Emerald's PbP game

Krug

Newshound
"Why can't we be doing the fighting all the time?" says Jarrad. "Oh."

He thinks of staying in the inn as well and having a honest drink. "Too much rushing around... what you reading fishman? That book have any interesting.. pictures? You know I heard about this mage whose 'spellbooks' kept more than arcane lines of sorcery..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid pays 5 gold pieces for his innstay if that's enough, leaving him with 539 gold pieces after the bridge and inn.

Cid will try and find a blacksmith willing to fit some splint mail for himself, and if possible get a large steel shield to go with it. (220 gp by PhB)

A good Golden Holy Symbol, if it can be acquired for 50 gp will be purchased as well. And a Prayer book for 10 gp.

And lastly, restocking material components for spells that require them that are known, and Cid is going to purchase 125 gold pieces worth of scribing materials to scribe the following scrolls as time permits (xp cost total is 10):

Cure Light Wounds x4
Magic Stone x2
Detect Evil x2
Shillelagh x2

134 gp left

And general gather information for knowledge religion around the region...

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Just a note to say I'll probably be unable to post again until September 1. Emerald, you know Reinert will enough to play him as an NPC until then, I hope. Looking forward to starting up again then!

Emerald

First Post
(OOC sorry for the delay but I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting onto ENWorld these day, lots of error messages and dumped replies. I composed a reply several days ago that the system dumped, it has taken me a while to get the courage to try again)

Cid You pay 5 gold pieces for your innstay. You are able to easily find a blacksmith willing to fit you some splint mail and a large steel shield to go with it. (all ware will be PHB prices)

A good Golden Holy Symbol can be acquired for 50 gp and a Prayer book for 10 gp from the local Pelor temple.

It is easy to restock your material components for spells that require them that are known, and to purchase 125 gold pieces worth of scribing materials. (Just keep track of your scrolls, I will trust that you will be honest)

You are able to gather the following information (relgious and otherwise):

The town is ruled by a council made up of the most well off merchants and nobles, 16 in all. They meet once a month and decide on town rules and regulations and other town buisness. The meetings are closed and the proclamations are posted in the main square on the 5th of each month. It is the responsibliity of each citizen to be familar with the changes to the laws.

The Temple district's main temple is Pelor, and the majority of the town and ALL the council men tythe to Pelor. There are temples to all the good gods and many of the neutral ones (I am only using PHB gods).

You push a little deeper and hear rumour that some of the council may be secretly worshiping Nerull.

Jarrad You stay at the inn have a drink or two.

Kaltide: You spend time studing your spell book.

Cattivo: You head over to the Lazy Kitten Tea House. You are met at the door by one of the serving maid and lead to a table near the front window. You are served a cup of wonderful spice tea and a sweet bread. The tea house is two stories. The downstairs has 25 tables and they are almost all full even at this late hour. The stair leading up are roped off and are gaurded by two very large gentle men weilding longswords.

Reinert: You head over to the Serpents Fang and after much negotiating are only able to get 25gp for the lot. Then you head over to the Tea House. The downstairs has a large window that covers the entire front of the building. You can see Cattivo having a cup of tea at one of the tables. The front has a set of double doors, the main entrance, and the back has one door, for the staff. The upstairs has no windows in the front, a balcony in back with four tables and a set of French Doors into the upstair section of the Tea House.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Upon researching the religion, and finding it similar but obviously different in practice from his own, Cid confronts one of the Church leaders and confesses that he is from a different sect of their religion, and has been trapped at sea for quite some time. He explains, in brief, that he still feels that he is responsible for duties assigned to him by other reputable churches of Pelor. He then outlines that if they request anything of him before he leaves with his group, he will attempt to perform such duties to the best of his abilities.

Inner Monologue, "It is my opinion that the church here is obviously of the same general motives as my brothers from my homeland, but in fact they lack some of the dogma that I am familiar with. I feel that although their religion is undoubtedly what Pelor wants for them, it is not what he actually wants for me. Obviously it is my duty to help these traveling companions to the best of my abilities, and it is my responsibility to be of whatever aid I can. Pelor has entrusted to this one sect one set of duties, and to me another."

"The news of an evil deity being involved in the political affiliation of one leader is not strange. Obviously the church has not felt this opinion founded, and I can't say that I've proven it myself. While I am here, I will inform my friends of my feelings on the matter. I will also wait, in the inn, for a possible sending from the Clergy or a message that one of the men we are tracking is inside this town."

(Also, had to replace Shileighla (sp?) with Shield of Faith)

Krug

Newshound
Jarrad goes around town, looking for beautiful women to impress. He'll try to train with the local militia, being condescending and rude, like his usual self. ;)

Jarrad pays 5 gp for his innstay, his alcohol tab, and his feasting.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Reinert will enter the tavern and approach the barkeep, winking at Cattivo as he passes. "Good sir," he says, putting his most charming smile on his ugly face. "My companions & I might be interested in renting a private room for a little conference soon. I was wondering if you had such a place, & if you do, if I could have a look at it to see if it would meet our needs."

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo pretends not to know Reinert - something he is more than pleased to do - and finishes his tea. Once that's done, he drifts out of the tea house and down the street (he pays first, if he hasn't already :) ).

Once at a safe distance, he browses the shops until Reinert turns up again. And he will. Dwarf's like a bad penny, that way.

MerakSpielman

First Post
OOC: Message from Emerald. She is unable to access the boards for an unknown reason. She emailed Morrus and is hoping to get it cleared up. She has not abandoned us.

Emerald

First Post
Hey, it appears I can quick reply I just can't access the advanced functions.

Unless there is something someone wants to do before the day of the meeting, lets move on. Let's say the meeting is supposed to be at 10am. (I am afraid if I go hunting for the time I posted last time I won't be able to get back in). Please talk amongst yourselves and decide what your plan is going to be.

Remove ads