Emerald's PbP game

MerakSpielman

First Post
So you pass the night uneventfully and set off again in the morning. You travel for most of the day, but by late afternoon you can see the city looming in the distance. As you get closer, you realize that what you see is just a suburb of Fy, Fy proper is actually on an island in a large bay, that has been completely covered by city and it has spilled on to the adjacent coastline. The suburb is called Fy-Lister and has one inn, The Soggy Shrimp, and a ferry to Fy proper.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Well, we stop here, or we could push on and try to locate the lazy kitten tea house."

How many days have past. Or rather, how many days till the meeting we expect Richard to attend?

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Let's ask around. Likely it's in the main city, but I don't want to ferry us all the way out there just to find out we need to come back to shore."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I think I'm going to look for an armorsmith... but not till after we decide where we are going. The more time I spend out here in the unknown, the more I seem to be attacked by everything lurking about, and I'd hate to get hurt myself..."

(If anyone can figure out how long we are going to be here, I can start crafting scrolls and potions if the opportunity exists...)

Krug

Newshound
Jarrad says to press on to the city. "I miss the smell of the city... the overhanging laundry, the sewers, the bad beer, the sweating hordes..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Ai, we had aught to press forwards. Strange turtles with stingers could be everywhere, and I'd hate it if our horses were turned into onions. I tell you, I don't trust this wilderness as far as I can think about it..."

Capellan

Explorer
OOC: quick query re character level up - are we staying with 3e, or moving to 3.5? I don't mind, but it obviously has some significant effects for a Half-Elf Bard, so I thought I'd better check :)

Given that we hope to surprise Richard here in town, Cattivo reluctantly forgoes the opportunity to sing the Song of V'Skar. Once the farmer turned wizard is dealt with, however ...

In the interim, he finds a corner in which to brood, and write angry, depressing poetry.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: As far as I know, everyone else has stuck w/3E, although I'm game to upgrade.

"You know, this Ra-Pelor character has Cid a little twisted up, I think. I'm starting a new religion, Pelor-Ra. I'm going to be a cleric pretty soon."

Reinert will try to find some guards to ask about his stingers on the way to the Inn. And the group will ask around about the lazy kitten before traveling on into the heart of the city.

Emerald

First Post
You are able to find out rather quickly that the Lazy Kitten Tea House is in the city proper (out on the island) in the very upscale part of town, but easy to find. It is a popular meeting place for politicians who do not want to be seen meeting in a tavern. It is dusk. You have one and half days until the meeting is scheduled.

In order to get across to Fy you have 3 options.
1. the crowded public ferry, 1 gp each way, no cargo allowed, this is the way the local public and city workers go
2. the merchants toll bridge, 5 gp each way, the merchant wagons go this way
3. the private docks, private ferries that can be commissions for anywhere between 10 gp and 100 gp depending on the amenities and reputation of the ferry, this is the way the wealthy and politicians go.

Reinert: You will be directed to a poison shop (the serpants fang) in the main trade center of Fy as a possible buyer of the stingers.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay, as you can see I posted under Merak last time and so I was not signed up for the email notifications, I will be more carful in the future.

I would prefer to stick with 3.0, at least for another couple of months, money is a bit tight right now, and since my table games are not switching, I would prefer to put off buying the new books for at least a little while longer.

Remove ads