• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empire of the River God OOC

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
rangerjohn said:
What happened to the people who voted being first?
Good question, we have one player on the player list that didn't vote for the game, and we have people like you who did vote, and even declared your intention to play, who aren't on the list... :\

I’m not going to force a DM/GM to run a game with more players than they are not comfortable with nor I’m I going to tell them which players they have to take. There giving up there time to run a game for the rest of us. :)

So adding or removing people is going to be up to Ghostknight and no one else. :)

Rangerjohn, if you dislike my answer you can PM or email me, ftn4life@earthlink.net and we can discuss it farther but who knows maybe it was a simply oversight. :)

Respectfully,
The mod with no powers... :cool:

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kewl, well I am debating two character types...

A Crab Earth Suhjenju (sp? will edit when I get home tonight)

-or-

A Shaman of some kind... debating about some of the races in OA...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here's my preliminary character, further description to come.

Mirumoto Zoriko
Female Human Samurai 7
Alignment:
Lawful Good
Respected Ancestors: Mirumoto Tokeru and Mirumoto Ryudumu
Clan: Dragon

Height: 4' 7"
Weight: 93 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Str: 16 (+3) [8 points, +1 4th level]
Dex: 15 (+2) [8 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Bonus ancestor feat at 1st level, Diplomacy as class skill, 4 extra skill points at 1st level, 1 extra skill point per level beyond 1st. Ancestral Daisho, Bonus Feats

Hit Dice: 7d10+7
HP: 49
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +5 armor [from +1 partial armor], +1 natural)
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Saves:
Fort +7 [+5 base, +1 Con, +1 haori]
Ref +5 [+2 base, +2 Dex, +1 haori]
Will +7 [+5 base, +1 Wis, +1 haori]

BAB: +7/+2
Melee Atk: +13/+8 (1d10+5/19-20/x2/S, +2 katana) or +11/+6 (1d6+4/19-20/x2/S, +1 wakizashi)
Full daisho attack - +11/+6/+9 (first two 1d10+5, last 1d6+4)
Or - +11 (1d8+4/x3/P,S, 5 ft. reach, heaven lotus phoenix tail)
Full heaven lotus phoenix tail attack - +9/+4 (1d8+4/1d8+4/x3/P,S, 5 ft. reach)
Ranged Atk: +10/+5 (1d8+3/x3/P, +3 might composite longbow)

Skills:
Climb +8 [7 ranks, +3 Str, -2 armor check penalty]
Craft (calligraphy) +10 [6 ranks, +2 Int, +2 masterwork calligraphy kit]
Iaijutsu Focus +10 [10 ranks, +0 Cha]
Intimidate +10 [10 ranks, +0 Cha]
Jump +7 [6 ranks, +3 Str, -2 armor check penalty]
Perform (tea ceremony) +10 [10 ranks, +0 Cha]
Ride +9 [5 ranks, +2 Dex, +2 military saddle]
Sense Motive +11 [10 ranks, +1 Wis]

Feats:
Soul of Loyalty (human bonus ancestral feat)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (heaven lotus phoenix tail) (1st level)
Weapon Focus (katana) (samurai bonus 2nd level)
Ambidexterity (3rd level)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (katana) (samurai bonus 4th level)
Two-Weapon Fighting (6th level)

Languages: Rokugani, Spirit Tongue, Shadowlands

Equipment
Lokoto - +2 katana (8,000gp) Picture
Fubiso - +1 wakizashi (2,000gp) - Looks identical to katana
+1 Heaven Lotus Phoenix Tail (2,335gp) Picture (scroll down) - Each end of the weapon is enameled in green
+1 partial armor (1,200gp) - Imagine laquered in green
Masterwork dai-kyu (mighty composite longbow, +3 strength bonus) (700gp)
Dragon's scales - amulet of natural armor +1 (2,000gp) - This appears as a dragon in flight, golden and enamaled in green with ruby chips for eyes.
Haori [cloak] of resistance +1 (1,000gp) - This appears as a brilliant green haori with a dragon stitched on the back
Charging Bull Elixir (as potion of bull's strength) - This is a small ceramic bottle with a painting of a charging bull on it. 300gp
Serpant's Sinuousity (as potion of cat's grace) - This is a serpant-shaped piece of rock candy that must be eaten to get the effect. 300gp
Volcano's Favor (as potion of protection from elements (fire)) - This a minature volcano made from red wax. It is melted by breathing on it (which activates the effect). 750gp
2 Fingers of Jade - These are pieces of light green jade, thick and flat and about two inches long. (200gp)
Masterwork Calligraphy Set (55gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Tent (10gp)
Straw Mat (5sp)
Bedroll (1sp)
Soap (5sp)
Flint & Steel (1gp)
10 Day's Rations (5gp)
2 Waterskins (2gp)
Incense – Twenty five-inch sticks of sandalwood incense in a green lacquered case with a dragon painted on it; the case also serves as a holder for lit incense. (10gp)
2 courtier's outfits and 1 noble's outfit - 165gp
Joukai, light warhorse (150gp)
Military Saddle (20gp)
Bit & Bridle (4gp)

