Emerald's PbP game

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Looks like we need to take the ferry to get Kaltide's fine wagon across. I say we get on over to the island, so we can scope out the Inn for a day and make a plan. I'll be able to try to sell these stingers as well."

Capellan

Explorer
"The ferry does not permit cargo. We will need to use the bridge for Kaltide's ... vehicle." Cattivo sniffs, his opinion of the cart evidently as low as his opinion of most other things. "Making our way there as soon as possible would be best. If nothing else, there may be a little more culture on the other side than I have found around here."

OOC: is the cost for the bridge per person, or per wagon? If the latter, we can all go across that way for the same price as the ferry. If it is per person, then Kaltide can take the wagon ovet the bridge, while the rest of us take the ferry.

MerakSpielman

First Post
"You're all welcome to ride, if you like. If it's going to cost you, then go ahead and take the ferry. Let's set up camp at the nearest inn to the Lazy Kitten. I'm going to spend the next day trying to figure out one of Richard's spe... er..." (characteristic glance around nervously as we approach civilization) "fishing techniques. They take time to decypher...."

OOC: Kaltide will try to understand Richard's version of Ray of Enfeeblement in preparation for actual scribing at some later date.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"For what it's worth, I'd feel most comfortable if two of us watch the waggon. I've got enough money left, I'll pay my ride there. Should we meet at the ferry's port or at the edge of the bridge?"

(willing to pay 5 gold if needed to go across the bridge)

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo crosses on the ferry - sniffing pointedly at the many smelly cretins he is forced to jostle with - before disembarking on the far side and walking around to the bridge to meet the fisherwizard and his wagon.

"Let's find this 'tea house'. Perhaps they might brew a decent pot." his tone makes it clear he does not expect they will.

Creamsteak

Explorer
After having crossed the bridge, Cid calls out to his companions and then states quite suddenly, "I've got a great deal of business to attend to. First off, I must find the most reputable church in town and collect my bearings on religion around here, then I must collect my bearings on just how far from my homeland I've been thrown."

"Then I'm going to visit a smith, see about having some real warriors armor crafted for my use. I learned how to use it in my combat training, and although I never suspected I'd use it, I'm really excited about buying something like that now."

"And I have to restock components of all types of course, havn't really had the chance to due so just yet. This is my first time in a reasonable sized city."

"Oh, and what about those people your all so interested in tracking? Gotta find out about all that I guess... but I'll be too busy. Should I find us a place to stay? We might rest here for a short stint if necessary."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"I reckon we should find a place to stay, then split up for a time. I'd like to find something not too pricey, and pretty close to the tea house. Not the tea house itself, as Richard would recognize us if he saw us. Then I'll go try to sell my stingers, then do some reconaisance around the tea house. Good for you, Cid, for getting some armor. It can't just be me & Jarrad doing the fighting all the time."

MerakSpielman

First Post
After locating the inn meeting said requirements, and making sure that the horses are cared for, Kaltide will announce, "Well, have fun all of you! I'm staying here to study, read, and guard our stuff."

(OOC: reading Richard's spellbook to understand Ray of Enfeeblement)

Remove ads