• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN Boards Boston

Talaysen

First Post
Unfortunately, I've missed all the get-togethers so far...but I'd really like to get in on one. I'm not especially interested in Feng Shui but I'm always up for D&D, Call of Cthulhu, HackMaster, Ghostbusters...and wouldn't mind trying Paranoia or some such. (Though my regular DM has promised we'll be playing Paranoia one of these days...)

Heck, for that matter, I'll be looking to start a new campaign/gaming group soon, and local EN Boarders would certainly be more than welcome! This would probably be a "Clearinghouse" campaign - i.e. "Spencer's got so much random crap in his head that if he doesn't get some use out of it he'll explode." There are only so many ideas I can turn into full-fledged freelance projects, after all.

I'm thinking the campaign in question would at least start on a world of my own design, based at least in part on the Scarred Lands. From there, however, you can expect to see elements of various settings new and old - Spelljammer, Ravenloft, FR, probably Dragonstar when I get around to picking it up...etc. It's really not as random as it sounds; I'm fairly organized at heart so everything does get tied up into one neat little storyline. Eventually.

Any campaign I run is likely to be high-magic, at least on the arcane side. (Divine intervention is not a daily occurence, after all, and if miracles become commonplace they're not exactly miraculous anymore.) I feel that fantasy should be truly...well...fantastic, and I'll be trying to spread that sense of wonder throughout my campaign. In all likelihood, it will also be fairly combat-light and roleplaying-heavy; at least, that's the idea.

Well, I don't mean to turn this into an ad for my upcoming game, but if you're looking for a new campaign and all this sounds vaguely interesting, please e-mail me and we'll discuss it.

In the meantime, as I said, I really would like to get in on an ENB Boston gathering, or help organize one. Doesn't have to be a single game; perhaps we could commandeer YMG's gaming space for an afternoon or evening, or forego actual gaming altogether and just have a potluck or meet at a restaurant or some such.

Davelozzi

Explorer
We just had a gathering this past weekend, you might want to wait a while and try posting this again and you'll probably have more luck getting responses. I think your idea for a Living EN boards campaign would be great but it'd take a lot of work to pull off.

Gospog

First Post
What he said.

I just wanted to second what Davelozzi said. We Boston ENBoarders just met last week.

If you wait a bit and post, you will probably get a healthy response. Right now, we are still recovering. ;)

It may also pay off to monitor these parts of the boards, watching for "Isn't it time we played again?"

That being said, it sounds like you have a lot of good ideas and enthusiasm! I would be interested. (I would love to play in a Scarred Lands setting.)

Thanks.

Tom

Morgaine

First Post
Talaysen said:
Any campaign I run is likely to be high-magic, at least on the arcane side. In all likelihood, it will also be fairly combat-light and roleplaying-heavy; at least, that's the idea.

I think I might be interested in that. Currently I play in PirateCat's Scarred Lands campaign and I really enjoy the world, so far. I'd be interested in more details.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Damn! I'm being left for another DM! :D

Hey, we'll probably do another get-together in the next month or so. I'll start looking at dates - not that you really need me to organize it, of course.

Doc_Souark

Explorer
their CHEATIN on PC ! GASP !

There there lil fella it'll be ok ~ Gives PC a cookie ~ I'm sure it's just a spring flink kind of thing, they'll be back !.

Gospog

First Post
Next month or so?

Cool!

Count me in. And I'm not leaving anybody. I have no qualms about meeting twice, time permitting. Throw out some times (when you can) and I'll let you know what I can attend.

I had a blast at the last get-together, I can't wait to play again!

Thanks.

Tom:cool:

PS
Pirate Cat, have you gotten any of
my E-mails? I know you were having
E-mail probs.

Morgaine

First Post
Piratecat said:
Damn! I'm being left for another DM! :D

No, I'm not leaving you. I'd be a fool to leave a game with a DM who has groupies. :eek:) I just thought it would be fun to multi-task. Then again, given my proclivity for falling, tripping and generally being clumsy, maybe it's not such a good idea.

Remove ads