Money:
124gp, 9sp

Appearance: Mirumoto Zoriko is a very petite woman. When most encounter her for the first time in court, they assume she is a wife who tends to stay at home. But beneath the silks of her court dress, Zoriko is a very strong, balanced young woman, and an excellent samurai. When traveling on a mission for her lord, she prefers the lighter partial armor instead of the heavier great armor that many other samurai wear. Hers is laquered in varying shades of green, from jade to emerald to pine.

Her black hair is glossy and very straight, and she tends to wear it in a noble's topnot. Her eyes are wide and jade-green, and she often wears clothes dyed to match them; it is her one real conceit.

Personality: Zoriko is a passionate woman, though most would not know it from meeting her briefly. In the company of strangers, she prefers to let them think of her what they will. But once she has had something of interest come up, she shatters whatever illusions people have of her.

She is fairly forthright with her decisions, using her passionate loyalty and undeniable skill to try to win people over to her way of viewing things. She does not possess the honeyed tongue of some courtiers and thus sometimes her fiery approach can be abrasive, but she is convinced that it serves her well enough. Her pride can be something of a stumbling block, and she can be rather headstrong at times.

History: Zoriko was born into the Mirumoto family, and it became quite apparent that despite her small frame, she had the potential strength and speed to be an excellent samurai. Setting aside childhood aspirations for being a shugenja when it seemed her parents were reluctant to place her in the Mirumoto school, she quickly began to show her strength and skill with the blades. Like many of the Dragon clan, she learned the two-blade method, weilding her katana in one hand and her wakizashi in the other.

However, she rarely sullies her ancestral daisho on common enemies, prefering to use the elaborate heaven lotus phoenix tail for normal combat. She feels the weapon adds to her stature and the mystique of the Dragon clan.

Though she excels at the blade, she has also spent a great deal of time at court, primarily assisting her father in finding a husband for her. She is accomplished in caligraphy and tea ceremony, but some noble men have found her bluntness and warrior skill somewhat intimidating. Zoriko greatly desires to have a child, but her pride will not let her or her father accept just any potential husband.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone said:
Yeah, this game seems like it needs alot of skill points... :\

GK, what if we bumped the skill points up a bit for each class, like by increasing the base number by one would give an addition 11 points. (It's just an idea. :)
This would greatly help me (even the xtra one per level would give me 11, as Bro suggested). I need all the skill points I can get to pull this off.... *bats eyes at GK* :lol:

Ghostknight

First Post
rangerjohn said:
What happened to the people who voted being first?

My fault - you are in RJ (I said eight - we only have 6- I was trying to move things along and got carried away.)

Yiu are in - so go ahead and post a charcater

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Isida Kep'Tukari said:

Is this in error? :) If not you’re going to have to modifier her for middle age. (At least I believe so, the age table in the OA appeared to be different than the PHB... Of course it was late last night so I could be in error.)

Karl Green

First Post
GK, I just got Comp Divine this weekend, would you prefer that I use the Shugenja from there (as it is updated for 3.5) or the one in O.A.? They are not that different BUT the spell lists are. Just wondering.

I am pretty sure I am going to be a Human Crab Earth (Order of the Perfect Sculpture from Comp Divine) Shugenja. Still working on him, and will be done shortly

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Karl Green said:
GK, I just got Comp Divine this weekend, would you prefer that I use the Shugenja from there (as it is updated for 3.5) or the one in O.A.? They are not that different BUT the spell lists are. Just wondering.

GK, if you don't let have the complete divine I can get you the need information for the class, and spell list. :)

Remove ads