space. Which means they probably won't be talking about which councilman is worshipping Nerul. They may be meeting here to travel somewhere else to really talk. I don't think the invisibility spell would last long enough to be very effective. I think we need Helfy to disguise himself and try to sit near them. I'll be stationed outside, & if they leave, I'll try to follow them discretely to wherever they go. Then we'll figure out what to do from there."

"Kaltide, don't you wizards have familiars or something. That could help us communicate perhaps. Or is yours a fish?"

Capellan

Explorer
"I don't know anything about disguising myself. Unlike some people, I have no need to be ashamed of the way I look." Cattico waves a dismissive hand, "However, if you are too scared to be our scout, I'm willing to let Kaltide cast his Invisibility spell on me."

OOC: Manzanita and I need to get into another game together so that we find out what it's like to be pleasant to each other :D

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Now, Helfy, don't get hot under the collar there. I'm perfectly willing to the be the recipient of the invisibility spell, but I think we need to have more of a plan than that. That spell will only allow us to catch a few minutes of their conversation. Even if they stay in the tea-house for the duration of their conversation and leave separately, I think we should follow at least one of them. I'm probably the best at following undetected, so I should probably wait outside, and follow one. I'm open to suggestions as to which. Maybe V'skar, since he seems to be the leader. Kaltide and his magic fish will turn Helfy or me invisible once Richard & V'skar sit down, & we will evesdrop as best he can before the spell wears off. The rest of you wait outside and follow me at a distance as I follow one, or maybe one or more of you would want to follow the other. How many invisibility spells can you cast, Kaltide? Or do you or Cid have any other usefull spells?"

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Now, Helfy, don't get hot under the collar there. I'm perfectly willing to the be the recipient of the invisibility spell, but I think we need to have more of a plan than that. That spell will only allow us to catch a few minutes of their conversation. Even if they stay in the tea-house for the duration of their conversation and leave separately, I think we should follow at least one of them. I'm probably the best at following undetected, so I should probably wait outside, and follow one.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"I'm open to suggestions as to which. Maybe V'skar, since he seems to be the leader. Kaltide and his magic fish will turn Helfy or me invisible once Richard & V'skar sit down, & we will evesdrop as best he can before the spell wears off. The rest of you wait outside and follow me at a distance as I follow one, or maybe one or more of you would want to follow the other. How many invisibility spells can you cast, Kaltide? Or do you or Cid have any other usefull spells?"

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kaltide grins,
"Yes, I figured out how to make people invisible recently, in the chapter on "how to sneak up on fish." And it'll last a good 30 minutes, dwarf. I would hope that would be long enough."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

ooc: whoops, I'd been reading the 3.5E version of the spell which last for 1 min/level. That's what I get for meta-gaming!

"OK! You're the fish-man, Kaltide! Turn me invisible & let's do it. We'll try to find a place where we can see the entrance. A couple minutes after they enter, you turn me invisible, & I'll go in there & try to evesdrop. Make some kind of noise to let me know when the time is almost up & I'll split. Then I'll follow one when they leave. If they leave in less than 30 minutes, so much the better."

Emerald

First Post
You are able to find an out of the way place where you can see the entrance and remain relatively unnoticed. You notice several people you do not recognize enter the Tea House. At 10:00 you see Richard enter the tea house accompanied by a man that fits the description of V'SKar. Both however are dress very nicely. They enter the Tea House and you see through the front window, they walk up to the staircase and talk with one of the large men gaurding the bottom, Richard shows something to them, and they are allowed to pass. They disappear up the stairs.

MerakSpielman

First Post
After a minute, Kaltide speaks, "Well, it's now or never, dwarf."

The FisherWizard waves his hands in a complex design over Reinert, chanting, "Abeo Conspicio!" As he waves his hands down Reinert, he looks for all the world like he is erasing the dwarf from existance, top to bottom. When the spell is complete moments later, Reinert can no longer be seen.

Kaltide grins, "Huh. It really works! Well, get to it, then."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Reinert says "Good job, fisherwizard. If I'm gone too long, please barge in and rescue me. You can make a plan while I evesdrop, I guess. OK, see ya!" He sneaks behind Cattivo. "HEY!! OK, I guess you can't smell me."

Reinert will run across the street into the tavern. He'll move silently to try to get upstairs to where he can hear what is said. He's paraniod that V'skar will be able to see him, and tries to hide behind a chair or something if possible. He'll keep glancing around to make sure no one runs into him by accident. He keeps his masterwork armor and long sword, but leaves his bow and sheild with the others.

Remove ads